• ENTP (Tertiary Fe)

Votes: 14 27.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Birdie Borracho
9,380 Posts
I don't see any of the inferior Fi/Fe types being the most emotional, quantitatively. Interesting question, though, because I've seen people of all these types as emotional, but just as many who are cold-blooded.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have an ENTJ friend who on the surface seems anything but the emotional type. Recently she told me that when she's alone she has a hard time controlling her feelings and has actually made 2 suicide attempts due to her parents breaking up. I guess many Thinkers can be quite emotional, but just doesn't show it.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
In my experience all of the ENTPs I've gotten to know still constantly confuse me and make me question whether they might actually be Feelers. especially my first guess is ENFJs. Cuz dat tertiarry Fe is strong...

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I don't think outward emotionality is necessarily type related. An ESFJ that is loaded with testosterone will probably show less emotion than an INTJ that isn't.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Out of the options, ESTP. For sure.

They are raw and in your face, but I think also very out of touch with them.
Immediate reactions, little understanding.

God do I love me some ESTPS. ./swoon.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Honestly I'd say it depends on what you mean as emotional, because there is a difference between how types usually use their feeling fuctions+how developed they are

·
Registered
811 Posts
In my experience all of the ENTPs I've gotten to know still constantly confuse me and make me question whether they might actually be Feelers. especially my first guess is ENFJs. Cuz dat tertiarry Fe is strong...
Same experience with ENTPs. For the longest time I thought my dad was an ENFJ.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
The tertiary types tend to be, but remember guys that environments influence how quickly an INDIVIDUAL develops their cognitive functions.

I'm an ISTP, and I consider myself more emotional than two ESTP's I know because of how I was raised and also because of moments of reflection.

From my experience, out of all those types in the poll, INTJ's tend to show more emotion.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
The tertiary types tend to be, but remember guys that environments influence how quickly an INDIVIDUAL develops their cognitive functions.

I'm an ISTP, and I consider myself more emotional than two ESTP's I know because of how I was raised and also because of moments of reflection.

From my experience, out of all those types in the poll, INTJ's tend to show more emotion.
INTJs? They show very little actual emotion. They can seem the coldest, and the friendliest.
The irony is epic. When you see an INTJ show actual emotion, it's some scary shiznit. But it is infrequent.
They be all about the calculations.

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
In a general face value way...ESTP...the combo of Se and Fe I think in theory would make them more emotional than the Ne-Fe combo of ENTPs who would be the second most emotional thinkers...then again feeling doesn't equal emotions because feeling is a rational function and emotions aren't rational. You also have to think about the context of the situation and other factors.

Reactions: Gilly

·
Registered
9,922 Posts
I would say in different ways... these 4 in no specific order

ENTP
ESTP
Tert Fe mixed with dom Extroversion of either Se or Ne can come off intense I think to people. I had to chuckle at some of the posts above.

And...
ISTJ
INTJ
Tert Fi mixed with introverted Dom function or Ni or Si can come off absolutely insane when they are upset just like others mentioned.

It seems like the 4 types I listed just have weird programming if they are upset where their functions are going to come off emotional at times.

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
ENTP. Ne can be an emotional thing in itself.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
INTJs? They show very little actual emotion. They can seem the coldest, and the friendliest.
The irony is epic. When you see an INTJ show actual emotion, it's some scary shiznit. But it is infrequent.
They be all about the calculations.
They show emotion often, it's just not usually in an affable way. Like when they feel the need to crush stupidity, and get angry at those who do stupid things.

They tend to have a red flare behind their words a lot of the time.

·
Registered
595 Posts
This is a pointless question with no answer for two reasons:

1. Function stacks exist only in (dubious) theory and how strong your preference is along each scale varies by individual. i.e. You can have an INTP with a very weak T preference and an INTJ with an extremely strong T preference. And both could score results on functions tests that do not correspond at all to what their type's stack is "supposed" to be.

2. Feeling in MBTI terms has nothing to do with emotion. Only subjective moral value judgments. How many times this will have to be said before people get it, I don't know. Even according to the most rigid interpretation of Harold Grant's function theory, the most you could say is that perhaps types with tertiary feeling are a bit more likely to include moral values in their decision-making process than types with inferior feeling. Nothing to do with emotion. That's outside the scope of MBTI. It depends on the level of neuroticism, which does not correlate to any of the MBTI's dimensions.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Honestly I'd say it depends on what you mean as emotional, because there is a difference between how types usually use their feeling fuctions+how developed they are
This, measuring emotionality is kind of subjective, I would think. Is Fe or Fi 'more' emotional?

If you're talking about types that have the most INTENSE emotions, I'd say possibly those with tertiary/inferior Fi, while Fe will be more expressed. I've known some INTJs who have emotional episodes that are more powerful than what I, as an INFP, would experience. Often they have little control of the more inferior functions, which is why thinkers can find feelings overwhelming. They're just not used to dealing with them, or knowing how to manage them or making sense of them.

·
Banned
2,244 Posts
This, measuring emotionality is kind of subjective, I would think. Is Fe or Fi 'more' emotional?

If you're talking about types that have the most INTENSE emotions, I'd say possibly those with tertiary/inferior Fi, while Fe will be more expressed. I've known some INTJs who have emotional episodes that are more powerful than what I, as an INFP, would experience. Often they have little control of the more inferior functions, which is why thinkers can find feelings overwhelming. They're just not used to dealing with them, or knowing how to manage them or making sense of them.

That makes sense. I'm guessing that Edward Snowden is INTJ, what he did is very emotionally driven, but not the warm & fuzzy variety.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts