Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I wish there was a way to do polls, just a quick one. Since ISTPs are known for our lopsided grins, which side does yours lean? Mine is to the right. I always hated it, and tried to smile like normal people. But I can't hide it. Then I learned its part of the ISTP and now I'm okay with it.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Left.

Left looks okay.

Thanks to the right, it is exposed for what it is: a half hearted attempt to convince the person I'm trying to smile at that I actually like them. :tongue:

It basically looks like a smirk.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Right

not to thread hijack, but I've also noticed many ISTPs often have a inquisitive stare. A few people on here do..myself included- I'm told.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'm a right-leaning crooked smiler. Even when I'm genuinely super happy, it's a right-sided smile... until I realize how goofy I probably look, and I force the left side to join in. It still looks stupid, though.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Right. What is the point of it, why is this an ISTP thing? On pictures, I try to look silly as much as I can, so I always have a huuuge grin, but at least it's symmetrical ;)

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
I never noticed...I had to look in the mirror: Right.

Funny story: I got called out for smirking in class the other day. The subject keeps getting more and more convoluted and I could see where it was going, and the crooked smile/smirk emerged. My prof. noticed, kind of laughed, and said, "you don't have to smirk."

Oops, he wasn't supposed to see that...but I don't care! :proud:

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
It curves up on the left hand side like this: :cool: I still have one wisdom tooth on my upper right hand side though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
... Wait seriously? A lopsided smile is a personality thing? o.o
Yes; like having hands makes you a feeling type. :3

also I wonder if there is a relation between side of your smirk and your dominant hand.

Right side smile, also right handed.

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
Usually when I smile I look like this :happy: or this :crazy:

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
I forgot to say when I smile crazily my eyes are open.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Left.

Left looks okay.

Thanks to the right, it is exposed for what it is: a half hearted attempt to convince the person I'm trying to smile at that I actually like them. :tongue:

It basically looks like a smirk.
Sorry about that incoherent post, I was on the sauce when I wrote that.

Mine actually goes to the right.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
lefty here also

and yes, this has been marked down as a istp trait sometime long ago, forgot the thread. The 'one sided smile'. Laughing is different tho.

·
Registered
247 Posts
It's my job to notice and record smiles (wedding/portrait photographer), and I always notice if the smile is "lopsided" - which is pretty infrequent, actually.

My Oct 2nd groom has a pronounced lopsided smile (toward the left). He is also very quiet, sarcastic, great with the one-liners, hated the crowd at his reception, spent most of his time with one or two people, was ready to leave early, and has a definite spiritual bent (very modern Christian wedding, but he was less dogmatic and more... I dunno, *zen* I guess?). He was very comfortable to work with. His bride, FWIW, extraverted, very big on socializing and making sure everyone was taken care of, bubbly, religious, completely adorable and lovable. Also comfortable to work with, because she is a natural at making others feel at ease. Great couple, and they seemed to work really well together.

I don't know why I just talked about all that. I must be bored.

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
It's my job to notice and record smiles (wedding/portrait photographer), and I always notice if the smile is "lopsided" - which is pretty infrequent, actually.

My Oct 2nd groom has a pronounced lopsided smile (toward the left). He is also very quiet, sarcastic, great with the one-liners, hated the crowd at his reception, spent most of his time with one or two people, was ready to leave early, and has a definite spiritual bent (very modern Christian wedding, but he was less dogmatic and more... I dunno, *zen* I guess?). He was very comfortable to work with. His bride, FWIW, extraverted, very big on socializing and making sure everyone was taken care of, bubbly, religious, completely adorable and lovable. Also comfortable to work with, because she is a natural at making others feel at ease. Great couple, and they seemed to work really well together.

I don't know why I just talked about all that. I must be bored.
It's nice that you did.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I burst out laughing when I read this title. Never thought of it as a personality trait until just now, and the reasons why it comes out.

To the right...people always think I'm mad or faking it so that I look like I care.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts