Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
5,173 Posts
Okay, someone of each type of placed in the MBTI Hunger Games.

Who dies first?
Who teams up with who?
Who is the fan favorite?
Who will win it all?

What’s your type and how would you fare?
ENFP

Humm I actually did something similar in a training exercise them vs us in my ROTC back in the day in college, except our weapons were realistic tactical paintball guns. I did exactly what Peta did (tactfully covered myself) and stealth hid in the mud till I had the shot. Took out several of their teammates, essentially keeping an ambush from happening, and scored the highest score on my team. My team also won. I never got shot and "finished off." I also worked really well in PVP team playoffs in game simulations. I'm pretty crafty and can think outside the box, hell in my mind there is no box and never was.

I'm also a lot like Beetee Latier, so I probably would have thought about rigging up the grid to electrocute everyone. Anyways I'm pretty sure from my past experience during an adrenaline rush that I could do decent at it. Now 14-16 year old me? Not sure but I had skills in foraging, camping, ropework, bow, knife throwing, tested out in mathematics/science, and rock climbing by that age. I was athletic, smart, and a strong swimmer. Though my common sense might have been lacking at that age.

My CON:

Being an ENFP, I might or might not have been likable on the screen to gain Capital fans to get presents. I might have made some political stance against the capital during my interview and calling them all asshats which I know is not tactful but hard to control a Ne/Fi/Te mouth.

I don't see the questions though as type related being that everyone is an individual and the MBTI is about preferences. Each type can win the hunger games by correctly utilizing their strengths and weaknesses.

·
Registered
ENTP 7w8
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ENFP

Humm I actually did something similar in a training exercise them vs us in my ROTC back in the day in college, except our weapons were realistic tactical paintball guns. I did exactly what Peta did (tactfully covered myself) and stealth hid in the mud till I had the shot. Took out several of their teammates, essentially keeping an ambush from happening, and scored the highest score on my team. My team also won. I never got shot and "finished off." I also worked really well in PVP team playoffs in game simulations. I'm pretty crafty and can think outside the box, hell in my mind there is no box and never was.

I'm also a lot like Beetee Latier, so I probably would have thought about rigging up the grid to electrocute everyone. Anyways I'm pretty sure from my past experience during an adrenaline rush that I could do decent at it. Now 14-16 year old me? Not sure but I had skills in foraging, camping, ropework, bow, knife throwing, tested out in mathematics/science, and rock climbing by that age. I was athletic, smart, and a strong swimmer. Though my common sense might have been lacking at that age.

My CON:

Being an ENFP, I might or might not have been likable on the screen to gain Capital fans to get presents. I might have made some political stance against the capital during my interview and calling them all asshats which I know is not tactful but hard to control a Ne/Fi/Te mouth.

I don't see the questions though as type related being that everyone is an individual and the MBTI is about preferences. Each type can win the hunger games by correctly utilizing their strengths and weaknesses.
That's a really good point about getting presents from the Capital. I bet some Fe types could be very good at saying the right thing and getting support and presents. But yeah, I think ENFPs might shoot themselves in the foot in that regard with an impulsive political statement message or something

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
5,173 Posts
That's a really good point about getting presents from the Capital. I bet some Fe types could be very good at saying the right thing and getting support and presents. But yeah, I think ENFPs might shoot themselves in the foot in that regard with an impulsive political statement message or something
Yeah if the presents weren't a part of the game, I could probably ace it. Being political is not my style, even worse when I was a teen. OMG, I had less control over my mouth and emotions. I could easily get my FI feelings hurt and pull the Fi-Te bitch slap out, to my detriment. @ai.tran.75 what do you think?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Okay, someone of each type of placed in the MBTI Hunger Games.

Who dies first?
Who teams up with who?
Who is the fan favorite?
Who will win it all?

What’s your type and how would you fare?

Personality-type testing may also identify natural killers. One such test already in use by the military is the Myers-Briggs personality-type test. Considering the characteristics discussed above, the natural killer would most likely be an ESTP (extroverted, sensory, thinking, perceiving) personality type on this test. ESTPs are outgoing, highly adaptive, deal in facts, sensory oriented, excel at sports, learn through life experience, prefer action to conversation and are tough in harsh situations.28 Personality-type testing at initial entry could identify and help place natural killers where they can best employ their talent—in infantry, armor and special operations units.

Not a lot of studies done by the military have been published publicly but a professor I had in university got to sniff around. He found it paradoxical having a ballerina ESTP in his class. It's the personality type with the highest kill rate. Except I'm not a sociopath or a second son, which are also significant groups for killers.

I'm physically fit, I make fast friends, I'm good at reading people, I'm highly adaptable, my body can take a lot of punishment, I have good control over which emotions I outwardly express, I'm attractive and I'm good at winning over an audience. The idea of participating in the Hunger Games doesn't sit well with me, younger teens going up against older teens. It's obviously patently unfair. But in my teens, I think I would have done well. In general, I think most ESTP's would have a decent chance of winning.

·
Registered
ENTP 7w8
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Personality-type testing may also identify natural killers. One such test already in use by the military is the Myers-Briggs personality-type test. Considering the characteristics discussed above, the natural killer would most likely be an ESTP (extroverted, sensory, thinking, perceiving) personality type on this test. ESTPs are outgoing, highly adaptive, deal in facts, sensory oriented, excel at sports, learn through life experience, prefer action to conversation and are tough in harsh situations.28 Personality-type testing at initial entry could identify and help place natural killers where they can best employ their talent—in infantry, armor and special operations units.

Not a lot of studies done by the military have been published publicly but a professor I had in university got to sniff around. He found it paradoxical having a ballerina ESTP in his class. It's the personality type with the highest kill rate. Except I'm not a sociopath or a second son, which are also significant groups for killers.

I'm physically fit, I make fast friends, I'm good at reading people, I'm highly adaptable, my body can take a lot of punishment, I have good control over which emotions I outwardly express, I'm attractive and I'm good at winning over an audience. The idea of participating in the Hunger Games doesn't sit well with me, younger teens going up against older teens. It's obviously patently unfair. But in my teens, I think I would have done well. In general, I think most ESTP's would have a decent chance of winning.
I had ESTPs high up in my personal list because I do think they are most likely to be physically and socially capable of winning in this kind of environment. I think an ESTP would be an obvious alpha in the game like this. It's outside in the wilderness. It requires in the moment perception of events and rapid response. Plus an ESTP would likely exude the confidence and social dominance to lead a pack of hunters. But. The ESTP thinks too fast and reacts in the moment on gut sensory impulses. So, they won't be thinking about the end game. They won't be distracted by that like an ENTJ would for example. What I mean is, say an ENTJ and an ESTP are leading different teams. I think the ENTJ would be more susceptible to missing details in the immediate environment, in the moment, and being backstabbed or ambushed as a result.

I actually do think the Hunger Games is an ESTP or ISTPs game.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I had ESTPs high up in my personal list because I do think they are most likely to be physically and socially capable of winning in this kind of environment. I think an ESTP would be an obvious alpha in the game like this. It's outside in the wilderness. It requires in the moment perception of events and rapid response. Plus an ESTP would likely exude the confidence and social dominance to lead a pack of hunters. But. The ESTP thinks too fast and reacts in the moment on gut sensory impulses. So, they won't be thinking about the end game. They won't be distracted by that like an ENTJ would for example. What I mean is, say an ENTJ and an ESTP are leading different teams. I think the ENTJ would be more susceptible to missing details in the immediate environment, in the moment, and being backstabbed or ambushed as a result.

I actually do think the Hunger Games is an ESTP or ISTPs game.

I think where most types would get hurt is that you don't know what environment you're going to land in. There's not a lot of planning to be had. In real world situations, other types can usually know what they're walking into. They can make a plan and that tends to level the playing field a bit. HG's are more tactical that strategy. There can be extremely general strategies, like make friends and pick people off, use that time to learn who your real opponents are and prepare to deal with them. But it's not chess. Especially because the game makers are changing things with flooding or fireballs or changing time of day or sending animals after you. The environment is constantly changing if you aren't playing the way they want you to play.

·
Registered
ENTP 7w8
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think where most types would get hurt is that you don't know what environment you're going to land in. There's not a lot of planning to be had. In real world situations, other types can usually know what they're walking into. They can make a plan and that tends to level the playing field a bit. HG's are more tactical that strategy. There can be extremely general strategies, like make friends and pick people off, use that time to learn who your real opponents are and prepare to deal with them. But it's not chess. Especially because the game makers are changing things with flooding or fireballs or changing time of day or sending animals after you. The environment is constantly changing if you aren't playing the way they want you to play.
This is actually an incredible point. And it's why I don't think an INTJ would fare well for example. Actually, I played this big survivor game with all my extended family and my ESTP cousin was by far the best at it. I teamed up with him and we dominated but he proved to be the better player. I was caught up in trying to predict the future down to the final 3 and all the possible outcomes, and I was too distracted to notice that our team was about to backstab us. But he picked up on small details and made a quick gut choice which kept us in the game. I almost made it to the end with him but then he decided to betray me. I should have seen it coming but I was too distracted thinking about the end. So yeah, from experience I've seen an ESTP absolutely dominate in a game like this.

·
Registered
INTJ
306 Posts

Personality-type testing may also identify natural killers. One such test already in use by the military is the Myers-Briggs personareallity-type test. Considering the characteristics discussed above, the natural killer would most likely be an ESTP (extroverted, sensory, thinking, perceiving) personality type on this test. ESTPs are outgoing, highly adaptive, deal in facts, sensory oriented, excel at sports, learn through life experience, prefer action to conversation and are tough in harsh situations.28 Personality-type testing at initial entry could identify and help place natural killers where they can best employ their talent—in infantry, armor and special operations units.

A ballerina is extremely Se so I don't see any contradiction. The thing is Ti is able to become a sociopath the best of the types. It is a mental ability to dissect whatever you see in your mind. If you choose to dissect people as an assembly of parts and you are into shooting guns and adrenaline as the thing that stimulates your Se, I would be more surprised if ESTP were not the highest kill rate unless it were ISTP. Of course you don't have to develop into that, but it is just a very simple crossover for that personality type.

·
Premium Member
INTJ 5w4 (Sp/Sx) 594
739 Posts
I think any type that has extroverted sensing in their preferred functions (preferably higher up in their stack) will have a better chance at surviving.
Se allows people to have a good external awareness of their environment, and they would have a higher chance of already being capable and physically fit before the games even begin.
I would argue that Ni can also be a very powerful tool, even as an inferior function. It can be a great source of willpower when the going gets tough.

It's for this reason that I think we would all get absolutely destroyed by ESTPs. They are built for this sort of thing.
They have dominant Se, and have a great external awareness of their surroundings.
They have inferior Ni, which can allow them to pull through almost anything. They may be uncomfortable to use it most of the time, but if they get pushed, they would be very hard to bring down.
Additionally, they have tertiary Fe. This can make it easy for them to build alliances, which is very useful in the early game.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I don't really have an answer it's too broad for me.
Rather I'm more interested in how each type will die in the game and why.

I imagine myself recognizing the danger of being ganged up by others before the game, I'll play dumb, put on an innocent friendly mask and ally with people by becoming just useful enough to be kept in the team without being seen as a threat, I will be 100% open with them with all my secrets and be their best mates listening to their stories etc until it's time to pick them off when the time is right (let them killed by others, not really helping when they truly need it etc). I will make sure my tears and angry speech are ready for my other teammates when that happens so that everyone is happy to kill each other but not me.

The strategy would be to wait until the number of players become more manageable then hopefully I will be in a position to start doing my thing with proper tools. The medicore but honest player who somehow survives by luck would be my ideal image in the game.

However, I don't see myself live long enough to see the end of it. Something bounds to go wrong and I'm dead somehow. Maybe I eventually do something stupid, become careless or just plain unlucky, or maybe someone takes me by surprise etc.

·
Registered
ENTP 7w8
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't really have an answer it's too broad for me.
Rather I'm more interested in how each type will die in the game and why.

I imagine myself recognizing the danger of being ganged up by others before the game, I'll play dumb, put on an innocent friendly mask and ally with people by becoming just useful enough to be kept in the team without being seen as a threat, I will be 100% open with them with all my secrets and be their best mates listening to their stories etc until it's time to pick them off when the time is right (let them killed by others, not really helping when they truly need it etc). I will make sure my tears and angry speech are ready for my other teammates when that happens so that everyone is happy to kill each other but not me.

The strategy would be to wait until the number of players become more manageable then hopefully I will be in a position to start doing my thing with proper tools. The medicore but honest player who somehow survives by luck would be my ideal image in the game.

However, I don't see myself live long enough to see the end of it. Something bounds to go wrong and I'm dead somehow. Maybe I eventually do something stupid, become careless or just plain unlucky, or maybe someone takes me by surprise etc.
Wow that’s really insightful I like the idea of us saying how our own type would probably die.

I definitely expected an ISTP to lay low at first and then strike later. And I really think an ISTP would be the best type during the endgame when just a few people are left. I think ISTPs could be very stealthy, calm, aware, and skilled at taking out the few remaining people.

·
Registered
♂️ INFJ 5w4 // IEI-Ni
3,199 Posts
Not going to lie, that would be the worst kind of situation for someone like me to be in. Especially in Battle Royale's version where they were class mates. I couldn't really blame the few who just committed suicide. Even if I won I'd be traumatized and burdened by guilt about it.

Some would say ESTP could easily win, which makes sense, but I think ESTP might actually be too impulsive and prone to putting themselves in too much danger than would be advisable, depends on how disciplined they are. I think ExTJ could actually do better.
I forget how Hunger Game's rules go, but In Battle Royale they're all given a random weapon. That could shift things. One of them even had some grenades.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Not going to lie, that would be the worst kind of situation for someone like me to be in. Especially in Battle Royale's version where they were class mates. I couldn't really blame the few who just committed suicide. Even if I won I'd be traumatized and burdened by guilt about it.

Some would say ESTP could easily win, which makes sense, but I think ESTP might actually be too impulsive and prone to putting themselves in too much danger than would be advisable, depends on how disciplined they are. I think ExTJ could actually do better.
I forget how Hunger Game's rules go, but In Battle Royale they're all given a random weapon. That could shift things. One of them even had some grenades.
In the hunger games, they don't know where they're going to be fighting and the game makers constantly change things. Remove walls, trigger giant fireballs, lay traps, change time of day, flood areas, send mutt mutations and whatever else they want. Makes it extremely difficult to make plans. Anyone who likes to plan is in trouble.

·
Registered
♂️ INFJ 5w4 // IEI-Ni
3,199 Posts
In the hunger games, they don't know where they're going to be fighting and the game makers constantly change things. Remove walls, trigger giant fireballs, lay traps, change time of day, flood areas, send mutt mutations and whatever else they want. Makes it extremely difficult to make plans. Anyone who likes to plan is in trouble.
Oh, in that case it's anyone's game really. I guess that's why they said "may the odds be forever in your favor."

·
Registered
ISTJ
2,415 Posts
Any pure survival scenario would heavily favor SP types because they are naturals are adapting in real time and the most unafraid to act with bold moves.

I know every INxx thinks ''It would be us because we're super smart and people would totally underestimate us'', that's adorable, but no.

Those types at best would try to lock themselves up safely where they can think of a plan, at worst would curl up in a fetal position.

·
Registered
ENTP 7w8
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Any pure survival scenario would heavily favor SP types because they are naturals are adapting in real time and the most unafraid to act with bold moves.

I know every INxx thinks ''It would be us because we're super smart and people would totally underestimate us'', that's adorable, but no.

Those types at best would try to lock themselves up safely where they can think of a plan, at worst would curl up in a fetal position.
I definitely agree with this. I think the only way they win if they’re good enough at hiding to make it to the end. Actually, that could easily be a possibility because I imagine INxx are the best at hiding. Although, the game makers don’t like hiding so they’d probably kill the INxx with a natural disaster or something

1 - 20 of 49 Posts