Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, the question's in the thread title; which type is most likely to follow you around often, want to spend tons of time with you, etc.
I'm asking because my previous gf didn't like it that I would want to do most things together with her, she was an ESFJ, if I'm not mistaken, and I would love to have a partner that'd also want to spend as much time together as possible.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
My INTP friends want to spend a ton of time with me. Maybe find ya an INTP?

·
Plague Doctor
INTJ, 5w4, Ni-T type
6,039 Posts
I think it depends on the motivations. An INFP in love can be very attached. ENFPs tend to come at me pretty strong, but I wonder if my perception of their neediness just comes from my disinterest in giving them so much of my own energy? I do agree with the first person's assessment of ISTPs, though (but only because my sample has been so large - I've mostly dated ISTPs and one is an ex husband).

ISFJs in Maternal mode can be ridiculously clingy, but can you really blame a Mother for their evolutionary-based attachment to their children? I'd go as far as to say XSFJs have the potential to be the most unhealthy when it comes to "overbearing parent/partner", but I wouldn't say that they are, as a rule like that at all.

It's hard for me to put the label on an EXXX because I associate E types with having lots of fall-backs for social needs and so would be less likely to develop an unhealthy attachment as they'd have more people to fall back on.

One might say that I (INTJ} am clinging/too attached if they saw me at a certain time in my life with my partner, an INTP. My father died at a young age. My INTP and I had been together for at least 10 years, and I just became a wreck. For about 6-9 months, I basically couldn't do much without him - partly because of the grief, but also partly due to terrible luck at the time as well in other matters. I still don't know how I would have gotten on without him. But is that "unhealthy" or just a natural effect of being in a mutual love relationship with someone you share children, a home, a life with?

I guess I'll say INFPs and INFJs as the most attached with one caveat - INFPs lead with Fi so they're basically geniuses in emotion. They could also be the least attached in certain cases due to emotional smarts. Also, INFJs are very aware of what they will tolerate. If someone is unhealthy for the INFJ, they are probably more likely to break ties (I imagine) than not.

Reactions: faryrzh

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
It's hard for me to put the label on an EXXX because I associate E types with having lots of fall-backs for social needs and so would be less likely to develop an unhealthy attachment as they'd have more people to fall back on.
Ne types always see a next step, possibility in their relationships so an ENFP/ENTP can be unreasonably optimistic about a relationship that is not working. Coupled with the feeling function it is a cataclysm waiting to happen.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Ne types always see a next step, possibility in their relationships so an ENFP/ENTP can be unreasonably optimistic about a relationship that is not working. Coupled with the feeling function it is a cataclysm waiting to happen.
that's an interesting thought. Whenever somebody has attached themselves to me, it's actually always been an introvert. The really clingy ones that find you, because they've been shunned by the rest of the world, they're the most clingy and they're always introverts. in my experience, IXTX's

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that's an interesting thought. Whenever somebody has attached themselves to me, it's actually always been an introvert. The really clingy ones that find you, because they've been shunned by the rest of the world, they're the most clingy and they're always introverts. in my experience, IXTX's
Can confirm, I actually clinged to my ESFJ gf because I feel like if she hadn't come around, I'd have no one to open to and I'd just be sad, alone and misunderstood (which is basically the stereotype INFP from what I know...)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts