Personality Cafe banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Do you think any types are more likely to be monogamous? Are there types that are prone to be less so?

I would say ISFJ might be most monogamous. Least, maybe ESTP or ENTP?

As for INFPs, it could go either way, but I think most of us are idealistic and want that perfect partner...although sometimes we're easily seduced on an emotional level. I'd still say we'd be up there.

I'm not sure how F/T factors into things. Fi and Fe might both stick to loyalty, whereas Te/Ti isn't so concerned about things like morals/social norms. It would depend more on their feeling function I think. Thinkers might be a bit more likely to cheat. I think until maybe recently men also were much more likely to stray.

Don't take this too seriously, just a silly little generalisation. Obviously, there are people from all types who are faithful/or not, and not just that, but prone to monogamy.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Most monogamous : The SJ types
Least monogamous : Ne-doms and Se-doms

·
Registered
687 Posts
Monogamy is rough for us ISTPs...

I've been married 3 times already, and I'm 32.. but that could be my fault.. debatable.

I go hard for something I want, then I wear it out and use it up.

Kinda happens that way to my relationships too, it seems.

I can't stay in one place for long, and I have to find new things to experience and learn about, so yeah..

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
I hate to be that person, but my ISFJ aunt has married one man, had a child and lived with another for maybe at least seven years, and has also been with two other men (one presently who is wonderful and probably also ISFJ, who recently left his wife).

Of course ISFJs could still be the most monogamous, but not all are. (Then again, not many people on that side of my family are "monogamous"...

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
I'd pick IFJs as the most monogamous types (with EFJs close behind, and ITJs in third place) and ETPs as the most likely to stray.

·
Registered
ILI
5,652 Posts
I hate to be that person, but my ISFJ aunt has married one man, had a child and lived with another for maybe at least seven years, and has also been with two other men (one presently who is wonderful and probably also ISFJ, who recently left his wife).

Of course ISFJs could still be the most monogamous, but not all are. (Then again, not many people on that side of my family are "monogamous"...
My ISFJ aunt has remarried as well.

My other ISFJ aunt, though, has remained monogous. (yes, I know, I get two! I'm so lucky)

My ESFJ cousin was married for about 2 or 3 years and it looks as though they are getting a divorce soon. She has already moved out.

I think the husband is an ISTJ. It's absolutely not his fault that they're getting divorced. He seems like an incredibly sweet and responsible man. She's a bit loopy and very feeling-based.. Maybe that was why he was drawn to her.

I have two ESTJ grandfathers (different sides of the family) and both of them got divorced.

My NTJ parents have been monogamous for at least 23 years now. They got married within (2 weeks?) of meeting.

·
Registered
151 Posts
From my experience with knowing people's types and their relationships, I know a lot of unfaithful ENTPs haha and every INTJ I know tends to stay in long relationships and are faithful to their partners. I'm an INFJ and I'm very loyal and faithful and also have long relationships. I'm married to an INTJ and so far all of our friends and family think we are the "perfect couple." Obviously, I wouldn't go as far as to say that, we are in our mid twenties and with both of us being old souls we live like the elderly, hahaha and my brother an cousin are both ENTJs and are all over the place all the time! I'm rambling now, but I'd say most would be INTJ and least ENTJ XD from my own experience. The only types I know surrounding me are ISFJs, ENTPs, ENFPs, and INTJs. Then again, I tend to keep a small circle around myself.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I think the Guardians (SJ's) are least likely to stray. And most likely... ESTP and ENTP. Se dom speaks for itself, and Ne dom is like a divining rod that pulls you from place to place.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts