Personality Cafe banner

Would you rather freeze or burn to death?

• Freeze to death

Votes: 150 83.3%
  • Burn to death

Votes: 30 16.7%
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you were put in the situation where you had to choose to either burn to death, or freeze to death, which one would you pick?

Please leave your reasons as to why you chose the one that you did. :tongue:

Thank you :happy:

·
Registered
350 Posts
because if i die, It will be dark. coldness is darkness. :p

no really. XD I live in a country without snow. HOW COOL is it to die having to be frozen with ice cream by my side :3

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
because if i die, It will be dark. coldness is darkness. :p

no really. XD I live in a country without snow. HOW COOL is it to die having to be frozen with ice cream by my side :3
I don't get snow either ): I feel your pain.

Reactions: Mwa ha ha

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah that's one reason, but I hate the thought of being burnt alive, I have trouble with just friction burns, or burns from the oven.
Also, it would make me feel a little bit like Captain America ;P and the freezing is apparently a slower, lees humane death :)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah that's one reason, but I hate the thought of being burnt alive, I have trouble with just friction burns, or burns from the oven.
Also, it would make me feel a little bit like Captain America ;P and the freezing is apparently a slower, lees humane death :)
Although, when you get really cold, you start to feel as if you are burning. Therefore, I think it would be less painful, but still a very slow burning sensation. Yes, your body might phase out.. but that's after it gets REALLY confused. I'm not sure. I personally think they are both really bad.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That is a good point, however if you freeze to death, at least there will still be something of you left as opposed to being burnt

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is a good point, however if you freeze to death, at least there will still be something of you left as opposed to being burnt
Yeah... okay, you got me there, my friend. At least there could be a funeral.

Reactions: Darner

·
Banned
3,624 Posts
Burning is extremely painful.

Though I remember one time in winter, this was when I was very thin and could not regulate my internal body temperature. It was the coldest I had ever felt, and I remember wanting to die. It is horrible being extremely cold. I'd probably take that though, over burning :mellow:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Freezing to death may be less painful than burning, but it still is extremely painful. I have skied at a resort at night with the weather being so cold that just a small breeze passing by felt like knives running across my skin. It was terrible... But it still beats burning, which includes not only your skin being on fire, but also suffocation from the smoke and the failure of your organs because of the extreme heat.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Freezing. Okay, it's cold for a while but when you pass that phase, it starts feeling comfortable - in contrast with burning, where you die after (and because of) the pain. (Once my feet froze to the point my nails fell off and actually the most painful part of all was getting unfrozen again - now THAT hurts.

But my personal favourite is dying in a plane crash.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Freeze. Seems less painful that way. I would prefer to sleep to death also. XD

Reactions: soulsearch

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Freezing. Okay, it's cold for a while but when you pass that phase, it starts feeling comfortable - in contrast with burning, where you die after (and because of) the pain. (Once my feet froze to the point my nails fell off and actually the most painful part of all was getting unfrozen again - now THAT hurts.

But my personal favourite is dying in a plane crash.
How'd you manage to get that cold?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
How'd you manage to get that cold?
My ski-boots were too small, so I didn't get enough blood to my toes. This was in combination with -15 C on the ski resort, which was so cold that I didn't realize something is happening to my feet.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My ski-boots were too small, so I didn't get enough blood to my toes. This was in combination with -15 C on the ski resort, which was so cold that I didn't realize something is happening to my feet.
That sounds horrible.
Except for the part about ski resorts, which is great because they are fun :)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts