Votes: 3 20.0%
  • ISTP

Votes: 12 80.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been listening to "Wanted Dead or Alive" by Bon Jovi so I gotta ask which best matches the Cowboy archtype?

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Hm... Hollywood cowboy, maybe ISTP. Real-life, I'd confide that ESTP matches more. ESTPs fit that rowdy, upstart image to me more comfortably.

Haven't heard Bon Jovi in a while.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
ISTP. Depending what kind of cowboy really. The rebel 'doing it rough' kind of guy comes off as XSTP.

·
Banned
2,871 Posts
Lone Wolf - ISTP
Debonair Charm/with a Clique = ESTP

In that Bon Jovi song, I'd say ISTP because he sounds rather elusive and solitary.
nuff said.

Thinking and imagining an entire life as a cowboy - INTJ

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ ♂
17,836 Posts
Oh please, as if there's a type for this. meh.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Oh please, as if there's a type for this. meh.
Oh, come on. This is just for fun. Nothing serious. This sub-forum can be subjected to a little fun and games. :p

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I haven't tried it 'til now, but picturing ISTPs and ESTPs I know as "cowboys" may be interesting. I know more ISTPs than ESTPs. The ISTPs I know have an artistic broodiness that I feel movie pictures eat up. But how often do we see real-life cowpokes?

I would picture them as rabble rousers. ISTPs tend to be composed and formulaic. I smirk thinking of my ISTP friends as cowboys, 'cuz it seems like a lot of work just to make a point (whatever a cowboy's point would be...). I picture them all going: "Screw this. I'm gonna go be good at something that makes more sense to me."

Now, ESTPs might revel in the "glory" whenever they had instilled irritation and excitement in others. Very "catch me if you can!!"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts