Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Summoning some of the coolest people I've met here to answer: @Dark Romantic , @BusinessMan , @possiBri , @n.yumikim , @bellisaurius

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I do get agitated and on occasion cry at parts in movies, but this is rare. So I am unsure if this means I am a feeler. I'm lazy and not academic but still typically analyze things. I want to learn new things but I have a fear of failure mixed with general laziness to initiate. I always ask for examples (I think), which leads me to believe I may be sensor.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

To figure myself out, because I'd like to know how I can best utilize what I have to get the best of of myself. Whatever I do in life I'd like to be good at it.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

Probably when I understand something fully, without any possibility of it being wrong. I like things to be 100% correct or else I find them hard to fully accept.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

Lack of intelligence, skill.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

I think about people more than I do theories or concepts, but I think this may be because I am lazy and do not seek knowledge very often. I tend to weigh depending on whether I feel like doing something or not - maybe pros and cons.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

I like to have control of the outcome of a project.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

I like theme parks, and usually enjoy them. I recall being disappointed when we ended up wasting a lot of time because my younger brother wouldn't go on any of the rides. So we ended up sitting on a bench staring straight ahead for like 2 hours. Still a fun experience.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

When I learn I typically like verbalizing the components of it until I understand how they connect with each other. Then I will typically write them out on paper for emphasis. Instead of verbalizing, I can also write them on paper. I also find it easier to think and learn when I walk around and contemplate the information.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

I can be organized, but things typically get messed up. Notes scattered about my table, icons on PC clutter if I don't take care to organize. Nothing is naturally organized and if it is, it doesn't stay that way for too long. So not organized.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I usually learn its components and see how it works. On the other hand, if I obsess about it, I like to find info to support it before I can accept it.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

Not really.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

Think before speaking. I prefer one on one I think.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

Possibly a little of both. Depends on the situation.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Tell him to wait 30 minutes and we can go.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

A sigh often and rub my head in agitation. In extreme stress I blank everything out.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

Some appear very shallow.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

Theories as to "why" for certain things. Usually not philosophy but more social things and random stuff.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

Learning new skills and academia. Although I do flit and read things I'm interested in.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

I don't have friends to tell me.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Getting out of the house for a while to be around people. Could be based on current isolated circumstances though.

Lastly I've typed as INFP/INTP/ENTP/ESTP/ENFP

Here is my cognitive function test results...

cogfuncts.jpg

Reactions: n.yumikim

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
Hmmm... while some of your answers were giving me an INTP vibe, I think ENTP is still very likely. Your cognitive function results also give me the impression you're more ENTP than INTP, but you definitely can't rely on tests alone. Have you read about the cognitive functions much? Which do you feel is your dominant function? It seems as though you're for sure an XNXP, leaning more towards ENXP. Something I've noticed for me (and others), having both Ne and Ni as your strongest functions definitely suggests you're an N that's a little more E/I balanced (in comparison, I've talked to ENTPs that had Ne and Se more developed, so the way their personality manifested suggested they had a strong E, with balanced N/S). Additionally, your first couple answers definitely seem to give the impression of an Enneagram 9 disintegrating to 6, so you might want to look into that.

Ultimately, it's up to you to decide, and I think that if you take a look at the different negative aspects of the types you've been "assigned" you might start to see which types would definitely fit for you, and which aren't as accurate as you may have once thought. It's easy to associate yourself with positive traits, so looking at the negatives should really help you get a better fit. I recommend reading the "Personal Growth" section of each of the types on this site, which I've linked to the ENTP page for that to start you off: ENTP Personal Growth

Reactions: cue5c

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
This may be a weird question to ask, but how's your life situation like right now? i.e. how are your moods and what do you think about the direction your life is currently going in, especially in regards to where you see yourself ending up?

That test is definitely not the best resource, especially if you're an INFP like you're thinking about. I'd definitely recommend @possiBri 's method of checking the inferior function, but keep in mind if you're a 6w7*, you're going to have aspects of inferior Si and either inferior Te or Fe, depending on if you're ENTP or ENFP, since 6w7s are naturally inclined to be ambiverted.

*if as in I saw you were a 6, but don't know your wing.

The next thing to do is to check the childhood traits and compare them to how you acted as a child, before you knew about MBTI. As much as I could see myself as an ENXP, the child description never quite sat well with me. There were aspects, sure, but the overall picture was definitely off. It's a good way to check yourself as it's easy to change yourself to fit a description at the current moment, but you can't change the past.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

To figure myself out, because I'd like to know how I can best utilize what I have to get the best of of myself.
This is a very Fi answer. As a fi dom, I'm constantly trying to find who I am and what my purpose is. What are my strengths, what do I believe in, and how do I feel about the situations I'm in? INFPs have a tendency to be confused about type as Fi is incredibly varied, combine that with auxiliary Ne, which for an INFP sees people-centric connections and you've got yourself a recipe for confusion when you apply it to yourself.

(Keep in mind I'm not saying you for sure are INFP, just that I see a lot of similarities between your situation and mine.)

Reactions: possiBri

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@cue5c @possiBri

I think I may be ambiverted, due to my isolation and shyness I seem introverted.

Let me ask you what is the fundamental difference between Fi thinking and Ti thinking? I can' figure it out. I've gone through the cognitive functions two or three times but theyre too ambiguous. Once again I'd prefer examples or a simpler explanation. It seems like I think but I don't know in which capacity. Studying logic proves difficult, but it interests me.

As shown in INFP weaknesses, I brood over issues under stress, to the point of obsession.

Tested 6w7.

As a child I had to warm to the group before I felt comfortable socializing. I was friends with all the guys in my class and didn't mind group interaction. I recall talking a lot on the phone to them as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts