Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yeah i know im going to post another meaningless thread about whether i'm an infp or not, and its really long so get over it.

But here's the deal when if first started off i thought i was an isfp, but i learned some more and thought maybe i might me a infp but now its like this am i an infp intp isfp entp enfp or isfp. im not really sure. i have written a 2332 word "i guess you could say" narrative that basically anyone I think can look at and see whether the process in my brain is this or that. i'm posting this in the infp forum because that's what im sort of leaning towards, and there is more infp posts than any other. more people = more help. so to preface this dousey of an essay, i have to say i know that its hard to type someone from the internet, however the stuff i write is directly related to how i think. "i think it. i type it" kinda of deal. Also i know that anybody can be anything but some people are better at certain stuff then others. So i miss anything here or anything is unclear please let me know, and ill tell you within reason. the second to last paragraph has been edited and spell checked. the first one has been spell checked but not edited because its like my brain dump, a direct window into my brain.

OK so this should be interesting.
so if you want the condensed version go down to the second paragraph. the first pragraph is how it looks like in my brain. the second is really how it looks like to most people, i talk to. the first paragraph is really just what goes on in my head as im thinking it. the second is really to understand exactly my dilemma, am i an intp - infp - enfp - entp or isfp for that matter. first = extravert, second = introvert this might clear up some stuff about what i look like, on the internet.

1. im going to free write. (by the way this sentence has already been edited 4 times, by now.) ok so my dilemma. simply put infp? intp? entp? enfp? ok so ive been a stalker of personality cafe and various other mbti forums. by the way this is going to be long i think, not really sure yet. so here we go not sure how this is going to play out. this is going to be straight from my brain to my hands(i actually said heads, which i thought was a funny mental picture) ok the back history. well i first typed as a infj or something like that and i was like NOOO. I it took agian and got much later like 5 months and got isfp was pretty happy about it, and then i started researching about it and generally growing up in life, and was like no. err i feel compelled to tell you that the sentence above is maybe grammatically incorrect but i am too lazy to figure it out or fix it, dont feel bad. so i took it again after doing a ton butt load of research into the cognitive functions which is were the reall stuff is at. ok that last sentence was useless. i got intp. ok so maybe it wasn't useless. then i spent every living daily hour researching this. i have no life. so be quiet, its in queue. ok so then i took a look at intp and thought yes... no. intp no offense which might not matter? were like unemotional beings who like to ponder the idea of free will or consciousness. however i began diving into the cognitive functions thanks to a little help from my inquisitive mind, determination to get something right, davesuperpower(you know the guy on youtube), and extensilistcat. These people are smart. no kidding. so the good stuff = cognitive functions. i found i used fe im very expressive and very animated like my face and eyes get big and i smile and laugh. people have told me your eyes there huge. they actually are but it proves my point im very expressive when i talk.

anyways, introversion and extroversion. this is so weird to me introversion i like that, im always been the person to be on the side of the wall listening to everybody. I have extremely good hearing. its ridiculous how good it is. but when you get me around somebody who acts like me, however that maybe. and is a extravert or a good friend of mine. i'm like this social guy talking to people, laughing. having a good time. hmm thinking... ok i organize this thought a little better. when i'm with new people or someplace new i'm like mr. mime (i actually act like one, i can have short conversations with just hand signals. its an art form, in 54 states.) but when i'm with my friends or someplace familiar and actually this actually goes the same with conversations. i forgot to include the conversations part for the above thought about the mr. mime and stuff. i can become maybe not very. well maybe. outgoing or social. its like a new person emerges, energy is abounding and im having fun. making jokes, being silly, and random. those two things always seem to go together. which i will allude into me being a NE and not a NI. NE are very creative random so to speak. NI from what Ive gathered and by all means please tell me i'm wrong, are no so much. Ive been told i look like i'm in a different world, i think outside the box, and am really creative. id argue the really part, i know tons of people who like really creative, but yeah another point i'm that kind of person who will say no i don't think i can do that. or like this somebody tells me you are a genius that song was utter amazing. how did you come up with that. me = not sure it just kinda happened. them = what. wow your like a genius. me (in my head) = you should meet my friends there like super genius's. so yeah i put my self down a lot, so i'm told. i kinda still refuse to believe it.

ok my thinking part. this is an interesting part. when i contemplate how big the universe is and how each galaxy is connected and affected by each other, or the concept of a controlled destiny with free will. I will sit there and think about it. this also goes with when i'm solving a problem such as (i took at thinking brake) my computer broke. i sat there thinking of how the hard drive or hdd could possible just disappear from the bios. i began thinking of everything that was connected to the hdd including the cpu. i saw so many possibilities it was ridiculous. solving problems is not something i like doing unless its like well how would you build a time machine or however car, or portal system, its generally not something i like doing. here's where its gets interesting. when im on the cell phone i usually have to go outside my house for cell reception. and its interesting because i'm usually walking around a lot. and talking. i stop to think and then when i'm talking i'm usually moving around. i also tend to figure what out something mid sentence when i'm talking. i start to say something and go wait no that total nonsense, give me a sec, ok here is what i really meant. blah this is really long and weird. OK yeah Ive also been called the thinker, since im always in my head. yes ive actually been asked by people are you sad, which i was but i was thinking. really how to fix it the problem or figure out what just happened and why so i that i wouldn't be sad all the time.

ok the precieving and the judging. ok for me my thing is like this with parties i really don't care who's going but i want to know when they are and when they are. id like to be there somewhat on time. i also like arriving before everyone else too. its like a chill atmosphere. so if i was going to say London, UK i wouldn't just go. id check to see if i had enough money for the plane ticket, transportation, hotel, food, spending money, and at least knowledge of some where lots of stuff happen. i dont plan to se this this and this at this this and this time. i think lets just have fun doing whatever. i did this in a trip i took to San Fransisco which they have a exploratorium which upon arriving was closed so what did we do walked around pier 39. best time ever in San Fransisco. watched people, saw the bush man... good times. however there is something really weird at the same time, i can be very organized like this i was in a hard ware store(were very good friends with the owner and the family) i would always organize the pipe fittings so the each one nicely stacked and positioned next to each other. i also made them more accessible by putting the ones that were staked 2 or 3 high closer to the front. i can also organize peoples stuff into categories based of their stuff. but my room utter and complete mess. i find that hilarious, and weird at the same time. moving one. me.

I'm like the sensitive artist. but in my mind im like the evil genius. Im also a genius with anything music. anything music related, its ridiculous. I like drawling, used to be pretty good. Ive written 1 short story with tons of imagery with the senses. Ive actually been a pretty OK writer. absolutely love photography. 11thousand pictures can atest to that. however i love computers. im a tech geek. i play video games raging from cod# to like microsoft flight sim X to like gt3-5. i love racing games and i am actually like extremely good at them once i get used to how the car and the game handles. ive programmed my own game, before using game maker 6.1 or 7. im not big on programming thought debugging is not my strong suit. which i actually imagined a suit made out steel... not relevant, moving on. Humor which i actually find interesting i get intp humor. it makes me laugh. like monty python skits, i could watch them all day. not sure if this is relevant but i have really fast reactions times as well. Ive also been the one to always be nice to everyone around me. i don't see the value of being mean, and also i love to see people smile. So now you know A boulder about me, and actually if you survived all this junk im sorry for you and your brain, you feelings, and your dog. you deserve a rich dark chocolate brownie.

the condensed version. FE = im usually a very animated person when i talk a smile, laugh. ti = i usually have to stop thinking. to really think however. te = i tend to think of something in mid sentence or like ill correct my thought and make it more precise. which might be ne and ti working. ne = cheese flavored cars. i can be very random, i think out of the box so ive been told, and im an artist, writing, photography, piano prodigy. si = i really don't understand this one actually. se = i love doing stuff. dancing although im too shy to actually do it. im a introvert with new people, or place, and conversations. a extrovert with familiar places, people, and conversations. preciever = you going to a party sweet i want to go when is it. so the inconsistency i like playing music, and feeling all the emotion is like a intoxicating feeling like you just love it. however i like contemplating of how to build things like a hover car, or time machine, or time itself. im also curious of how things work. its like be a computer nerd who plays video games and know what a 1156 chip set for a cpu is, but also an artist who can do most anything artistic, music, photography, drawling, writing. also it seems im able to organize things like if you have a stack of pennies, i will take the pennies make them all face heads up and rotate them so that all the heads are facing in the same direction. then ill stack them so that there perfectly stacked on top of each other. I'm amazing at balancing physical objects-things. i also have very fast reaction times. example a tennis ball came at me really fast instead of hitting it, which i was very capable of doing, i caught it and everybody was like what you caught it? you have fast reactions! kind of deal. throw something at me and ill most likely catch it, but i don't care much for football, and sports that much. i also notice everything around me. i see everything that goes on around me. i track things like i can see you coming a mile away. i also keep of track of things like this, ill hear a truck go by, stop at the stop sign, and turn the corner down the road, while completely listening to background tv in another room, and typing up this, post. Please tell me how i do this.

so if anyone of you sounds like this, or if you know anyone like this tell me what there type is. I'm literally like dying like wanting like to know... like...

·
Registered
168 Posts
It's good that you got into the cognitive functions, since like you said, that's where the real stuff is. However, you have to remember that MBTI is first and foremost about how you process and take in information. Although the theory is a great overgeneralization itself, deciding you're a dominant Ne user, for example, can't be simply based on introverted iNtuitives being "less creative/random". Of course you could have deeper reasons for deducing so, but whilst reading only the information you gave in your post, the image you gave was very simplistic.

This goes for I/E-differences, too. It's basically only an issue of energy and where you gain it or lose it. Shyness =/= introversion.

What comes to your personality type, I can't say anything for sure, but some of the things you described sound a lot like Se. You struck me as an SP in general, actually, perhaps xSTP. ENFJ crossed my mind too. xSTPs have Ti/Se as their dom and aux in reverse orders, ENFJ is a Fe dom with Ni aux and Se ter. I'll leave the proper typing for people more experienced, though, but I'd say it's a pretty safe bet you have strong Se somewhere in there. That would rule out Ne, though.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Probably an ISTP... Only thing that makes me doubt it a bit is your well developed Ne, but overall I think ISTP. You definitely have a bunch of Se going on there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok i will say if your leaning towards "T" i should say this. In video games im the one not with the most accurate shot but the quickest reactions. With programming i wasn't really honest because yes i can do it and i understand it, but i took me tons of tutorials to do them basically i learned by taking a something somebody did with code like a 3d rain effect. then modifying it. and adding it to my game. i took me really a long time to understand how to do stuff. i really didn't get how stuff worked. I tinkered until it worked kinda thing.

The Ne part is very interesting because if Ne to you is creative, thinking out side the box, sort of thing, then my self taught ability to improvise anything on a piano is it. basically the improve works as soon my hands touch the keys and the piano makes a sound. Its like a flow chart of connections connecting all chords to another in some way, directly or indirectly. i see many possibilities. I am wondering what struck you as Ne? and Ti/Te and not Fi/fe, as well. I'm sorry if i came out coldish im actually like the nicest person ever, i can out compete any nice person im so nice. and no i don't have an ego.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I think you come across as more of a Pe dominant. Initially you sounded like Ne, but the latter half sounded much more Se. I also think you might be more Fi/Te as opposed to Ti/Fe, but I'm not quite sure.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Rereading it actually, I agree that you are in fact Ti/Fe and probably an Se user, so some sort of xSTP...It may help to figure out your inferior function...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts