Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As an ENFP, the classic response might be INTJ or INFJ, but even then I'm curious on why us ENFPs get along with certain types :3

Registered
ENFP 2w3 sp/so
It seems that most of my friends are introverts and intuitives. This also includes people I've met online, we just naturally click somehow. I'd say INTJ, INFJ, INFP and INTP. Oh and one of my bestie's is an ISFP and she's such a sweetheart!

Registered
Other Np users are most effortless to be around with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: strawberryLola

Registered
Honestly.... other ENFPs are who I can trust the most. You can also usually trust ESFP friends. When I say trust, I mean someone who genuinely cares about your emotions, who has put themselves into your place and will help you if they can. I love talking to INFJs so much, but my experiences have sometimes been that they break my heart. I guess for something as precious as an intense life-long friend, not all of those friendships are going to work out and I need to learn to be okay with that.. INTJ works well and they are usually super solid for me in my life. My husband is INFP and that works very well. Luckily I am usually married to my favorite person (unless he's being a pill) lol.

Reactions: Moby and ai.tran.75

Registered
I seem to get along with INFJs but they don't seem to get along with me for more than a week, soooo... 馃槀
This is my experience as well, despite us being different types. I really find INFJs complimentary but eventually I've been doorslammed by every single one I've got to know. It doesn't hurt as much anymore the ones you just meet for a few days and expect it but I've been doorslammed by a couple I've known for years. As much as they might protest, I really do believe I didn't deserve it (or know why I was doorslammed in the first place).

Registered
Yeah same, I've never known why I was doorslammed because everything seemed fine between us. We seemed to get along really well. The few INFJs I've met told me that they had many friends but couldn't keep them for more than a year which, to me, is a huge red flag. All my life, I've only had two friends and we're friends since childhood, so I highly doubt people who have many "friends" and can't keep them. Most INFJs probably aren't like that but I wonder whether that's something common for their type?

Registered
Well, i gotta say ENFP鈥檚 obviously.
But honestly, it鈥檚 all the NF鈥檚!
There鈥檚 just something about you guys - a 鈥榤oth-to-the-flame type thing.

If I had to rate them;
# 1 INFJ
# 2 ENFP
# 3 ENFJ
# 4 INFP

The INFJ is a true emotional link.
The ENFP is the fun times BFF.
The ENFJ is the practical caring companion.
The INFP gives me different perspectives.

Guess my type? :unsure:

Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
If I look at previous friends. ISFJs. For someone reason I adore ISFJs. I'm like a magnet to them.

Though I can get along with any type if it's the right circumstance. ESTPs seem to be my kryptonite but one day I will charm the pants off of one ESTP. MU HAHAHAHA.

Online on this site, I tend to like other ENFPs (one ex-ENFP known as an ESTJ now). INFJ proactively pushes my buttons here ( I haven't decided if that's good or bad). I wouldn't say I'm drawn to all INFJs and all INTJs but I do get along with them. At least they don't scare me. It's just that the ENFP section feels like a safety area I can retreat back to. I do adore some INFPs. So both ENFP and INFP feel like snuggly buddies away from the big bad world.

This is my experience as well, despite us being different types. I really find INFJs complimentary but eventually I've been doorslammed by every single one I've got to know. It doesn't hurt as much anymore the ones you just meet for a few days and expect it but I've been doorslammed by a couple I've known for years. As much as they might protest, I really do believe I didn't deserve it (or know why I was doorslammed in the first place).
Yeah it's either the door slam or ghosting but hey I at least got through one INFJs shields and he loves his sister in law (now). It took him forever to love me and welcome me into the family.

Premium Member
Male INFJ 5w4 (Sx/Sp)
Yeah same, I've never known why I was doorslammed because everything seemed fine between us. We seemed to get along really well. The few INFJs I've met told me that they had many friends but couldn't keep them for more than a year which, to me, is a huge red flag. All my life, I've only had two friends and we're friends since childhood, so I highly doubt people who have many "friends" and can't keep them. Most INFJs probably aren't like that but I wonder whether that's something common for their type?
As an INFJ, I think INFJs are known for doorslamming people, and it is definitlely a communication error on our part. Typically, I see it as a sign of immature behaviour. The INFJ in question probably did not know how to properly express their feelings. I know I sure didn't when I slammed the door on my old friends. In my case at least, while I felt it was justified, I could have always communicated my needs better. I always get annoyed at the countless Youtube videos online that try and justify the "door slam". To me, it should only be used as a last resort, when you have tried communicating your feelings and failed. Unfortunately, at least from the comments I see on those videos, many INFJs don't seem to agree with me on that point.

Ultimately, I think what happened between you and past INFJs happened for the best; bad behaviour is bad behaviour, and I wouldn't want you to be stuck with an insecure INFJ. They are the among the worst to be around. You would probably find them to be continuosly questioning your loyalty, and disrespecting your personal privacy. Thankfully, I never got that far down the rabbit hole, but I've heard horror stories of that occuring from across the web.

Registered
As an INFJ, I think INFJs are known for doorslamming people, and it is definitlely a communication error on our part. Typically, I see it as a sign of immature behaviour. The INFJ in question probably did not know how to properly express their feelings. I know I sure didn't when I slammed the door on my old friends. In my case at least, while I felt it was justified, I could have always communicated my needs better. I always get annoyed at the countless Youtube videos online that try and justify the "door slam". To me, it should only be used as a last resort, when you have tried communicating your feelings and failed. Unfortunately, at least from the comments I see on those videos, many INFJs don't seem to agree with me on that point.

Ultimately, I think what happened between you and past INFJs happened for the best; bad behaviour is bad behaviour, and I wouldn't want you to be stuck with an insecure INFJ. They are the among the worst to be around. You would probably find them to be continuosly questioning your loyalty, and disrespecting your personal privacy. Thankfully, I never got that far down the rabbit hole, but I've heard horror stories of that occuring from across the web.
Thanks for your answer. Yeah I just don't understand the door slam. I mean, it can be justified when someone is a dick to you, but sometimes it just feels a bit childish...? INFJs have doorslammed me a few times, ones I could not understand why and others I knew I had messed up but they were unintentional awkward mistakes. I've had the same experience as you, I've read a few articles about INFJs door slam and they all made me feel like I'm a monster and like INFJs are always right to do that. When someone is toxic to you, it's justified. When you cut off someone from your life because they have made a single mistake, I find it immature.

Premium Member
Male INFJ 5w4 (Sx/Sp)
Thanks for your answer. Yeah I just don't understand the door slam. I mean, it can be justified when someone is a dick to you, but sometimes it just feels a bit childish...? INFJs have doorslammed me a few times, ones I could not understand why and others I knew I had messed up but they were unintentional awkward mistakes. I've had the same experience as you, I've read a few articles about INFJs door slam and they all made me feel like I'm a monster and like INFJs are always right to do that. When someone is toxic to you, it's justified. When you cut off someone from your life because they have made a single mistake, I find it immature.
I think good communication is a great thing for any relationship (I may be a hypocrite, because I suck at it too). Both people being healthy, secure, and confident are big factors as well.

In situations where you know you messed up, try and apologize to the INFJ; I know it would go a long way for me. But if you don't know what the problem is, it is sort of up to the INFJ to communicate what the problem actually is. It's not fair to both parties when a relationship suddenly up and ends because of an honest mistake. People aren't perfect, and I'd wish INFJs (myself included) would stop putting expectations on people, and expect them to pick up on the smallest details like we can. It's not fair, as everyone is wired differently.

That aside, I think ENFPs are great people to be around. Their enthusiasm is infectious. I know in my experience, I'm always thinking of the person I want to be in the future, but you guys are often the only ones who take the few seconds to listen to me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts