709 Posts
Not me

Reactions: Marvin the Dendroid

·
Registered
ISTP 5w4 sx/sp 583
1,375 Posts
That ESTP female has nice tiddies, no lie

Anyway, it's really subjective or individual for a type to be your best friend. An INFJ might be rude toward you; an ENTP might be loyal for you until the very end. True friendship can happen regardless of types, and it's common for different types to be best friends despite incompatibility(-ies) expounded in the MBTI community. I'd say this: people sharing an axis or two can get along easily (e.g TPs and FJs on Fe-Ti) while not guaranteeing a higher chance of friendship considering that friendship is much more complex than that.

·
Banned
2,375 Posts
That ESTP female has nice tiddies, no lie

Anyway, it's really subjective or individual for a type to be your best friend. An INFJ might be rude toward you; an ENTP might be loyal for you until the very end. True friendship can happen regardless of types, and it's common for different types to be best friends despite incompatibility(-ies) expounded in the MBTI community. I'd say this: people sharing an axis or two can get along (e.g TPs and FJs on Fe-Ti) while not guaranteeing a higher chance of friendship considering that friendship is much complex than that.
get em tiger

·
Registered
ESTP 7w8 so/sx
893 Posts
As in friend that is actually dependable:

100%: ENFJ, ESFJ, ESTJ, INTJ, ISFJ, ISTJ
50/50: ENTJ, ESFP, ESTP, INFJ, INFP, INTP, ISTP
Not: ENFP, ENTP, ISFP

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
A friend in need's a friend indeed,
A friend with weed is better,
A friend with breast and all the rest,
A friend who's dressed in leather.

The band Placebo has the solution, now we just need to figure out what type fits!

Reactions: AnneM and Aridela

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
Yeah actually I've had two notable ESTP friendships, and one good work friendship, and they have all been great. Really laid back in general and really fun when we were together. All smart and hilarious people.

Anyway I didn't notice this was the MBTI forum so please forgive the apparent self-type-stroking but I was just going to say that I feel like my INFP 9w1 sp/sx friend is like the perfect friend, at least for me. She's independent, laid-back, and engaging. She likes to be adventuresome here and there but also has a good appreciation for time being as lazy as possible. She's also down-to-earth and responsible enough, but not too responsible. She has some deep personal interests (mostly language/culture) that she dedicates time and energy to and it's neat to engage about those with her, especially since she always has interesting updates in them when we get together. We have the kind of friendship where we won't see each other for 9 months and we'll message back and forth maybe twice and then we'll spend four days straight together. I take it she feels good about it too since we've been friends for such a long time.

That all said I definitely haven't had that ease of friendship with every INFP I've met so I don't think it's a type thing. The other two types that I've really had great friendships with are ISFP and ISTP... ISxPs just seem really easy for me to get along with in general. I really like the combination of independent, low-pressure, knowledgeable, and open-to-experience in friends and partners alike.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Most: INFP - INFJ - ENFJ - ENFP - ISFJ
Normal: ENTP - INTP - INTJ - ESFJ
Least: ISFP - ESFP - ESTP - ISTP - ISTJ - ESTJ - ENTJ

·
Plague Doctor
5,927 Posts
I don't think that type should indicate the quality of friendship - or any relationship - one can have with another person. I have my own personal preferences (some of which are biased), but my own preferences shouldn't really matter.

Anyway, for this INTJ, I prefer INTX and IXFP. Or, I'm an Ni type who prefers Ni, Ti, and Fi types as friends.

·
Registered
ISTJ
1,547 Posts
I agree with everybody else that there isn’t a concrete “rule” for relationships and types. From my own personal experience, I always get attracted to Fe types but then we end up breaking up as friends. It doesn’t work but my experience doesn’t include a whole lot of people, so this isn’t strong evidence whatsoever. I’m very SiFi, so that causes a huge clash with people who will adapt to the environment and harmony rather than my own belief it’s ride or die loyalty and to prioritized our loved ones every time. That’s one of the biggest differences I’ve had with INFJ, ESFJ and ISFJ (although I’m still BFF with ISFJ and she’s amazing/loyal). I get a long well with T types in a casual setting, because there isn’t a sense of pressure to harmonize anything or anyone, I feel more at home. My closest inner circle includes xSTP. I tend to like and agree with how a lot of INFPs express themselves, they are inspiring, but I don’t actually know any typed INFPs in real life.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It depends...

I love surrounding myself with adult ENTPs. We crank out ideas together and never allow for a dull moment while we're chipping away at projects.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think different people have different needs and expectations when making friends and sometimes one person may go to different friends to fulfill different wants/needs. I may go to my INFP friend to talk about deeper stuff like our worldviews and life, seek out another ESFP friend to talk about people and relationships, and maybe an ENTJ ex-colleague when I want someone to give me no-holds-barred opinion on something. They are all equally valuable but for different reasons.

That said, certain types may be more likely to enjoy the company of others who share the same functions as them (e.g.: intuitive types generally preferring the company of intuitive types because we can discuss theories and ideas together). But this not to say that any one type is better as a friend as another.

·
Code Cracked
7,666 Posts
Only relatable video you have posted. I relate to her. Not LuLu or whatever her name is. However, both of them seem nice.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts