• Kansas

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Texas. I'm not all that fond of the culture. I'm pretty centrist (culturally quite liberal, economically mixed). I've lived in New Mexico and it was decent. I suppose Texas is somewhat similar to New Mexico.

Texas has created around half the job growth of the country in the last 5 years and it votes pretty conservative so I guess that at least some parts must have good security. Texas = opportunity + security. There is no life without struggle without these two.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Arizona. One of the best untapped resources of the US--great hiking, etc. Hot, but not muggy like it is in the Northeast.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Lol I'm so dumb, I was looking for Seattle and couldn't find it...
But yea washington.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Alaska.

Currently in Cali.

Nobody will bother my weeds...check
Acreage...check
Bushplane access...check
Anti-zombie climate...check
Guns...check
Possible last bastion of the human race...check

Everything I need ya?

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
If I were moving to the US, the only State I would be okay with living in New York or maybe Delaware or New Jersey. The accents suck but these are the states I've felt most comfortable in and didn't bug me as much as other states about my accent.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Washington or Oregon because Seattle and Portland are awesome, their coastlines are gorgeous, and the cool, rainy weather. Or Alaska for the breathtaking scenery and cold, snowy winters.

I always have been and always will be a Pacific Northwesterner.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
If I were moving to the US, the only State I would be okay with living in New York or maybe Delaware or New Jersey. The accents suck but these are the states I've felt most comfortable in and didn't bug me as much as other states about my accent.
Your accent would adapt into a more American one eventually, but no one really gets shit for their accents unless you can't understand them or they pronounce things funny

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
Your accent would adapt into a more American one eventually, but no one really gets shit for their accents unless you can't understand them or they pronounce things funny
I live in Canada from the UK. My accent just won't budge. I'm guessing my years of speech therapy has something to do with it. Talking has always been work for me and I always have to pay attention that I don't get lazy and revert to sign language. I was deaf when I was little. In the States I hear a lot of: I LOVE your accent, are you English? I liked their attention the first couple of times but it got old quickly.

Reactions: Vaka
1 - 20 of 28 Posts