Personality Cafe banner

Which type best connects with and understand the ENTP

4K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  tanstaafl28 
#1 ·
Finding personalities that don’t misinterpret you and appreciate the hidden gem is no joke, I’d say INTJ, INFJ and surprisingly ENTJ

ENTJ types appreciate you from afar but it seems like both entp and entj want nothing to do with each other from my experience, they just admire certain traits and stop at that

Most of my ENTJ friends listen to what I have to say and act on it, appreciate my humor which others find to be too much but they don’t want to get involved or get too close

INTJ types I’ve known have been full of compliments and every now and then there’s this spark between us when we’re engaged in a mental spar or analysis where we both give each other “AHA” moments which are priceless

INFJ types are extremely protective despite them seeing you as a mess and rude because they sense this goodness in you and wish for you to recognize it and show it to people to tell them that they’re wrong about the way they look at you

See less See more
#6 ·
Theoretically ISFP or ISFJ.. depends which one is a real Sensory Ethical Introvert (SEI). This only works with Intuitive Logical Extroverts aka real ILE ENTPs.

In practice, it depends on the other person as well as the ENTP. I can get along with most ppl.

Reactions: RedBlaur
#8 · (Edited)
My anecdotal observations:

I find INFPS understand me the best — but they’re all terrible partners (for me, anyway). All of them.

Dated an ISFJ — he made me breakfast in bed and the sex was amazing — but my line of thinking often threatened his (religious) values, so that didn’t work out past six months.

My most recent partner was an ENFP woman — the Ne bond was excellent and honestly seductive, but ultimately she betrayed my trust, so I’m now weary of most ENFPs (that aux Fi is capable of evil) 🤷🏻

I’m actively on the lookout for an INTJ or INFJ partner though — have always heard they’re the best for our type (more so INFJ). Whenever I encounter INTJs, there’s almost always a debate of some kind instantaneously — I find it sexy.

As far as friendships, I work in the arts, so I encounter mostly Feeling types and seem to have a proclivity for ENFJs, ESFPs and INFPs — INTPs are hit or miss. I can’t stand the above it all/aloof menality many of them possess (esp when it comes to challenging authority — which many of them do not) 🤷🏻 Oh, and most “ENTJs” I meet are not actually ENTJs, so I can’t really give a fair analysis on that front. Anyone else notice this particular problem? Otherwise, I don’t tend to do well with “my way or the highway” types aka Te doms.

#9 ·
Besides ENTPs, social INTPs.

Edit: "social INTPs" I know that sounds like an oxymoron,but some do exist kinda.

I'm pretty sure I get ENTPs when I channel my animus, because I'm fairly certain my animus is an ENTP

#10 ·

“Understanding does not mean approving; the combination of approving but not understanding is always preferable to understanding but not approving. We know from other pets that service providers do not primarily need to understand the customer’s internal processes, but to satisfy their individual needs. Mysteriousness only increases the attraction.”

(1) In the Time period Tx
(2) Service Provider Px

(3) provided Services of type Sx
(4) for Customer Cx (who may also provide services for Px)

(5) with a customer satisfaction rating of x percent.

#11 ·

“Understanding does not mean approving; the combination of approving but not understanding is always preferable to understanding but not approving. We know from other pets that service providers do not primarily need to understand the customer’s internal processes, but to satisfy their individual needs. Mysteriousness only increases the attraction.”

(1) In the Time period Tx
(2) Service Provider Px

(3) provided Services of type Sx
(4) for Customer Cx (who may also provide services for Px)

(5) with a customer satisfaction rating of x percent.
I'm having some difficulty reconciling the skinny girl with the algorithm...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.