Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow ENFJ’s, and others!

I have a really tough time describing myself. I do not know how to answer personality related questions, nor telling what I am good at. This is not very convenient for doing MBTI-tests, or when having a job interview :-(. Is this FE/ENFJ related? Do you have the same? I envy those people who know who they are, and what they want ;-). I think I am an ENFJ though.

Eddy,

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,078 Posts
Are you quite young? I remember when I was about 18-20ish and didn't know what to say at interviews and stuff. It took me a while to really know who I was to the degree that I could articulate it well. Now I'm probably too detailed lol.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I have the same problem when I'm asked to describe myself or think of things interesting about myself. It's because we base our perception of ourselves off others. It's like I need some interpersonal context to know who I am. It's that Fe!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@kiwigrl: Well, I'm not old; but older than that ;-). I'm 27, but I'm a late bloomer for sure. Hopefully, things will improve someday.
@freezeframe: Yep, the same with me. It must be the FE then. Too bad that we get hurt by that :-(. I know I've tons of qualities, but I can't 'sell' them. How do you cope with this?

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,078 Posts
@Grandmaster_E I was thinking you might have some close friends who could help you to see what others see in you, you're strengths, skills, weaknesses.
I have an ESFP friend who is excellent at building people up and seeing the best in them etc and sometimes I was surprised by what she saw in me. She heled me to be more confident in a way and more sure of my strengths. I tended to play down my strengths but now I acknowledge them.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Hey fellow ENFJ’s, and others!

I have a really tough time describing myself. I do not know how to answer personality related questions, nor telling what I am good at. This is not very convenient for doing MBTI-tests, or when having a job interview :-(. Is this FE/ENFJ related? Do you have the same? I envy those people who know who they are, and what they want ;-). I think I am an ENFJ though.

Eddy,
I agree with what @freezeframe says and am adding on to it.

Who you are is not concrete, you will continue to change depending on the interpersonal connections whether through media or the tangible. I believe that as long as you feel comfortable with the culture you were raised in and the experiences you've helped design, that should be enough for the moments when you or other people question who you are in the world stage.

You might not fit into any of these types but still care for others. The questions are what you typically do and I think measure how a person reflexively/compulsively acts so you'll have to know yourself pretty well in order to answer these questions like you said. The MBTI is a good model of what a person's personality lies, but for personality there's other models such as the enneagram which is also really helpful.

What I've perceived from what you just wrote is a characteristic of the INFPs. If you are, you might be one or someone in that state of personality for this moment in time. The thing about the human condition is that we're pretty malleable when it comes to personalities and our behaviors because those are only states. In my opinion consciousness is divided into stages, that's not really relevant to your question so we'll leave it be. But I'll leave you with this perspective the more perspectives a person is exposed to, the more sHe will love and the more they'll be open to feelings aka vulnerability.

I have the same problem when I'm asked to describe myself or think of things interesting about myself. It's because we base our perception of ourselves off others. It's like I need some interpersonal context to know who I am. It's that Fe!
Here's something I found interesting about yourself, your profession helps others with their development of their self and their consciousness, which will eventually lead to a global mind and that is to be praised.

Reactions: Grandmaster_E

·
Registered
84 Posts
You don't know who you are because you're always focused on who OTHER people are. As Fe's, we tend to focus outward instead of inward. We listen to other people's opinions, and never form our own. At my job, we had someone pass away. I didn't feel anything. Not because I didn't care, but because I was so focused on how EVERYBODY ELSE felt, and was dealing with the loss, that I never stopped to think, "How do I feel about this?"
Take some alone time. Ask yourself questions. That should help.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
@freezeframe: Yep, the same with me. It must be the FE then. Too bad that we get hurt by that :-(. I know I've tons of qualities, but I can't 'sell' them. How do you cope with this?
Fe doesn't have to hurt. It doesn't really hurt more than any other trait. I'm actually really proud of my Fe - I think it helps me understand and respect people better.

In terms of selling yourself, Fe helps you work great in group settings and I'm sure you work well with others. Your J-ness helps you complete tasks on time. Those are things employers really want to hear.

http://personalitycafe.com/enfj-articles/12738-enfj-job-satisfaction.html

Look at the strengths of ENFJs and word them in ways an employer would understand.

In reality, my ENFJ-ness hurts or requires me to overcome things more in a personal or social sense than it does in a professional sense.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Here's something I found interesting about yourself, your profession helps others with their development of their self and their consciousness, which will eventually lead to a global mind and that is to be praised.
Thanks :) Eventually/potentially making the world a better place one person at a time lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts