Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perhaps this is a question better asked of F type females! Nonetheless, if you think that your type is the most sensitive, loving, considerate, and expressive to your lady, I'd love to hear about it, as I am trying to type my husband who is clearly a T, but seems to lack the cold, insensitive stereotype of Ts.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Something about a relationship with a girl turns me into a real feeler, I'm not sure what it is, I will suppress most of these emotions still but when comfortable I can get pretty romantic.
I want to make sure that they are happy and cared for because it gives me a sense of satisfaction, and really it's not that hard. The last one I was with said that I was "really good boyfriend material", whatever that means.
I try not to think about it and it comes naturally. I stopped having any expectations whatsoever which also helps.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I must admit I turn into a complete softie when I have a girlfriend. I'm actually quite an excellent boyfriend. If every guy was like me, half of the books and movies out now wouldn't make any sense.
awww...you're making me feel gooey...and based on the ENTJ's I know (one romantically and one as a friend) I'd say what you're saying is completely true. :happy:

I have quite a few NT male friends who are really protective over me...the thing is, tho they may not be sensitive in a "feeling" sense, they are very good at reading my face and expressions, which makes them very sensitive to when I'm feeling sad or emotional. "I"s will be quieter in how they deal with it, and try and quietly "do" things to make me feel better, whereas the "E"'s will check directly what's wrong (...and then either try to offer me a solution or, on a good day, just give me a hug)

Really, I think NT males are untapped treasure troves of very gentlemanly human beings (in the best sense). I guess conventional women don't necessarily appreciate them (cos they don't notice the little details)...like my dad will quietly sort out the plumbing/wiring whatever if you happen to mention there's a problem or buy you a box if you mention you're having storage problems...an example tho of what I mean by conventioanl women (sensors)

On their first anniversary, my dad (INTJ) gave my mum (ESFJ) some plastic flowers in a jar. My mum was not happy: to her, this seemed cheapskate behavior and not as romantic as real flowers. To my dad's mind tho, plastic flowers are eternal and don't die, just like their love for one another should be. *shrug* but my mum just doesn't understand how genuinely romantic the gesture was, because, for her, romance is red roses and cuddly bears.

Where do I get me an NT male? :frustrating: They really are lovely, but rather difficult to find!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL, thank you all for your comments! I just showed this to my husband and he says, oi, you should say that the most sensitive type is your husband and that I should ask what other types are the next most sensitive, LOLOL!

Seriously though, ENTJ, ENTP seem likely contenders. My father in law is an INTP, and he is such a sweetheart too.

An aside: If my DH is an ENTJ, then he's not a very domineering one, unless you count nagging, and penny pinching, lol---ironically, he can also be quite generous and compliant. ENTP could be a good fit since he in an inventor/designer/entrepreneur. Still, the verdict has not been reached yet (don't want to get off topic here).

This is all very interesting, I can't wait to hear more people weigh in on the subject. :happy:

·
Registered
424 Posts
This question is sexist.

It takes two hands to clap.

Besides if I were to please a partner just for their sake, how am I supposed to be loved? Love is reciprocal.

You're probably better with a ISFP.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Well so the easy answer is someone with Fe, which would be ENTP (tertiary) or INTP (inferior), HOWEVER...

I suspect the reason your husband seems so much less cold than a typical T is because he really loves you and wants to show that side of him to you. It's been said before, but I've certainly had some preconceived notions of what certain types can act like completely shattered by people on this website.

EDIT to add: I think key thing, more so than personalty type, is motivation. If an NT (or, I assume, an ST) wants to be gentle/sensitive/caring they will be, and they will likely be very good at it. As I said, I think this stems more from him loving you than him being a specific type. You've made him want to be those things, so he is.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
INTJs with a decently developed F can be very romantic and caring. Because we think about everything, we can be quite good at finding just the right gestures to make our SOs get that warm and fuzzy feeling. For example, I'm quite intuitive about my love's needs - could be just a glance across the room in a party; the right book for an impromptu present; just the right song; writing a poem; walk on the beach at sunset. I'm always keeping my eye out for the next thing to show my love that I care...and I'm very patient in holding off for the right moment.

And of course, she knows that I'm her rock any time she needs me.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've got an INTJ right now that I absolutely adore. He is beautiful inside and out and very sensitive to my needs. Must be that Ni picking up on things I don't see in myself.
Awesome! Yeah, the Ni might enable him to zone in on what's going on with your needs.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well so the easy answer is someone with Fe, which would be ENTP (tertiary) or INTP (inferior), HOWEVER...

I suspect the reason your husband seems so much less cold than a typical T is because he really loves you and wants to show that side of him to you. It's been said before, but I've certainly had some preconceived notions of what certain types can act like completely shattered by people on this website.

EDIT to add: I think key thing, more so than personalty type, is motivation. If an NT (or, I assume, an ST) wants to be gentle/sensitive/caring they will be, and they will likely be very good at it. As I said, I think this stems more from him loving you than him being a specific type. You've made him want to be those things, so he is.
Gosh, now I'm the one feeling warm and fuzzy, thanks. LOL Certainly he will be getting a lot of credit today for loving me so much! LOLOL.

I do see the easy answer with the Fe, also the idea of Ni zoning in on needs.

Of course it makes sense that we are all capable of using all eight functions adeptly, especially if we train ourselves to remember each of them as we need them.

What an interesting and wonderful reservoir we all have.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
INTJs with a decently developed F can be very romantic and caring. Because we think about everything, we can be quite good at finding just the right gestures to make our SOs get that warm and fuzzy feeling. For example, I'm quite intuitive about my love's needs - could be just a glance across the room in a party; the right book for an impromptu present; just the right song; writing a poem; walk on the beach at sunset. I'm always keeping my eye out for the next thing to show my love that I care...and I'm very patient in holding off for the right moment.

And of course, she knows that I'm her rock any time she needs me.
Wow, what a lucky girl! Too often the male stereotype is negative. I do think most guys are pretty decent and loving, though some are more demonstrative than others I suppose. Then again that goes for women too!

My husband has tested as an INTJ, but I really think that the tests should be backed up by research (or a qualified professional) along with determining your own best type. I believe the ENTP is the INTJ shadow, so that could make sense for him.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
I think this also depends on upbringing. If the guy grew up in family where there was little expression of affection and may be even fighting between his parents, or where expressions of his own emotion was heavily suppressed, I think when he grows up he is more likely to fit into the emotionally cold stereotype. He'll just won't really see the use in expressing warm emotions and likely to also lack the know-how on how to do it.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I think this also depends on upbringing. If the guy grew up in family where there was little expression of affection and may be even fighting between his parents, or where expressions of his own emotion was heavily suppressed, I think when he grows up he is more likely to fit into the emotionally cold stereotype. He'll just won't really see the use in expressing warm emotions and likely to also lack the know-how on how to do it.
I completely agree with Vel. I think it also depends on the partner. So in your case, it seems you bring out the best in him and have a healthy relationship.

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
There's nothing intrinsically caring about Fe. If you say that Fe = caring, then Fi = fairness. If you want to pick good qualities that may arise out of certain cog functions, that's fine, but don't monopolise goodness in Fe...

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
As someone who mentioned Fe, I don't mean to imply that Fe > Fi for loving someone. More so that someone with Fe seems more likely to be outwardly loving. Of course, they'd also be more likely to be really mean or hurtful as well.

Also, Fe goodness? Bah! My Fe blows. I wish I were better at controlling or taming it. (/end even more Fe venting)

1 - 20 of 57 Posts