Personality Cafe banner

Which types has the best taste in music?

• ISTP

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • ISFP

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • ISTJ

• ISFJ

• INTP

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • INFP

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • INTJ

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • INFJ

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • ESTP

• ESFP

• ESTJ

• ESFJ

• ENTP

• ENFP

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • ENTJ

• ENFJ

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which type has the best taste in music and why?

I think INTP. Why?

Ne - Gives them the ability to find all the music - all the possibilities!
Si - They remember it and it is what they do for fun as break time from the rest of the functions.
Fi - They need a way to satisfy this function even if they are not conscious of it and don't make decisions on it directly from this angle. Their music seems to be directly related to their personal values and emotions. It is a safe outlet for emotions.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I'd go with INTP or ISTP only for the Ti as I think Ti would make for special interest in the complexity of the music which is what I'm drawn to myself, most of the time.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have the best taste in music
I am an INFP
Therefore INFPs hate the best taste in music.
(To all the T's out there, I know that's not sound logic. I still voted for INFPs, though)

Reactions: Unicorntopia

·
Banned
3,653 Posts
I'd go with INTP or ISTP only for the Ti as I think Ti would make for special interest in the complexity of the music which is what I'm drawn to myself, most of the time.
This is exactly what I think. Ti can actually analyze music objectively, rather than resorting to complete subjectivity. Both types seem to inherently enjoy music and both types seem to be very particular and picky about what music they consider 'good' and what music they consider 'bad.' For instance, I'm very particular about what music I consider 'well-written' and those which I do not. Often times, I find myself agreeing a) with people inducted into the songwriting hall of fame and b) what people often consider quality music on collective lists (taken from large numbers of people). I seem to have an ear for well-written, beautifully constructed music that makes sense and seems logical.

Hell - sometimes I feel like a damn music critic, and I did want to major in music when I first attended college. For now, I'm planning on learning music in my free time while focusing on psychology and philosophy. So music is definitely a great passion of mine and I enjoy critiquing different pieces.

Although, I am curious as to what kind of tastes and appreciation other types might have toward music (especially ISFP's and ENTP's).

·
Registered
Check Signature. 100 characters is just awful.
6,122 Posts
I am an INTJ. I like my sort of music e.g. RnB, Hip Hop, Classical, Techno, Electronic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts