Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the past, the character Brooke Davis of TV series One Tree Hill reminded me a lot about myself.

During early seasons, she was a very dramatic character who was shaped by her experiences of being heartbroken and betrayed. She seemed outgoing and outspoken, but at the deepest core she was intense, vulnerable and did not give her heart easily to just anyone.

When season 5 came, she became much more independent and driven, though her vulnerable, broken side was still very apparent. She could cry her heart out without warning. That's most likely where I'm at right now, I'm kind of like her in a way though not entirely. Her attitudes/the way she treated the people in her life.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
This is going to sound stupid but I used to watch Degrassi a lot in middle school and :blushed: well, the character Ellie reminded me a lot of myself, minus the cutting and general emo-ness (looks). Also little parts of the Liz chick from that one MTV show. My life as Liz, I think. But I'm a bit nicer. Maybe a bit of Pam from The Office too.

Reactions: under skies

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
I acted a lot like a Zack Morris in University. I was confident, a bit of a show boat, conniving (you wouldn't believe the things I weaseled myself out of), didn't take class seriously, flirty, and a little too open with some of my thoughts. In the end people gravitated to me and I was cool with virtually everybody.

Hrmm, high school... I was like a bit of a Kevin Arnold from Wonder Years. Always narrating my life, -reasonably- popular, but never over the top. Had my little crushes and my high school sweetheart. A bit temperamental at times. Lastly, just generally having that one -really- good friend.

Elem, hrmm not sure I can't think of a character. I was considered a smart jock that had the halo effect on me. I could do no wrong in the teachers eyes.

·
Banned
1,794 Posts
I can relate a lot to these three: Anne Elliot, Elenor Dashwood and Fanny Price (Jane Austen characters). I especially love Anne and Elenor, however I think my personality is more like Fanny's.

Does anyone know what types these three are?

·
Registered
375 Posts
When I was young, I related to Doug from the show...Doug.

Later on, Kevin from the Wonder Years

Eventually, Fox Mulder from the X-files.

Looking back on this, I become suspicious...did these shows begin to indoctrinate me with how I should view and react to life? Or did I gravitate to these shows because they were a semi-reflection of me? I actually think it was both, but unfortunately, A LOT of the former...indoctrination. As a young child in a single mother home, I was looking for role models and examples to pattern myself after, and understand life.

Doug
So, to watch a show like Doug and identify myself with that character, I develop an understanding of life. For example, to try and understand love, I saw how Doug would always swoon after and idolize Patti, and experience it all in his mind, but encounters were usually an awkward and emotionally unsafe affair. So I came to think that this was a natural and adoptable pattern, and that encounters with girls I like were meant to be awkward and full of confusion and speechlessness. I had no where else to learn that, but thanks to Doug...

Wonder Years
Good ol' Kevin picked up where Doug left off, teaching me emotionally-driven lessons about what life is about, and how social relationships work. I enjoyed the show, but it definitely left a negative imprint.

X-files
I became obsessed with this show. I originally recognized some of myself in Fox Mulder - this questing after truth and something beyond the immediately available and perceivable. That is how I gravitated to the show, but then the show started indoctrinating me. Up until then I was only moderately socially paranoid for the most part, but this show was like a pandora's box of paranoia. It began feeding me the idea of the whole world and all of its parts and systems being a total charade with some massive agenda flowing like a current beneath immediate reality. And so I identified with Mulder's quest and his plights, and I felt frustrated when he became frustrated when he ran into roadblocks and skeptical people. This show triggered a serious paranoia in me that affected my life negatively. Agh, Mulder, I trusted you! If one good thing came from this, it was that I think it gave me the idea, through the complementary tandem of Mulder and Scully, to investigate and examine things...but I don't directly thank the show for it.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Daria = teenage me
Also, Willow Rosenburg from Buffy.
Spike, also from Buffy.
I think Daria is the poster-child for INxPs during high school. Willow comes in a very close second, especially the first 2-3 seasons. After that, Willow started to get a little weird, then creepy, then downright bitchy, and I stopped feeling any association with her whatsoever.

As for characters I relate to now, I really don't watch enough tv to say. A friend tells me I'm similar to Abby from NCIS, but I think she's mistaking my slightly anti-social and relatively tech-related quirks as something more than what they actually are. *shrugs*

·
Registered
301 Posts
I also relate to Pam from the Office. Our personal growth is also similar. I used to be more shy and insecure and was with someone who didn't deserve me. While I am not with a significant other now, I feel I've become more confident and comfortable with myself just as Pam has.

I didn't watch My So-Called life all too often, but when I did, I related to Angela.

·
Registered
231 Posts
This is a bit of a funny answer, but whenever I watch Northern Exposure and see Chris Stevens (John Corbett) I feel as though his character is my kindred spirit. My soul twin. I see him move, I listen to him talk...and I see me. :)

He lives in a little trailer out by the woods on the edge of town near a river...he reads Nietzsche, he philosophizes about everything, he's earthy & real, he's charming & witty, creative and artistic, he's introspective & non-judgmental, he sits in the radio booth all day long and talks to himself...sending his voice out to all the people in the great Alaska openness.

Here he is in all his glory, talking on his radio show for the small town in Cicely, Alaska, and quite honestly...I feel like that could be me sitting there talking and saying the things he says. :blushed: He is so smart and philosophical. So kind and interesting. Intriguing.

By the way, fellow INFPs, you will love Northern Exposure. It's definitely a quirky, intelligent, interesting show and if you haven't watched it yet, I highly recommend buying or renting all the seasons and checking it out for yourselves. I promise you won't be disappointed!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts

Daria... :bored:
That picture is quite accurate to how I've always felt at school XD. I'd say I'm more of a mix of Daria and Jane though.

I've also often felt like Angela Chase and like a mix of Willow and Tara on Buffy. A bit like Liz Lemon XD and also a bit like Pam from the Office too.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I've never been able to find a decent comparison to myself anywhere. I swear it isn't the type 4 talking, either! :confused:

Northern Exposure is like my mom's favorite TV show... for that and the fact that other people tell me it's really good, I should probably watch it one of these days.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts