Votes: 14 23.0%
  • ESTJ

Votes: 47 77.0%

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
ISTJs aren't intimidating. They're usually quite mannered and unassuming, from my experience.

Though I did have an ISTJ teacher that made the girl beside me shake with nervousness. But, I'm not sure if that was me or the teacher because the girl never spoke to me. Who knows? I know I was kind of intimidated by her when I didn't have my homework done.

·
Banned
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ISTJs aren't intimidating. They're usually quite mannered and unassuming, from my experience.

Though I did have an ISTJ teacher that made the girl beside me shake with nervousness. But, I'm not sure if that was me or the teacher because the girl never spoke to me. Who knows? I know I was kind of intimidated by her when I didn't have my homework done.

Well, neither are probably intimidating to you- you are an ENTJ, the most intimidating of them all! :laughing:

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
Both can be very intimidating, for different reasons and in different settings. The ISTJ's quiet control can be quite unsettling to a personality type that needs more feedback. The ESTJ can cause general mayhem with their caustic comments and tendency to bark orders.

In a battle of will between the two types, the ISTJ will win--not because he is a stronger type, but because he will not go to battle unless right is on his side.

·
Banned
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Both can be very intimidating, for different reasons and in different settings. The ISTJ's quiet control can be quite unsettling to a personality type that needs more feedback. The ESTJ can cause general mayhem with their caustic comments and tendency to bark orders.

In a battle of will between the two types, the ISTJ will win--not because he is a stronger type, but because he will not go to battle unless right is on his side.

I also wonder if ESTJs are more approachable, being an extrovert and all. They might generally deal better with people for that.

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
I also wonder if ESTJs are more approachable, being an extrovert and all. They might generally deal better with people for that.
In my experience, ESTJs can be quite unapproachable if they are in the drill sergeant mode. However, they can be some of the most gracious of hosts. So it just depends on the person and their mood.

Reactions: Wake

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
ESTJ because of their extroverted nature is more likely to be outspoken about any problem they have of you. If that point makes them unapproachable though... I could imagine that trait seeming overbearing and unapproachable for that reason.

It just depends on how much of a snob the person's vibe is to others. From my experience on these boards ISTJ's though opinionated don't think they're too much better than most, but feel they're different. Also from my experience on these boards, ESTJ's have seemed probably just as opinionated, but willing to argue with you till proven right.

Its really about the individual as we all have our own experiences, but I would be willing to say ESTJ's tend to be more unapproachable.

·
Registered
112 Posts
ESTJ's are the ones I always somehow manage to piss off and thus, nearly have my head bitten off. ISTJ's are less in-your-face, and at least they let me know quite plainly that they don't like me without making a huge scene.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Both are pretty intimidating. My dad is an Estj , but he's friendly to strangers ( when he's not at work , people at his work place are terrified of him ). On the other hand, i find my istj uncle to be very cold and VERY standoffish except to his kids. I'm normally intimidated by very quiet and cold people.

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
@niss

I'll fight you.

Reactions: niss

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Neither.

My father was an ISTJ and I was intimidated by him. Not because of this type though, just him in particular. I know a few other ISTJs and they are not intimidating, but they definitely try to intimidate others (especially one guy who is in the military). I know a few ESTJs and they're generally more amicable.

Reactions: Seamaid

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
Reactions: jamaix and niss

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
Which type is more intimidating:

*ENFP
*INFP
ENFPs are more surprising in that they'll have a few topics/values they'll fight tooth and nail over. Oftentimes, it's not even the kinds of topics you'd expect someone to care about.

There's more contrast when they get riled up than there is with INFPs. At least from what I've seen.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts