Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im curious what type is usually an artist, Ive known a infp artist, an enfp artist, an isfp artist and I am a entp artist

·
Registered
INTP 5w4
947 Posts
Any type can be an artist in different areas, you'll find singers, painters, musicians, writers, directors, sculptors, etc. of every MBTI type.

In general though, and stereotypically, it's ISFP, INFP, ESFP.

Then again, you can also find examples of these types who have absolutely no interest in artistic pursuits.

I enjoy woodcarving, does that make me an artist though? Probably not.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I consider myself an artist and I act and dance for a living.

The word artist encompasses an extremely large field. But also, how boring would art of any kind be if it were predominantly the same personality types looking at the same things through the same perspective?

·
Registered
ISTJ, 6w7 sx/sp, 631
2,617 Posts
SP types, I mean artsy stuff is usualy Se. Types with lower Se or with Si usualy would prefer different things like philosophy, but less likely just enjoy art for what it is. SP types are even described as Artisans for a reason.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Hmmm I would say mostly xxFP types due to Fi/Pe but I think any type can become one if they are into that kinda stuff. Like a ISTJ might like art for being able to draw ultra detailed Si pictures e.tc.

Reactions: crystalcrows
1 - 5 of 5 Posts