Personality Cafe banner

Which thinker would be the most susceptible to feelings?

• ENTJ

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • INTJ

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • ENTP

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • INTP

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • ESTJ

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • ISTJ

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • ESTP

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • ISTP

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another Double; The first part is as above. Which thinking type would be most susceptible to feelings, which one would care the most. I feel that even though this is about thinkers that feelers will get the greatest Kick out of it.

The next part is going to be Which thinking type would get hurt easiest by their own feelings, but thats for next week.

Reactions: Grey

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Hm I think it all depends on their strength of F-ness.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Yeah as bear pointed out we are all individuals.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Time to Generalize.....

I know it depends on the individual, but thats only if I meant it as individuals I meant it as in the big picture.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I voted ESTP.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Well I was thinkin' whichever type has the biggest ego, but I'm not quite sure if that falls into a specific personality type.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
INTJs have bigger egos. Trust me, go hang out on the INTJforums and you'll see what I mean.

·
Registered
871 Posts
most susceptible to them? ESTJs get angry way too easily, but I wouldn't call them "susceptible" because if someone shows emotions around them they're not likely to be pierced by them.

I went with ESTP too. The ETPs and ITPs are the only ones with a conscious Fe function, and the ITPs have it inferior. It was then a toss-up between S/N, then, but I figured that Ne would make the ENTPs more likely to react to the idea of emotions, while an S would react if they could see a person were showing emotions in front of them.

It really depends on what you mean by susceptible too, though. Most likely to have their minds changed by others' feelings? Most likely to feel something themselves? Most likely to demonstrate empathy? I'd give different answers for each. The ESTP response was based on the "having their minds changed by someone else showing feeling in front of them" interpretation.

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
ESTJs are probably the most likely to feel frustrated and impatient and to blow up at someone, but aren't likely to respond to the emotional displays of others in a positive way. In fact, they are likely to respond to the pain of others by becoming angry and threatening, amplifying the problem rather than having enough sympathy to deal with someone else's feelings appropriately.

The same goes for an unhealthy INTP, although the healthy ones seem somewhat less reactive and more concerned with helping others.

The ESTPs I have known are the ones I see doing things for the thrill or the rush of emotional excitement. I don't think they are likely to respond to the emotional displays of others very positively, though, at least from my experiences.

I've seen an ENTP get emotional before. He got angry in heated debates, passionate about the idea of being right. He was moved by the idea of someone else's mercy toward him and saddened by the loss of a friendship. If he saw someone else feeling something, however, he had the tendency to treat it as a flaw and became dismissive or condescending.

The ISTJs I have known don't seem to show much emotion at all, but can be deeply moved by the feelings of others. They sympathize enough to try to find practical solutions for the problems that cause their friends distress, and are usually willing to celebrate positive things when their friends are joyful.

I will vote when I feel like I fully understand what was being asked, because my response would be different according to the meaning of the question.

Reactions: MilkyWay132

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh, in a starling change of events INTPs are being voted for left and right. :mellow: Poll closes in two days.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Holy crap!

You never did clearly define what you meant by "susceptible to feelings." Externally susceptible or internally?
Both, which type would let the feelings get to them.

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
Did you mean "Which type is most likely to respond positively or sympathetically to the emotional displays of others?" or "Which type is most likely to express emotions of its own?"

Oh. If it's both, I don't know.

The ones who are strongly sympathetic aren't the same ones that are emotionally expressive. This is a tough one.

I just voted ISTJ, even though they aren't expressive, because they might be the most easily moved by the emotions of others.

Reactions: MilkyWay132

·
Banned
2,672 Posts
Both, which type would let the feelings get to them.
So, you never answered the question. Did you mean "Which type is most likely to respond positively or sympathetically to the emotional displays of others?" or "Which type is most likely to express emotions of its own?"
Precisely. The answer varies depending on the source of emotional pressure. I would not likely respond to others' emotionality, but would possibly respond to my own. That is different from empathic emotionality. The most empathic T is not necessarily more or less susceptible, in your vague definition, to feelings than an emotionally aware T, they are susceptible in ways that are meaningless to compare.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Which type would allow others emotions to get to them.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
INTP are usually positive at least at has been with me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.