Personality Cafe banner

Which type do you think is the most overly romanticized?

• INFP

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • INFJ

Votes: 27 34.2%
  • INTP

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • INTJ

Votes: 15 19.0%
  • ENFP

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • ENFJ

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • ENTP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • ISFP

• ISFJ

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • ISTP

• ISTJ

• ESFP

• ESFJ

• ESTP

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • ESTJ

• None of them in particular

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Meaning what type is constantly conveyed in a romantic manner (as in movies and stories), or what type do we (as a type/person) overly romanticize?

For instance I feel INFJ's and INTJ's are generally overly romanticized because they are the "smart, quiet, and mysterious" types. For some reason women tend to be drawn to that stuff. Don't really know why.

I personally romanticize about those types as well....

because I am one of those women.

And an ENFP. :laughing:

·
Banned
1,038 Posts
INTP's.

The absent minded genius. Its such a common archetype these days in culture and so many people want to be it.

Reactions: bearotter

·
Registered
269 Posts
I voted INTJs. Maybe romanticized isn't exactly the right word, but I feel like INTJs are often seen as very mysterious, intelligent badass types.

Reactions: xTheCaramelQueenx

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
I think a lot of fiction contains a bunch of overly-romanticized stereotypes. Being an ISTP, my pet peeve of course is the "lonesome cowboy" kind of characters when written by people who obviously only have a very superficial understanding of our motivations.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Going by cognitive function, Ni is unquestionably the most romanticized function of all, how many people I've praised Ni as a superpower function that can predict the future. Even Ni users most of the time INFJ, loves to pat themselves on the back because of this function. Now there is big biases with N functions being better than S functions going on like this : Ni>Ne>Se>Si. In the same time the forum is full of N types so this doesn't help because we see our functions has more valuable than they actually are.
So going by what I said, INFJ win the cake followed by INTJ and ENTJ.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Genuinely baffled by the highest being INFP. That's a strange result based on comments on threads.
Maybe most of them misread the title and thought about the most romantic type instead.
I find the result strange too, even more of the low votes for ENTJ.
I also agree with your list but I would put ENTP instead of INTP personally.

·
Registered
ISTJ
2,593 Posts
''Romanticized'' in that it gets way more praises than it deserves a.k.a overrated.

And the answer is INFJs of course. The way people describe it, it makes makes Jesus Christ himself look like he was a cashier at Target.

And that's where the shame is, because actual INFJs don't deserve any backlash for this. They just unfortunately happen to be the type that has been the most mis-construed, misinterpreted and glorified under lies. Which in turn has them over-represented and shoved down our throats in online forums. And I'm still convinced 85% of self-identified INFJ have mistyped themselves.

·
Registered
987 Posts
INFJs, followed by INTJs. I think that the I, N, and J give the general impression that they are thoughtful, capable types that have it all together and figured out. F gives the "niceness" bonus. Ah, stereotypes...

·
Registered
984 Posts
INFJ and all thinking types. I agree with someone who said Ni is the most glorified function.

You'd think thinkers are smarter than feelers based on the descriptions, but in real life and in academics, they're just like us socially emotional beings. Some thinkers aren't even interested in being intellectual. I do see how an INTP's Ti-Ne can be great for channeling new information and discovery, and the INTJ definitely gives off a smart air, but my friends of these types in real life are diverse and generally normal people. One of my professors was an INTP, and he was a genius with his own wikipedia page and was very famous in his field. My sister is an INTP, and she's nothing special academically. She can have really smart ideas though. But practical ones that helped me save money and a trip to another Best Buy.

I guess thinkers are more prone to treat life like they should treat school. But still, how they treat school and academics is up in the air. They can be dedicated and good at it or uninterested and poor performers.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts