Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

Female, 24. Was earlier today under a mild stress/anxiety. Other than that I don’t think so.

Forever questioning myself, my own type, even my own sexual and romantic orientation. I'm basically a forever questioning person, trying to find the most fitting label, though I don’t mind being without the labels, but it’s fun to know them so here I am. Maybe it’s time to narrow down the types I could be.

Getting a second opinion would be great, as while I do research it all on my own, I might be biased a little, or overlooking something. Or just getting another point of view might make me see thing better. I'm still not good at all the functions and how they work so any help is always great and appreciated.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/coolbiere/17130446113/in/explore-2015-05-17/

Oh my, where do I start.

I mainly choose this photo because I love big cities. Especially big cities at night. Here it’s not exactly night, it’s 5am according to the title, so the day is slowly starting. You can see how the sun is coming out already though it’s a cloudy day so it’s hidden behind those. I didn't really notice any people on the streets. I love all the lights. The streets, the lights in the windows. I have always loved dark (black) colours with lighter ones, like the orange here. The contrast is always great. The water part of the photo is so calm, not many things on it and taking so much space of the photo. There are some tents and I'm kinda wondering what those might be. Also the ferris wheel! I have never been on one but so would love to. And other such attractions. We had some small one for the Juwenalia over the last few days but I didn't have money to go and it was such a shame.

It’s already big city at a cloudy night. Just give me rain and storm and lighting and it will be perfect.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

If I were the one driving I would be really stressed out. About what the hell happened, is it serious, can we work it out right now, or is it going to be costy for me later. Though I find it unlikely I would be the one driving on such trip, but the possibility still remains.

If I were one of the passengers, I would still be stressed out, but probably less. I would probably be cursing so much in my mind that something like this happened, maybe a little out loud depending on situation.

In both cases I would probably lurk behind my friends when they would try to figure out what happened (maybe be a little more active in case I was the driver as it’s my car so I would be most knowledgeable about it). I would try to think about some possibilities that had happened to me on road before (not like there were really many but still) or that had happened to people I know and give some insight while also trying to work out where exactly we are, how far from the goal we are, how can we get there in time, so my ticket (as concerts would usually mean spending money) doesn't go to waste.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

This isn't what I signed up for, no way. I feel I would already feel drained enough by the concert itself, the afterparty doesn't sound fun at all to me in that situation.

A good example is that last few days we had Juwenalia and it was full of concerts, people. I went out with friends for a little bit to see parts I was kinda interested in but wanted to go back to the room much earlier than my roommate for example. Just seeing her exhausted me. And then she would come back, say she was already bored and try to find something to do. Then she called some people to see how was still awake and where they are and then she was out to party and drink more while I watched her in silent horror. It was already 3am.

But let’s get back to the topic.

I would probably see if anyone else was against it also, maybe try to convince the driver not to go. If can’t convince and can’t get anyone else to not go there also, I would probably spend that time sitting alone away from the others or maybe sitting close to them but not really engage in anything, just waiting for it to end. If maybe someone else also didn't want to go, we could spend that time somewhere else near while waiting for the party to end.

There is of course a small, small chance I would be up for the afterparty, but I think it’s so small that it’s irrelevant.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

Okay, I'm going to be be honest. I thought hard and long trying to come up with any beliefs I might have that I hold close. I even went to google “belief” and what kinds there are and so on..

I mean, religious belief? I do identify as Christian but I'm more on the agnostic side maybe? Or call me Christian but not practicing, so not really doing about it. If anyone said something wrong about this, I would agree or disagree with them but it wouldn't really impact me.

I think for me to really take notice of what they were saying is if they were really extreme (and if I weren't like having my headphones on and listening to music to really even hear them talking). Like extremely sexist, homophobic, racist and so on.

In that case I would be probably thinking how stupid some people are.

My outward reaction would once again depend on many things. Do I know those people? It says a friend, but how close a friend it is? Am I in mood to talk to them about this or do I just leave them to their own stupidity? If I were close friends with that person I probably would have at least state my opinion that I don’t agree with them as it’s someone I probably communicate more, spend some time together and would want them to know I don’t agree with them and might not want such opinions be around me. If it was someone I only see occasionally I might also get into debate with that person (which depending on mood could turn into some verbal fight and I don’t really like those, I get some of those with my mother and it’s so tiring) and I might be more strict there as that person’s opinion might mean less to me than the opinion of a closer friend (the friend who I would try to educate if I could or try to cut ties if it was impossible and be more present in our relationship that at one point I would say stop and walk away). I suppose it’s also good to say that I don’t really have friends, or at least close ones, so it’s hard to say how would that work in practice.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

Again so vague. I think the habits part is the easiest to answer for me.

I'm right now living in a dorm, so I have a roommate (and had others before too). The differences between the living space from the usual ones, when you have to take consideration of the other person in the room that is living with you. I think overall I'm so quiet and in my own space that we all get along. It’s times when she goes out to party and then comes back with many people into the room and those are usually guys, and one of course will find his way to sit on my bed next to me (as I usually stay in bed with my laptop) and many times try to flirt with me or try to engage me in some conversation. It really annoys me most of the times. I usually give short answers and try to stay away as far as possible. In few cases that were extremely annoying I gave them silent treatment and glares when they tried to psychically get my attention (like grabbing my leg or something). Overall I bear with it. I might later say that that and that person was so annoying to my roommate but usually it’s not like I will see them again.

About the rest. Well, when the time comes and something clashes with what you have already experienced, you need to move around it. Does it affect you in the long run? Is it worth to think about it later on? I think my mind goes into many directions with this question, and I would probably need something more concentrate to really write about it. What kind of thing it is that affected me and what are the beliefs and experiences and habits of mine might be relevant when really thinking about it? Because, as I said, this is too vague to me right now to give more exact answers.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

I don’t really know?

I mean, I do value honesty and loyalty. Though let’s say I might be a big hypocrite here as I myself am not always honest with people (usually it is to avoid conflict with other people so I withhold any bad, rude and harsh opinions to myself when talking with that person. I would probably just try to avoid that person altogether if I could but not always it is possible when that person might be a friend of a friend and so we can meet in different places). Though you have to love when for example your two flatmates badmouth you behind your back, in the kitchen, while in the break from watching a movie, that we all watched together and which they invited me to. You have to love that look when you walk by when they do that and wonder “Shit, did she hear us or not?” while I just smile at them and that nervous laugh of theirs.

I suppose freedom is something I also value. I don’t like people telling me what to do. If you say that I have to do something, I probably might not do it. Especially when I already was planning to do it sometime in the future. Which might explain why in my whole live I have never been in a relationship. When I watch one of my friend who is in one, and how she fights with her boyfriend, how they break up and come back together, how he tries to control her, his jealousy of everyone (and I mean everyone, boys, girls, friends, anyone who spends even a little time with her) make me think how glad I am not to be in one, as this kind of relationship she has would be a hell to me which I would leave as soon as possible (how the hell she is back with him once again will be forever one of the greatest mysteries of life).

How can they change? I don’t know. It might depend on many things. I might find something new in life that might make me question some things and change them and change myself. Or I might just go like that through my whole life.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

a) I think at this moment, it’s my closed off and quiet personality. Most people I know here are really outgoing, always in motion, partying, meeting with friends. I'm someone who spends most of her time in my room, which makes people wonder how I can stay the whole day inside and not want to go out and socialize. There are probably more but this one part is the most distinguishable between me and people around me at the moment.

b) My laziness? Many times I just don’t want to do things, because I'm lazy. This leads to me procrastinating so much, leaving things till the last moment. The important things which I should be giving them the most attention are forgotten to me spending that time doing other, less important things. And then rushing at the last moment. It would be great to stick more to important things, to complete them at the reasonable pace and then have time to engage in other things, to have it all planned out and be able to actually stick to it, and not think “Well, I can actually do that at the later time”, which I unfortunately do.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

I don’t really get those in real life? Or at least I don’t remember at the moment. I might be ignoring them completely and that’s why I don’t remember them or I just don’t get them.

Another thing about be those feelings when reading or watching something. When I get this feeling like “Yes, this is what is going to happen next”, or ”That person is responsible”. Many times I actually found those guesses true. But I was also many times wrong. But when I do get them I usually start to question them. Am I sure it is actually true? Something new happens and I then try to undermine my own first impression, then start doubting, and can’t decide what I think is actually right in that situations as both (or more) cases are actually plausible. I love reading and coming up with theories in my fandoms, to think of possibilities. If they come true or not another thing. Though there are times when I stick to a theory that I like the most, while still trying to pick it apart, what would make them illogical, what part of it is still not completely formed that it gives room to other theories. And I think I went too off-topic here so I might end this here.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

a) Music, I think. Especially more upbeat one. I love singing along and get in the mood of the song so they happy, upbeat ones can get me really hyped. But other things like books, movies, manga, anime and other things I love can get me energized. Just being able to do what I love will put me in good mood.

b) Socializing, probably. While meeting new people can be interesting in itself, I'm shy, so talking with people is a problem to me. Also the problem is probably that in parties or meetings, there are already groups of people that know each other, stay in that group, talk with themselves. I prefer one on one conversations, but can’t really keep up one, if I don’t have a topic to talk about. Small talk, about how we are and so on gets over quickly and then what.. I will most definitely not start one, so I will usually stay back and few hours of this can be just too much for me. I rarely stay late there (usually it is when I drink more, as I tend to be a more talkative and active drunk) and leave earlier than most.

10. What do you repress about your outward behaviour or internal thought process when around others? Why?

I suppose, stating my opinion about others, for one. I will rarely tell another person what I like or dislike about them. Or even tell them if I like them or not. I can dislike someone and not act it, just to get over with it, and not start any fights.
Another thing would be holding myself back from making random comments during a conversation. I can think of something funny or witty or sarcastic, that the conversation somehow made me think about, though not be that related to the topic but will find the timing never right and just never do it. Few times I did, people usually looked at me like they saw me for the first time in their life. It’s usually in bigger group, me being more withdrawn, getting to even say anything is hard. All those loud people just not giving space for others to get into it. Which is why I prefer smaller groups.

I think that would be all. I probably missed something while writing as I have been coming back to this many times and many times thinking what to write but not actually writing it, so now that I finally sat down I forgot many things that I wanted to actually write. Now let's see what this all say about me.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol ENFP. If not that, INFP.
I'm gonna admit, ENFP is something I have never even considered. What made you think so, if I could ask for your reasoning?

Also similarly for INFP. I know they use the same cognitive functions, just in different ordering, so they are similar to each other. And it has been one of few I might have considered, but I'm not so sure of the dom Fi for INFP. Truthfully, Fi vs Fe is hard for me, as I'm just not sure at all which one I prefer and do use more (hello eternal indecisiveness, my old friend).

I actually watched some videos on some types last night, ENFP and INFP included, and I think I could relate more to INFP but still not completely. But I might be biased or something, so tear it apart and tell me how I'm wrong.

Thank you for your input.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I'm gonna admit, ENFP is something I have never even considered. What made you think so, if I could ask for your reasoning?

Also similarly for INFP. I know they use the same cognitive functions, just in different ordering, so they are similar to each other. And it has been one of few I might have considered, but I'm not so sure of the dom Fi for INFP. Truthfully, Fi vs Fe is hard for me, as I'm just not sure at all which one I prefer and do use more (hello eternal indecisiveness, my old friend).

I actually watched some videos on some types last night, ENFP and INFP included, and I think I could relate more to INFP but still not completely. But I might be biased or something, so tear it apart and tell me how I'm wrong.

Thank you for your input.
Your writing style. Very much anecdotal and distracted. I said Ne-dom simply because you seemed more non-commital than anything, really.

If anything, you strike me as delta type. I'm probably just picking up moreso on the anecdotal Si. Consider xSTJ and xNFP.

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
Why didn't you ever consider xNFP? Honestly Fi-Te is visible from the start where you describe the picture er "objectively" (as in what is there) but infuse it with a personal "I like, reminds me" etc meaning.

Reactions: Raawx

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your writing style. Very much anecdotal and distracted. I said Ne-dom simply because you seemed more non-commital than anything, really.
I do tend to ramble when enjoying a conversation. If the subject is of interest to me and I actually get to say something I can go on and on. Which means that writing like this is a great way for me to talk about things without worrying about someone interrupting me. Also I don't really talk much anywhere else (be it in real life or anywhere else on the Internet) so I tend to make long posts so that most of what I want to say is there (though still forget many things, this is how it goes when you first think everything over and then decide to write it down..).

I do see the Ne. Not sure if dom but definitely somewhere high up there.

If anything, you strike me as delta type. I'm probably just picking up moreso on the anecdotal Si. Consider xSTJ and xNFP.
And then I went off to read more about delta type (and the rest of them because knowing more is never wrong). I can see myself somehow in it. Not everything, but it's not like you will always fit everything. I can say that I definitely see myself the least in Beta. Then Gamma. I do see some of myself also in Alpha. I remember doing the test on that site and from what I could remember they were all pretty much the same though (though we know how tests can be). My results were like Alpha, Beta, Gamma the same, Delta 2 scores less, I think? I also looked into each dichotomies to see which fits me best.

xSTJ, another thing to look into. It seems I have much researching to do still (on top of what I already did, but it's still not enough).

I suppose I'm too uncertain about what I actually value the most, what I want from life, that I end up questioning everything. Like I had to think over everything here, to check with everything I knew and what I learned new, and how does it fit in it all, and spent so much time just checking my post so many times to .

Though maybe should also look more into those functions, which appeals to me the most, which I do use the most. Ne and Si right now seem to be a good guess. Now the two others left, and their positions (still unsure about Fi and Te, would also need to look more into that)

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
@AyumiFey, absolutely! Look more into socionics: type descriptions, quadra descriptions, reinin dichotomies and Model B. IEE, EII, SLI, LSE. Those are all of the delta types. I've found Socionics to be so helpful. :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why didn't you ever consider xNFP? Honestly Fi-Te is visible from the start where you describe the picture er "objectively" (as in what is there) but infuse it with a personal "I like, reminds me" etc meaning.
I did consider INFP, as I said, as it feels as more introverted type, which fits me better. ENFP never really came to my mind, always striked me more as a people person, I don't know, and I just never saw myself in that. (of course I may be biased, and just go on stereotypes too much, as I still can't consider myself much knowledgeable about the functions and how they all work. I really need to think over them closely, see how they work more, and what I can see of myself in each of those).

When I do look at photos like this, I'm always drawn more to the way it looks. The reason I choose that one is because one day, if I could, I would love to live in a big city, as I come from a much smaller one, like really small compared to those. And things like colours and structure are the things that draw me in. Like there were so many photos of nature, sunsets and so on, which I always love, for their richness in colours and just for the simple aesthetic reasons. I like pretty things. That make me go "Ah, how beautiful" and how I would love to be there.

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
I party disagree with @Raawx on a part that your type could be STJ. Ne dom or aux for you from me. Seriously insane amount of text typed under the values points towards FP >>>>>> TP imho.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I party disagree with @Raawx on a part that your type could be STJ. Ne dom or aux for you from me. Seriously insane amount of text typed under the values points towards FP >>>>>> TP imho.
I mean, yes lots of Ne and Fi. Initial gut was ENFP; just wanted to keep options open is all! Who knows! Could just be a very well developed ISTJ.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@AyumiFey, absolutely! Look more into socionics: type descriptions, quadra descriptions, reinin dichotomies and Model B. IEE, EII, SLI, LSE. Those are all of the delta types. I've found Socionics to be so helpful. :)
I have been looking into Socionics and I suppose the results I have been getting were different from here that's why I'm so unsure. Maybe I have been wrong for all this time, or just what I actually might think doesn't get across how I would like to (I do find that I try to make up for my English as it's not my first language and I suppose I'm just not used to really talking about me in such details which leads to me having no idea where to even start. Can always find some time to fill other questionnaires, never too many data to pick apart, just to be thorough).

Will check all this, thanks!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Concerning values, to be honest, I have no idea really about what I value. I spent so much time on that question. You have no idea. Like what do I even value? I just felt the need to write something, and it got out of hand.

I mean, the honesty? Many I might not really care. I'm many times not honest myself, when I see that honesty would bring only bad things, like some conflict in the group, and if someone is not towards me I usually won't even care.

I had two friends, if you can call them that, in high school. One I know before high school (Elka, a girl from another class in middle school whom I kinda avoided back then, because she seemed so clingy, hate that), the other I met in high school (Wiolka). They became friends first while I hung around some people I knew better from before. Then I got to knew Wiolka better and we got on so well. Elka got a little behind, I suppose, though we were many times in bigger groups. In last, third year, of high school, we were pretty much the trio. And they would argue so much. I tried to keep a little distance from that, while maintaining good relations with both when they were in their fight modes. And this is where I would hear what the other supposedly though about me. Wiolka would tell me how Elka hates me, because she was friends with Wiolka first and I "stole" her from her. How she just didn't like my more passive and sometimes cold personality. Later I would get the same conversations with Elka. She would come and act as if she likes me, as if she really considers me a friend, tell me how Wiolka annoyed her with whatever their fight was. And then would also tell me how Wiolka also kinda disliked me, how she got bored with me. I was basically "friends" with two people who either hated me (in their words) or were bored with me. But I didn't really care (and I don't now looking back) that they were practically lying to me for months in our last year. I didn't want to confront them, because I though that there was no need. It was already the last year, we would go our ways after that and probably never see each other again so why bother. Oh, you don't like me? No big deal. I still enjoyed talking with both of them about interests. So there was no need for fights, and conflict there. I try to avoid conflict as much as I can. So I can't say I value honesty that much. Maybe if I were with someone in closer relationship, then yes, but usually I won't care much.

I think loyalty would fall into the same category. Would only care if it was someone really, really close to me. Other than that, no really.

I suppose freedom is still more true. I want to do my thing. I'll do something or not, but it will be my decision. I will think about things and then decide that to do and when and how.

Another mass of text, sorry about that. But yeah, I think the main reason I wrote there so much under values is mostly because I wanted to actually write something there, and not leave it empty. Though I did forget logic there (as I knew I would forget something, so I wrote wall of text of something I don't value that much and forgot what I do actually value). I like logical thinking. Feelings can be good too, but I'm too good with them actually in real life, and when people are too emotional and illogical that's really "no, no" to me and I have no idea how to deal with such people and prefer to stay away from them. What do you do with feelings really, I couldn't even comfort my roommate one time when she was crying, besides thinking how she should not mind the words of other people so much, which wouldn't really help much with my inability to make it comforting.. And would come out as more cold and distant.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I mean, yes lots of Ne and Fi. Initial gut was ENFP; just wanted to keep options open is all! Who knows! Could just be a very well developed ISTJ.
Options are always good! Never too little possibilities (though being able to decide on something in the end would be nice ;) ). I will then go and try to pick apart all of them (I can already see myself trying to fit myself into that type, look at things their way and see if that fits, as I did that few times in the past).

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
I've spent around 3 months thinking what I value and came up with loyalty, family&friends and humor. xD You know how much of self-digging that took? I feel like I should reward myself somehow.

In your friends situation I'd get em in one room and say "Now we fucking talk." :p Since I graduated I lost all of school friends except for 2. Gained others. *shrug* Relationship move around.

OK, I am more cemented in you being a FP. :|

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I agree with @Greyhart, the amount you write is staggering, and I could certainly never do that. You don't seem like a Ti type either, so ENFP is my guess. Love the avatar, btw. :laughing:
I almost feel sorry for people who actually read it all (okay, I might feel a little guilty, bless anyone who actually reads all that and wants to help). I many times want to write short responses but it soon turns into those monsters. I think it's that way the the start, when I want to give people more data to analyse, to fit me in categories they think I fit. I find it easier to analyse things when I have more data on that, then try to make sense of that, make some order, look for more clues then is lacking or find things that will disprove the analysis completely and look for new way.

Thanks! I'm really into manga/anime, and this guy is the main character from one of my fav series at the moment (I love it so much, so much to analyse, the Tarot meanings for characters at different parts of the series, how the series follows the Fool's Journey from Major Arcana of Tarot. Making theories what will happen next. This series just has what I like, on top of the main character that I love).

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
I almost feel sorry for people who actually read it all (okay, I might feel a little guilty, bless anyone who actually reads all that and wants to help). I many times want to write short responses but it soon turns into those monsters. I think it's that way the the start, when I want to give people more data to analyse, to fit me in categories they think I fit. I find it easier to analyse things when I have more data on that, then try to make sense of that, make some order, look for more clues then is lacking or find things that will disprove the analysis completely and look for new way.

Thanks! I'm really into manga/anime, and this guy is the main character from one of my fav series at the moment (I love it so much, so much to analyse, the Tarot meanings for characters in different part of the series, how the series follows the Fool's Journey from Major Arcana of Tarot. Making theories what will happen next. This series just has what I like, on top of the main character that I love).
Yeah, combined with my assurance of you being Ne heavy, and @Greyhart absolutely sure you have Fi+Te, I'd put my money on ENFP for you. As for writing long responses... I just can't. I find myself lost on what to write, simply because there's nothing left in my head. Really sucks when I have to write a 3 page essay. :frustrating:

Awesome! Yeah, there's so many things to dive into when it comes to that series, it's pretty awesome. I've only read a bit of the manga, though, I have this bias against manga. :dry: The main character is pretty cool too, he's not stereotypical at all, and actually gets deconstructed by the story, which is always exciting! Though it sucks when I say to my Christian friend 'hey, I'm interested in Tarot', and she's worried I'm going to communicate with demons. :frustrating: But now I'm rambling, YEAH.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've spent around 3 months thinking what I value and came up with loyalty, family&friends and humor. xD You know how much of self-digging that took? I feel like I should reward myself somehow.
I feel I have been doing that for years and still can't find much really.

In your friends situation I'd get em in one room and say "Now we fucking talk." :p Since I graduated I lost all of school friends except for 2. Gained others. *shrug* Relationship move around.
I probably would be too scared of that haha Like I can take knowing that, you can't please everyone, though I would prefer harmonious environment, but confronting them would be too much to me. I don't do well with those and depending on it could turn it into big fight, me shouting, and not being able to contain my feelings, emotions, which I usually repress, and I would hate that. Would hate becoming that emotional, and probably illogical on top. I know how I can get like this sometimes from some of my fight with my mother, she must always be right, even though I know there are times she wrong (and when she might be right I sometimes even go against what I actually think and argue with that. I don't have to agree with that point of view).

OK, I am more cemented in you being a FP. :|
I have always though I fit both which is why I forever had trouble deciding. Always think when I decide on something, something else could have been the right choice, because even though I think I'm right, it fits, I might still be wrong..

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
After reading few of the later ones even more FP. As for Fi dom vs Ne dom. Let's try this.

Generic inferior Si for both ENxPs

These sociotypes always move in the direction of places where there is physical comfort and constancy, pleasant sensations, and cannot deny themselves in this. Where they are physically comfortable, such places are good, even if they are very expensive. Love fine food, massage, rubbing. Having found one place where they feel comfortable, such as a restaurant - could go there for dinner across town. Avoid places which lack all of his needed physical facilities. Food lovers, slaves to their preferences and habits. If they have a sweet tooth, will consume sweets by kilograms. Often determines the state of their physical being by the words of others, easily suggestible by this. Sometimes can try to recreate at home the elements of the place where they felt most comfortable physically. Quickly become accustomed to the "good" and this becomes their weakness in the future - without it they cannot endure. Suggestible by authorities on issues of health - if he is told that he needs to have something treated, he will easily believe it. In this context, can fall prey to "snake oil physicians". May forget to eat on time or to take medicine, to sleep, thus are in need of caring parents or spouses.

Inferior Si specifically for ENFP

The IEE tends to be chronically unaware of his own bodily processes, including physiological sensations and a sense of balance and alignment with one's true desires. He sometimes has peculiar preferences or tastes, which he himself is unable to understand or fulfill. In terms of physical sensations, an IEE will almost always choose the familiar over the novel, because they know that the familiar is reliable in the positive sensation it delivers. An IEE will typically have a single item he orders at certain restaurants without fail; if he isn't in the mood for that item he doesn't eat there. He will stubbornly refuse to eat anything that he knows he does not like, refusing to try a "new recipe" of anything that he did not like before. The IEE would much rather sleep in his own bed than anywhere else as a matter of familiarity, but this preference never enters his mind when a friend invites him to stay the night, sometimes resulting in a lack of quality sleep that the IEE will forget about the next time around. IEEs almost never emphasizes his attractiveness or sexuality overtly and publicly, but dreams of being pleasing to the senses to at least a small circle of trusted friends and partners who are able to develop and enhance his sexuality and attractiveness in a trusting atmosphere. He often will obsess about his looks in front of the mirror, trying to get the right combination of preparedness and liberated comfort. It is embarrassing to come to an event overdressed, as the IEE would rather look like they simply came on a whim rather than over-prepared. They will usually undermine the time spent in preparation and will avoid speaking on the topic altogether. When getting sick, the IEE may stubbornly refuse or "conveniently forget" to take any sort of medicine. Their chosen method of dealing with sickness and physical discomfort is ignoring it until it can no longer be ignored. An IEE will frequently forget meals and sleep when excitedly working on a new project or in some sort of social gathering. Exhaustion, hunger, thirst, and full bladders will be ignored until the need is overwhelming and affects the IEE's concentration.

Generic inferior Te for both IxFPs

This person easily believes in facts and figures, often turn a deaf ear to everything but these. Keeps to places where he knows what to do in every situation. Suggestible by the external order of things, which is often the order that was in place during his upbringing: the political system, social norms, etc. Reacts sensitively to social changes: "God grant you do not live in an era of change." Always moves in the direction of highest order and carefully avoids chaos, is inspired by this order and worries that in future it might change. In this regard, may gravitate towards work in the military, which has the force of statute. It is important to him that the environment is always organized in accordance to rules and laws that he is accustomed to, that this order does not contradict the facts of objective reality. It is also important to know who should be in what position, what needs to be done, what documents must be collected, for what purpose, where they should be submitted, what is the correct way to fill them out. Feels most comfortable in situations where there is only one interpretation of correct action, without any admixture with elements of subjectivity: "in this such case, this should be done". Knowledge of the facts of the situation often replaces true understanding of the underlying problems. Understanding becomes superficial, simply a collection of surface data and statistics, laws and regulations. He does not like long and detailed explanations, will immediately interrupt and say: "So what is this in actuality?". He wants to get a working solution or order right away, not the rationale behind it. For example: "2x2=4." This is an already established rule. Likes terminology, you can sometimes talk to him only using some accepted terms and this will be sufficient. Does not like those who destroy the norms of behavior, for example, those who break the chain of command. Especially gets influenced by the facts that he sees with his own eyes or can touch with own hands. Thus he can fall victim to scams that provide specious claims and facts, especially if the scam is done out in the open ("simple dexterity of hands and no tricks").

And specifically for INFP

EIIs have a great admiration for people who are able to get things done neatly and efficiently in the outside world. They themselves consistently forget to consider whether their activities are actually achieving their intended goal, whether their time spent is bringing worthy proceeds, and whether their activities are organized in the most rational way. They subconsciously expect and appreciate it when others take interest in the effectiveness of their activities and helps to take an objective look at what they are doing.

EIIs are usually very curious and thirsty for information. When they have an interest in a particular topic or subject, they will try their best to read anything and everything about it in order to gain a thorough understanding.

They are willing to listen to anyone who is knowledgeable or has a brilliant idea to share regardless of whether that individual is an expert or authority in his/her field since they strongly believe that there are many perspectives in an issue.

Possibly helpful:
Ne dom
Ne dom from my perspective unfortunately it's also with Ti because I can't separate these 2.

Reactions: AyumiFey

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah, combined with my assurance of you being Ne heavy, and @Greyhart absolutely sure you have Fi+Te, I'd put my money on ENFP for you. As for writing long responses... I just can't. I find myself lost on what to write, simply because there's nothing left in my head. Really sucks when I have to write a 3 page essay. :frustrating:
Then I suppose this one is one the main I need to investigate more.

And I always have the problem with stopping writing, because I can say so much more, so many thoughts still. Which was bad for some cases, like English classes in high school, where the limit for stories/essays was 200-250 words as it's my foreign language. And I would find myself writing so much more sometimes and need to cut it down so much (my poor story about the 18th birthday party. I had The Birthday Massacre - Happy Birthday stuck in my mind when on that mock exam, and the birthday party turned into birthday massacre. No happy birthday for you).

Awesome! Yeah, there's so many things to dive into when it comes to that series, it's pretty awesome. I've only read a bit of the manga, though, I have this bias against manga. :dry: The main character is pretty cool too, he's not stereotypical at all, and actually gets deconstructed by the story, which is always exciting! Though it sucks when I say to my Christian friend 'hey, I'm interested in Tarot', and she's worried I'm going to communicate with demons. :frustrating: But now I'm rambling, YEAH.
I almost always prefer the original medium. It shows me the best what the author wanted to show us. In most cases it is manga. Anime is nice for motion and sound and to just enjoy, though many times it's inferior to manga.

I will always be more interested in series where I like the main character (obviously..) and with good storytelling where you can speculate about things, can theorise about characters and their relationships with other people. Make theories about missing characters and what happened to them and in what way can they come back and find proof for those and things against also. Sometimes I might even lose some interest in series when it starts to feel dragged out but will come back for theories and things like that (Shingeki no Kyojin, looking at you.. though finally getting better again).

I'm Christian, kinda, yeah, I suppose, and such statements are so illogical that they hurt my brain, my poor brain. I mean, my roommate freaking believes and uses Tarot cards for fortune telling a little, and she's also Christian, and she believes in Tarot and other spiritual things. What does Tarot even have in common with demons.

Good, got you rambling, plan succeeded :p

1 - 20 of 55 Posts