Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Simple question really.

Which type is most likely to have fear as a blind spot?

I'm asking in the context of how 9's have anger as a blind spot. My hunch would be CP6, but it seems like they're more aware of what they're afraid of and attacking it in response. Therefore, I'm curious if maybe this would be more of an 8 thing, where they deny their weakness and fear is weakness. But there are also other types I could see doing this. 2's are kinda fearless, especially when helping others. 4's are kinda fearless in their individualism. 1's are definitely fearless when they think they're right. Seems like fear could be a blind spot for all of them, but which is it a genuine issue the most for?

·
Registered
473 Posts
I believe it's 8. 8s have an inability to estimate threat levels because they think they're always "bigger" than the challenge. This makes it difficult for them to feel fear. (Of course, 8s are more defined by being out of touch with tender feelings, so if you wanted to assign one emotion each type is out of touch with then, meh.)

CP 6 don't seem to have fear as their blind spot. They identify something as a threat and bravely face it. They seem to understand that's what they're doing, so they are aware of and able to experience their own fear.

7 also stands out to me as a possibility, as they run toward the new and untested in a certain way. One way to look at it is that positive outlook types have their triad's characteristic emotion as their blind spot, because they reframe things that threaten their worldview and lose consciousness of them. So 9 with anger, 7s with fear, and 2s with shame, perhaps. Reactive types would embrace and almost promote their characteristic emotion (8/anger, 6/fear and 4/shame), while competency types work hard to construct systems/methods/lifestyles that allow them to avoid the emotions.

·
Banned
2,381 Posts
Ya fear is a blind spot for 8s, that is part of their defense mechanism, they deny that most things are a threat instinctively because they refuse to be seen as weaker than anything in their environment. To be afraid is to stutter and on the battlefield one stutter could be the end of you. When you view your life as a battlefield...

From a personal experience though and from knowing 8s in my lifetime there is a moment of fear when someone you care for is in danger and that very quickly evolves into fury, almost instantaneously

CP 6 have a very similar defense mechanism but instead of being blind to their fear I believe they reframe their fear as pointed anger. Can be reckless but I think if they face opposition for long enough they start looping in their heads between fear and anger

·
Registered
324 Posts
I would say 8s too. 5/6/7s all can't because fear is the central theme for them all. They are always conscious of it in someway and its influence in them. 8s, instead oft CP 6s, don't walk towards fear, they deny its existence. Out of fear but they could never admit that :crazy:

·
Banned
2,381 Posts
I would say 8s too. 5/6/7s all can't because fear is the central theme for them all. They are always conscious of it in someway and its influence in them. 8s, instead oft CP 6s, don't walk towards fear, they deny its existence. Out of fear but they could never admit that :crazy:
Idk what ur talking about

·
Registered
324 Posts
Idk what ur talking about
Maaaybe some of the people I typed 8s are actually 6s lol.
But I dunno, what would you say is your purpose in using the defense mechanism of denial?

Edit: wait, i just saw your next post said EXACTLY what I meant. I guess u were joking & im dumb *thinking emoji*

·
Registered
773 Posts
The obvious answer is 8 but it's not exclusive to type 8.

A type 3 can be so blind to their emotions, including fear. A Sexual 3 can be aggressive and fearless as well. In fact, IME, Sexual and Social 3s are even more openly aggressive and fearless than Sp 8s.

A Sexual 1 is aggressive and angry, a Sexual 6, etc. These types can deny fear and weakness similar to a type 8. A CP 6 can be aware of their anger and unaware of their fear, hence the common 6/8 mistype.

Individualism isn't exclusive to type 4. Contrary to descriptions, type 9 is individualistic as well, type 2, etc. These are behavioral traits.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts