Personality Cafe banner

Which type(s) are INFPs most attracted to?

• INFP

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • ENFP

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • INTP

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • ENTP

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • INFJ

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • ENFJ

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • INTJ

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • ENTJ

• ISFP

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • ESFP

• ISTP

• ESTP

• ISFJ

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • ESFJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ISTJ

• ESTJ

Votes: 3 10.3%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is kind of a follow-up to my previous poll about which type would make an ideal romantic partner for the INFP.

So, INFPs--which type are you most attracted to? Not who would be the best fit for a long-term relationship or who you know you have a lot of compatibility with. Rather, which type(s) do you find yourself strongly drawn to, whether or not it's good for you?

Thanks in advance for all responses!

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
I think INFJs would make great partners.
I'm not sure about long-term with ISTJs but I've had a thing for ISTJs lately...
I don't know any ESFPs I think so I can't really comment on that.
ISTPs and INTPs I don't know any..
As for other INFPs I think that would be a great match too..
I wouldn't want to live with a loud/overbearing person, that's too much for me. I'd stick with introverts.
Opposites aren't always the best thing.

·
Edgelord
INFP 5w4 - ILI - Chaotic Good
6,942 Posts
ENFPs, INFJs or INTPs.

Or other INFPs.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I really dont care about someones type.
Everyone has his own ' aura '.

So i dont prefer people in who they are.
But i do know what i dont want.
Like attention horny people... please stay out of my sight.

Reactions: UpClosePersonal

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Probably the same as the previous question. I think the best romantic partner is the ones who attract you. But i experienced that some types could be rare, and therefore i could be attracted to people that aren't one of those types. Also, you can't decide who is attractive in your opinion, but you eventually find out that a relationship is impossible to start, because you are too different.

I never had a relationship. I only kissed one girl in my life, and that was an ISFP, but that was something i regretted, because i didn't like her, but i didn't want to disappoint her, or just walk away when i had the feeling that i needed to kiss her. I only started to know here at the same day, and we never saw each other again after that day. Very strange day in an already unstable period for me. It is already five years ago. My next kiss would probably feel the same as someone else's first kiss. It was also not a passionate or romantic kiss. I didn't close my eyes while i kissed (so that's not really a good kiss). It wasn't from the heart. She also had a relationship at that time, and i knew, but she couldn't resist and i wasn't assertive enough. We chatted a lot after that on facebook, but we only argued. She was probably ISFP (also a writer), and definitely a feeler (All the time: Fi-Fi clashes on Facebook, we couldn't speak normal for five minutes). If i had to compare her with a celebrity, would choose Amy Winehouse.

Which types are attractive. Well the question is already asked many times, and i'm still not sure about it. From my experience, i tend to really like ESFP's and ENFP's, but i never get positive respons from them. They also often want a really guy (an ExTx or ExFJ). I also like some ESFJ's, but they never abuse my attention, and they already give me no hope from the start, while ExFP's tend to abuse my attention. I have no clear examples of ENFJ's so i can't judge about that. Maybe i type some ENFJ's as ESFJ's uncorrectly.

It's also hard for me to recognize female thinkers, but i tend to be drawn more towards feminine people who show their emotions, so i think it's less likely that i would find a female thinker attractive, although they can ensure more stability in a relationship and household. Especially introverted thinkers. It's hard to meet introverted thinkers, especially because last years i only learn to know females in a feminine environment where female thinkers would be drawn more in studies with exact sciences. INTP's is probably the only type that i would like to meet because they don't use Fi and they don't use Se, but are still introverted and a thinker.

INFJ's are theoretically also a fine type, but i'm not really sure what to expect from an infj, and i can't have a clear image from how an infj would look like. I have no examples (or i can't recognize them barely). Same for INFP but i experienced that the Fi-Fi clashes (and both Ne-Ne (so no decision making process)) could be exhausting too.

I'm not going searching for people from a certain type, but i notice i found someone attractive and then i will find out their type and go for them (to eventually find out that i can't seduce her or that she isn't interested in me). So experience told me that i tend to find esfp's and enfp's attractive. I think I also could like a lot of intp's, infj's, esfj's, enfj's and infp's. But i'm not sure of it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
INFJ, ISFJ, ESFJ.

INFJ are good people, would understand us because they also have the INFX strong idealism...

XSFJ have strong Fe to make shy INFP's feel comfortable, are understanding, and will take care of you because of Si + Fe/ Fe + Si

·
Registered
713 Posts
I'm drawn to INTPs. I have pretty deep respect for them and I've been in a relationship with one for over a year now. It's difficult to get past the "surface" but I really enjoy that they tend to make me a better person and have brought a lot of insight into my life.

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
INFJ, ISFJ, ESFJ.

INFJ are good people, would understand us because they also have the INFX strong idealism...

XSFJ have strong Fe to make shy INFP's feel comfortable, are understanding, and will take care of you because of Si + Fe/ Fe + Si
That's true, one of my friends is an ESFJ gay, and he can makes me feel comfortable. I also know an ISFJ that could make me feel stressed, but that's probably because of the stricter rules and higher standards she expects from me. She also have a lot of OCD-symptoms. Of course, everyone is different and it depends, but there surely exist SFJ people where i could feel comfortable with (if they like you).

·
MOTM June 2012
9,333 Posts
In this order: INFP, ENFP, ISFP, INFJ. Best relationships were with INFPs and ENFPs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts