Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm too lazy to start an intro to the thread since I'm stuck in a mental mess including countless deadlines, sleepiness, and other problems, so plz excuse me. I will tell you that I've been familiar with MBTI for over a year or two. My typings of others are usually accurate, but I cannot type myself. I'm hoping my fellow scholars will be able to help. Here are my responses:

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I might be generalizing. I can be sometimes very assertive to people, including my friends and family, to see the result that I'd previously envisioned, so that brings me to conclusion of being a J. If things don't go smoothly as I'd envisioned or as I'd like, I get pretty disappointed. I'm thinking it's a J trait. However, I'm good at responding to unforseen consequences, whiich may explain the P-trait.

I'm also very balanced between S/N.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I want to be successful in my area(s) of interest, because I feel that if I'm not able to stay at the top 10% of everything I'm interested in then I feel incompetent and therefore lack of happiness. Happiness therefore may be the ultimate interest of my life.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
There's been a lot of times where I felt like I was at my finest, or maybe just a few times that were so. damn. fine, that I won't be able to distinguish just one out of the group. But recently, just sleeping with my new girlfriend and her letting my have some power over her gave me that fine feeling you asked about.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
When I'm not leading the conversations or being lead by.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
This is an excellent yet very broad and predictable question. I consider pretty much everything, but the last round of decisions mainly comes to how I feel about it.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
Great question(s). My emphasis is leading the team to a goal envisioned by me or the group. I like to lay out the blueprint of our project and work towards the goal. I primarily consider the resources and the people in the group -- I like having competent people in the group who'll get the job done while also adding valuable ideas to the project. For example, I shared with my small group of friends my plan to slowly build a game company by starting out with developing apps for Android. Me and my friend would be the programmers, while the 2 others are artist and writer. Whenever a friend suggests something, I can easily envision multiple possibilities that can happen and will decide whether it's a good idea or not. What I cannot envision is whether I'll lose interest in the project or not. If I do, I'll drop out. If I don't, then I'm not my usual self.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
Gotta be playing Wii late at night with my friends and drinking afterwards. I've made a lot of senseless jokes and everyone laughed including me. We drank shots of rum and vodka with pepsi and juice and it was a fantastic night, an amazing beginning to a terrible hangover.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
I'm more hands on, but I can handle theorizing.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
In the beginning, I am very organized. Such as in the beginning of a quarter at a college -- I would take the best notes and do the hw extremely early. Then after about 3 weeks or so, I fall behind to the point where I am about 3-5 days behind. It's a fucking mess sometimes. I always regret it every damn quarter.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I try to understand how it can be improved and used most efficiently for the given situation. I also look for flaws.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
The former, more likely. But neither, really. Harmony doesn't really exist in me.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I speak before thinking, always. I regret the time afterwards, but still laugh about it. I just like to have quick comebacks. And I prefer group discussions. One-on-one discussion is too awkward for my taste. It's boring.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I like to know where i'm jumping before leaping, but really, in all honestly, i don't care. I like taking risks and the thrills I get from it. And yes, action speaks 101% more than words.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
I host a party at my home.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
Grumpy and mean

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
Some (many, according to personal experience) people can be intolerable of other different personalities that break social rules. And I dislike that.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Not really. I like to talk about a lot of things, but one of the most common topics me and my friends talk about is gaming.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

Probably my homework and deadlines.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
My friends perceive me as a pathological liar (according to an ISFJ), a narcissist (according to the same ISFJ), fearless, cold-hearted, debatable, ADHD, charming, impulsive, remorseless (according to the same ISFJ). ISFJs are very judgmental. And very wrong, too.

My friends would NEVER call me selfless and kind-hearted.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Go out with my friends and my girlfriend to a variety of activities, including breakfast, then walking around the downtown and window shopping, then lunch, maybe eating some legitimate hamburgers, then going to an amusement park, then watching a horror film, then chilling at the beach watching the sunset with my girlfriend/friends and ending the night by going to a night club and getting drunk and arrested for public intoxication.

===

Thank you PerC. I would really appreciate it if you'd help type me.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Probably ENTP? (Extroverted, Ne and Fe)
Also, I think it is a good idea to compare yourself with some people of certain types. For ENTP, I guess Steve Jobs would be an interesting option.

·
Banned
2,187 Posts
My guess is on ESTP.

Reactions: Blazy

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
ESTP

Your enneagram type might be 8w7 or 3w2 So/Sx

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate the replies. If there's a piece of the puzzle that you feel I left out, go ahead and ask me what you need to know!

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Probably ENTP? (Extroverted, Ne and Fe)
Also, I think it is a good idea to compare yourself with some people of certain types. For ENTP, I guess Steve Jobs would be an interesting option.
I can relate to downey's portrayal of Tony Stark, and maybe Steve Jobs. He knows how to lure audience into his presentation backed up by his minimalistic powerpoint presentations

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Methinks ESTP. Your more assertive, straightforward, "J-like" style you describe is likely Se-dominance and the overall different interaction style that ESTPs have. ESTPs are more often the in-charge style than the get-things-going style of ENTPs, though some of what you says kind of sounds like chart-the-course, which would indicate INxJ or ISTx, except that you seem far more extraverted than that.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any other opinions? Still undecided between ENTP/ESTP. Both descriptions fit me so well.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
If you're still undecided, see if you use either Se or Ne.

"Go out with my friends and my girlfriend to a variety of activities, including breakfast, then walking around the downtown and window shopping, then lunch, maybe eating some legitimate hamburgers, then going to an amusement park, then watching a horror film, then chilling at the beach watching the sunset with my girlfriend/friends and ending the night by going to a night club and getting drunk and arrested for public intoxication."

This sounds very outgoing and action-oriented which makes me think dominant Se. Here's a description: Extraverted Sensing

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you're still undecided, see if you use either Se or Ne.

"Go out with my friends and my girlfriend to a variety of activities, including breakfast, then walking around the downtown and window shopping, then lunch, maybe eating some legitimate hamburgers, then going to an amusement park, then watching a horror film, then chilling at the beach watching the sunset with my girlfriend/friends and ending the night by going to a night club and getting drunk and arrested for public intoxication."

This sounds very outgoing and action-oriented which makes me think dominant Se. Here's a description: Extraverted Sensing
I relate to this one a LOT

Extraverted iNtuiting involves noticing hidden meanings and interpreting them, often entertaining a wealth of possible interpretations from just one idea or interpreting what someone's behavior really means.
Using this process we can really appreciate brainstorming and trust what emerges, enjoying imaginative play with scenarios and combining possibilities, using a kind of cross-contextual thinking.
Extraverted Sensing occurs when we become aware of what is in the physical world in rich detail.
Extraverted Sensing is operating when we freely follow exciting physical impulses or instincts as they come up and enjoy the thrill of action in the present moment.
As I quoted these articles, I played different scenarios as to how you, or other PerC members, or even my friends/family/aliens/Buzz Lightyear (lol random, I know) respond to this post or what's currently in my mind right now. ENTP seems like a better choice; an ENTP with two diverse eyes: an eye that sees possibilities, whose polar opposite sees what's here and now and takes action.

What do you think?

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I relate to this one a LOT

As I quoted these articles, I played different scenarios as to how you, or other PerC members, or even my friends/family/aliens/Buzz Lightyear (lol random, I know) respond to this post or what's currently in my mind right now. ENTP seems like a better choice; an ENTP with two diverse eyes: an eye that sees possibilities, whose polar opposite sees what's here and now and takes action.

What do you think?
I'm not sure. Please try this test and post your results. Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm not sure. Please try this test and post your results. Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes
Your Cognitive Development Profile
The forty-eight questions you rated earlier tap into the eight cognitive processes. Some questions tapped into basic or developed use of a process used by itself, while other questions tapped into use of multiple processes at once. The profile below is based on your responses. The number of squares indicate strength of response. The equivalent numeric is shown in parentheses along with likely level of development.

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************************************* (49.3)
excellent use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************* (19.7)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *********************************** (35.7)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) *********************** (23.5)
limited use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *************************** (27.7)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) *************************************** (39.2)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *********************** (23.5)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************** (20.8)
limited use
Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ESTP

Lead (Dominant) Process
Extraverted Sensing (Se): Immersing in the present context. Responding naturally to everything tangible you detect through your senses. Checking with what your gut instincts say. Testing limits and take risks for big rewards.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Introverted Thinking (Ti): Gaining leverage (influence) using a framework. Detaching to study a situation from different angles and fit it to a theory, framework or principle. Checking for accuracy. Using leverage to solve the problem.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ISTP, or ENTP

If these results are different from what you know of yourself, you might consider why your developmental pattern does not align with your expectation. You might also consider exploring this result as a possible better fit.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts