Personality Cafe banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
- I think of adventurous things. I want there to be certain things that exist in this world that don't. Particularly something I have exclusive access to.
- I feel good when I understand how a machine of some sort works.
- Not quite a puzzle solver, unless it's not too challenging for me. I want the solution/outcome.
- Sensitive. I do not like displeased people. Sometimes I might mistakingly say something I had no idea would offend a person.
- If I am punished, I feel like I am no good and I can't be expressive anymore. Life has nothing for me to look forward to until the angry person is settled with me again.
- I want to try to do things that are different than what the majority does.
- I think of doing risky activities. In reality, I'm kind of a coward when it comes to doing dangerous things I fear I could easily get hurt in if I mess up. Not to mention, I don't have the best coordination.
- If anyone in my schools can say anything positive about me, they'd say I'm very creative and funny.
- Other things people see me as are weird, annoying, obsessed (with different types of vehicles), detached, professional.
- I hate it when people tease me, unless I understand exactly where they are coming from.
- I prefer things be predictable. I don't like it when things upset what I am used to knowing/doing.
- I think of things theoretically occurring in reality.
- I interpret people literally.
- Not much of a doer or an outdoor person. I don't care about traveling either. Sightseeing = BOOORING, meaningless. Life is boring without certain objects.
- I always think about what I can do to best make this world more interesting to live in all while helping improve the way the world is run at the same time. Every day!
- I don't met up with friends very much, unless there's something important to me . I'm a lone wolf guy. When I do met people I know or can relate to, especially by certain topics, I can get very vocal and outgoing.

One thing to note is that I have had a bad case of ADD since childbirth. It might explain why I used to have more impulsive behavior and made callouts in the middle of class. I think it is clear, though that I prefer introversion.

I appreciate you all who chose to look over this.

·
Registered
479 Posts

·
Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a pretty good profile for the most part. In reality I come by as a kind person. The world I live in, though might not be, I'd say I live in a world that is exciting and has promising thrills.

It says that ISFJs respect laws and traditions, I don't think of myself as following the rules all the time, though I probably have much more respect for the law than many other people I know. I find it funny that so many people violate the rules to do stupid things like get drunk. Often though I think about assaulting certain people who have been assholes to me. It's difficult to think the best of people when they do things to upset you. I think about doing stuff that is not completely within the law. Mostly trespassing to explore or go beyond the grounds I'm used to (trespassing literally means to go beyond, what an exciting prospect!). Having the rules in anything being spelled out though is useful to my own understanding.

I also disagree with the belief that if something works, it shouldn't have to be fixed. I remember this one time as a kid, I talked to my parents about hover cars and what would be an efficient way to get them off the ground and so on. Then my sister butted in and said "Cars have wheels and they work fine! We will always have them on the road!" What a killjoy that was.

I suppose I am aware of other people's feelings even though making sure everyone is at home is not what I am most interested in. I'm not a gift-giver. I don't look at the needs of others unless there are consequences for not seeing them. I like to impress sometimes, but I'm not the caretaker type where I partake in some community to commit service to others. However, if I do get a gift, I want to to be one that a person can relate to that I find relevant. I never thought so much about giving until recently. Only getting

With those aside however, I think the part where ISFJs have a rich inner world, taking in information about things important to them and that store of information I can strongly relate to. That ISFJs have a clear idea for the way things SHOULD be I really like too. Also, the need for positive feedback is a biggy.

I guess the only thing I might question is my dependability and duties (depending on how you define duty). I've been known to shirk certain ones according to my parents and by others in the classroom. :unsure:

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
It seems to me that feelers in general have more holistic and more idealistic views, sensor or not. I suppose some of them respond or refer to reality more compatibly than others.

I get quite an SJ vibe from you. That creative persona you portray and the desire to see the world as more exciting I think might be a feeler thing in action.

I'd say you are another cool ISFJ like me :)

ISFJs can be good gift givers, but I think they have the name, Nurturers because they literally nurture or protect ideas and things outside of their own ego.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
ISTP

P-types commonly suffer from ADD-like symptoms of being unable to continuously pay attention to one thing, one topics, one project but instead may flip through several
Ti - interpreting people literally, saying something you don't know will offend others, "I talked to my parents about hover cars and what would be an efficient way to get them off the ground and so on"
I - " I'm a lone wolf guy. When I do met people I know or can relate to, especially by certain topics, I can get very vocal and outgoing."
S - "Life is boring without certain objects."

·
Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies.

I was thinking ISTP maybe. I must emphasize though that though my mind wanders, I think about the same recurring themes. Also, my mechanical aptitude sucks. I get lost easily when I actually so manage to tinker with something. Maybe that's lack of experience...

I'm sensitive too. I often feel I am to blame for certain things such as being interested in another women... ISTPs seem like they can just go at it.

I might say life is boring without certain objects, but I like what I think about nonetheless... and I do have this value toward manmade things...

I naturally hold myself back.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
If you are stuck between the two have a look at the cognitive functions at: Introverted Sensing
ISTPs prefer using Ti-Se-Ni-Fe.
ISFJs prefer using Si-Fe-Ti-Ne.

Differences between the two (I may be generalising here) include:

-ISFJs use the 'people-pleasing/connecting with people' Fe function far more than ISTPs.

-ISFJs would use Ne to think up new ideas of 'what could be' while ISTPs use Se to see 'what is' and Ni to see the different meanings of those things.

-ISFJs prefer more predictability since they use Si which relies on past data while ISTPs with Se like to react to new data received in the here and now.

-'Interpreting people literally' is more a Sensor thing since intuition is needed to guess hidden meanings. ISFJs use Ne last so they often interpret things more literally than ISTPs do.

-ISTPs can just 'go at it' because they use their intuition to look at possiblities more. Worst case scenario is that they can always decide that the other person is a jerk. But that decision could be at odds with the ISFJ's Fe that wants to connect with people.

edited to add: I think the laws Fe-using people follow are different to the ones that Te-using people follow. Fe laws are more about the ethical way to treat people while Te laws are more about the logical way to treat things.

Reactions: vel

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
For ISFJs the feeling function Fe is secondary thus they experience a significant pull to right what they see is wrong behavior of people towards each other and become upset if somebody is reprimanded, punished, or put down unjustly. Fe is a judging function that judges people on such scales as reciprocity, group loyalty, contribution to group harmony. For ISTPs the secondary function is Se which is a perceiving, not a judging function. Se places value on picking up what is present immediately in the physical world surrounding you. Gives INTPs a slant for impulsively doing things and they also tend to learn best by hands-on experimentation.

Also I would recommend reading through this article here: link
Only by understanding how functions work and deciding which ones you use can you determine your type for sure.

·
Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Darn. Reading about all those functions just confuses me more. I feel like the best way to figure type out is to hear opinions from other people based on observations on my mannerisms and also what I attempt to talk about.

It's hard you know? I feel like by saying I'm ISFJ, I'm limiting myself to what I strive for. I'm not a people person, but that could of been due to my past experiences with people. It's not that I'm afraid of people. I am a bit shy, but that doesn't make me avoid them. It's just that I have no reasons for myself to interact with them. People judge everything you do when they see you do stuff and I don't like putting up with it unless I'm doing something specifically to get attention like in a performance or presentation.

Today, I got angry at myself later for refusing a tour of a facility. It wouldn't have hurt to see it and I'm sure the man I talked to didn't want to deal with me further after helping me out on a schedule. I should have accepted so that he could do part of his job... I even threw my water bottle into a tree outside after I left.

IXSJs seem to be those kinds of people who take up positions behind the scenes and all. Fulfilling whatever duties they are asked to do or responding to the needs of others. That's not where my destiny lies. I want to make stuff, practical in the real world or not. Because it will help to assist the ascension of who I am. I dream of composing, creating, even inventing with the hopes in my head that the end results of them all will be just the way I imagined them to be for the most part. Of course, I'm looking far ahead; in a few years what I would be doing. I think about doing certain things, but never actually get to them though. My mother tells me this all the time. For example, I said I wanted to try setting up a tarp tent outside and try camping out there for my own reasons. My mother then said "Start with a normal tent, first."

In reality, open ended work is very difficult. Lately I've been questioning my ability to self-employ or do projects on my own. I get lost easily in class and have difficulty sequencing things for myself :(

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Why do you want to make these original ideas?

I think you are definitely a feeler of some kind. Very analytical, but a feeler nonetheless. The P and J are hard to determine because you say that you don't like people judging you for the things that you do and you want to do the things that you want to make yourself unique. That's a P trait. However, Ps are into the process of getting to a solution and you indicate that you want an end result. Something just like your vision. That kind of inflexibility is a J trait.

Sometimes, though, I want to get away from my parents because they are (especially my dad) control freaks. I've begun to realize that there are more options as a way of completing tasks whereas my parents always taught me that there is only one right way to do something for the most part. They were very good parents at preparing me for the real world, but then I failed to recognize other alternatives.

·
Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
These machines, contraptions, places, compositions I want to make them because I think they will get other people's attention and they would be more likely to appreciate me for who I am. I want to do unique stuff ultimately and live an interesting lifestyle. It's not that I can't do mundane tasks. Sure I can do them. Cleaning up the insides of my car, room are satisfying because I accomplish something, but doing that nitty gritty work is not in tune with my ego's interests. I operate better in structured environments. I can't really imagine waking up in the morning usually not knowing what to expect from my job. However, a desk job will not do for me. I could have a desk at work, just not be there all the time. I may not be a thrillseeker, but I have prospects of a job that thrills me.

I'm not really a doing person even though I think about doing all the time. Maybe doing would help me develop? It's hard though because the expectations I have do not meet my actual skills' ability or confidence in doing.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I want to say that you are an ISFP, however ISFPs seem to be more in the moment and tend to live and let live. Not only that, but their values tend to be more, shall we say... liberal. It sounds like everything you do (or want to do), you want to do for a reason, not to live more simply which I think an ISFP would espouse. You want a distinct life where you get satisfaction out of finding out that your plans work. This is very much a judging trait. There is nothing wrong with judgers valuing their own uniqueness. Perhaps out of finding social connections unnecessary, this fed your drive to do things differently.

Also, you mentioned having ADD. Do you hate the symptoms?

If so, then I would urge you to consider ISFJ.

·
Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Gosh I hate ADD symptoms. I used to punch myself for losing focus and missing and forgetting things.

I think there is a reason for my fascination behind machines that is not tinkering with them for exploration's sake. More, what are their abilities that will allow me to do X and Y?

I'm pretty content with the ISFJ profile. After all, the personality contains Ti.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Have you looked at INTJ and INTP?

·
Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have considered INTP. The thing is though I tend to take things more at face value and it seems like an INTP is more likely to doubt whatever new information comes by so that it can be analyzed. I have a friend who is like that. He always takes a step back on stuff to analyze it from another possible direction and so on.

I take my interests very seriously, but they are more to define my persona and excite me than with problem solving and technical fluency. Plus, I don't accept criticism too well.

As for INTJ, Ni and Te (Te especially) I do not use. Te, if anything was a processing function I had to learn to appreciate.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I think you are an ISFJ. The only reason I would say that you not one is because you seem to be more creative and imaginative in your own desires. Perhaps this your Fe telling you to connect with others by having a persona that stands out from a group?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts