Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a great idea 3 nights ago. :proud:

Build a program or script, that takes all of the 6500+ posts I have made (or that you have made) in the INFP forum and feed them into an analyzer that spits out top 5 most used words in posts.

Think about all your posts and writing here. Which words do you use a lot?

• I
  • us
  • them
  • we
  • you
  • happy
  • sad
  • suicidal
  • depressed
  • boyfriend
  • husband
  • girlfriend
  • INFP
  • rainbow
  • sports
  • rain
  • dark
  • school
  • college
  • help
  • advice
  • life
  • no
  • yes

(those are just examples)

What are your top five most used WORDS?

Mine are:
  1. "I" - I am 99.9% self-referential. I hardly ever use words like "us", "we", "they", "them".
  2. "Husband" - seems I'm always bringing him up.
  3. Happy
  4. Nine
  5. "I think..." sometimes "I feel.."

Interestingly, I hardly ever use "INFP" or speak about INFPs as a group.

6. "Interesting" or "Interestingly" :tongue:

·
Premium Member
15,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah, it's just an idea I had. I haven't built the program.

Even if I built the program can you imagine putting 6500+ posts in it to analyze? It would take forever. :frustrating:

I was wondering if anyone else noticed *themes* or trends in their posts, in this forum. No doubt about it -- I use "I" a LOT. Also, the other words I mentioned.

About the Change A Letter Thread (which I love!) it does seem to go in cycles where the same words are posted over and over again. I know it's possible to do an advanced search on my name and it will pull up all my posts in that thread, which is probably 200 :tongue: , and I could write down all my words and see where I've duplicated. I know I have. Same with The Wrong Answer Thread -- I know I've duplicated questions and/or answers... just from pure dementia. :cool:

·
Registered
521 Posts
"I" is definitely strong in me--not because I'm very interested in myself, but it seems the easiest to explain the world exactly as I view it, which is pretty well inside my head, not outside. I also happen to enjoy writing in first person perspective, since I feel an odd disconnect whenever I have to refer to characters by their names with some invisible person watching what's happening.

Anyway, I wouldn't want to speak for anyone else, and I'm the only person who I experience, so I figure the "I" is quite necessary in my own analysis of the world.

·
Premium Member
15,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@somnuvore
"I" feel so comfortable with I. I know I. I don't know you. I might *think* I know you, but there is no possible way to fully know you. I know about me -- so I comfortably report on me. Long way around, to tell you... I really agree with your post.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Nah, it's just an idea I had. I haven't built the program.

Even if I built the program can you imagine putting 6500+ posts in it to analyze? It would take forever. :frustrating:

I was wondering if anyone else noticed *themes* or trends in their posts, in this forum. No doubt about it -- I use "I" a LOT. Also, the other words I mentioned.

About the Change A Letter Thread (which I love!) it does seem to go in cycles where the same words are posted over and over again. I know it's possible to do an advanced search on my name and it will pull up all my posts in that thread, which is probably 200 :tongue: , and I could write down all my words and see where I've duplicated. I know I have. Same with The Wrong Answer Thread -- I know I've duplicated questions and/or answers... just from pure dementia. :cool:

woah! Thank you for introducing me to the wrong answer thread! i need to get out and explore more often. That looks like a fun thread!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts