Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have anxiety or depression and here seems filled with cognitive-comportamental psychologyst.
Thing is: I want to start a therapy and learn something, and grow as a human being. What would you suggest and why?
Also I don't need a short therapy.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'm personally interested in more of a support group/group therapy setting where people discuss personal triumphs and help each other through hard times. I don't know much about these outside of a bible study kind of scenario but I'm sure they must exist. Depending on the maturity of the group I think it could be as insightful as professional therapy and at no monetary cost. A small group would be ideal, 4-5. Any more and people would need to compete for speaking time.

·
Banned
5,117 Posts
I do not suggest CBT or an NLP practicioner.

That would involve learning about yourself, correcting negitive thought processes, setting goals, smashing them and becoming awesome.

So I definately do not suggest that.
Why would you even want to change as a person and realise your full potential?

Reactions: charlie.elliot

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Do you mean that you don't have a mental illness?

If you have specific things you want to change, life coaching or mentoring might work. Counseling might be good for more general personal growth.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Life coaching or NLP coaching for life goals in whatever area you want to grow stronger in.

CBT & psychologists are more for working through mental health issues, at least here in Australia.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts