Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay apparently I found out well I actually knew all along
That I am a ENTJ, basically a strategist and a leader.

So now is the question. Who would be most suited for me.
and how do I attract them.

If this thread has been discussed please point me to the
right direction. Or answer here.

My fellow ENTJ guys what kinds of soulmates worked out
and which didnt. Let me know your experiences

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
Allegedly INTPs are the best match for ENTJs, but I think you would have to meet a very special INTP. Probably an ENTJ should best be paired with another J type (preferably Je) like ENFJ or ESTJ, but if you're tolerant, you could work with NFPs and NTPs... just be prepared to put up with a lot.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Do you seriously consider asking every girl you meet what her type is? And if she turns out to be I dunno... personally I find it most difficult to get along with INFJs... of a certain type, you would dump her?

If so, sorry darling, but I advise you to reconsider if you are ready to enter the dating scene.

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
I should clarify that using MBTI as a dating preference really does sort of ignore the fundamentals of that, i.e. do you get a long really well with someone? I mean I would date an ISFJ if I really liked them regardless of the clash of MBTI.

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
according to the theory INFPs and INTP's.

I know an entj married to an isfp.

They generally tend to think that they would work best with other J's. This is mostly an intellectual decision rather than one based on their emotions I think. What I think they don't really realize is that P's can use their J function too.

ENTJ= Te Ni Se Fi

INTP=Ti Ne Si Fe

notice the intp has Fe as a judging function. They use it... they relaly do..... especially the women

INFP=Fi Ne Si Te

INFP's have Te.... which is your first function... so you can help them cultivate that... and they can help you cultivate Fi

Also ENTJ's seem to like ISTJs a lot. I think if you are going to go for a J then that would be a good bet. They are quiet but still very responsible and most likely easy for you to get along with.

But in general? Go with the vibe. Each individual person is different ..... MBTI is...... kind of like what they say in pirates of the carribean....."arggh they be more like guidelines". You were programmed to know what you are attracted to. When you see it...you'll know. You don't really need to type someone with your mind to know you are attracted or that you could be attracted. I wouldn't use mbti to make a decisions but to rather understand your decision. But that's just my opinion.

Good look on your love quest!

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I get along with INTJs best, but whether that translates as ... good relationship material, I'm not sure.

·
Registered
782 Posts
according to the MBTI pairing theory, it is INFP. you need to have the N function in common and the rest opposite. that is the optimal relationship/match.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Ideal Soulmate: one that you can put up with (and vice versa)

It largely depends on the individual (you as well as the potential mate). Do you want a submissive significant other or one that is right behind you? This could impact your preferences.

I personally like Js because I want someone to help me live an organized, structured life and doesn't just go along with whatever I say. I also like introverts, because I don't want to compete over attention. As for N/S and T/F, it depends on the individual - I prefer them to be in the middle rather than have a strong preference.

A strong S or F would drive me crazy, and so would a strong T probably.

*shrug*

·
Registered
675 Posts
Who would be most suited for me. and how do I attract them.
You don't know your own desires?

This reminds me of bad jokes about behaviorists having sex. When everything is finished, one behaviorist remarks to the other: "It was great for you. How was it for me?"

·
Registered
478 Posts
I get along with INTJs best, but whether that translates as ... good relationship material, I'm not sure.
True? I clash with them badly.

ENFP works for me. Bubbly, hyperactive, great sense of humour, fun-loving (not necessarily punctual or organized, but they're willing to be helped)...I'd probably hate to date anyone like myself.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
True? I clash with them badly.
Yes. It's kind of a running joke in my girl-friend circle that I 'collect' INTJs. I would meet new people/friends and some would stick, afterwards when I asked them to take the test, they'd test as INTJs.

It's probably my 3w2? I'm not (usually) confrontational and maybe it helps.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I've never had a girlfriend take the MBTI while we were dating, but I know that my last roommate was an INTP and we lived together quite easily. When we went shopping she and I functioned together well and in general, we looked to one another for advice in situations we couldn't handle alone. She has been a close friend of mine for years and we have always been this way, even before we lived together.

The last girl I dated took the test for me after we split up (we're still friends.. kind of) and it turns out she is an INFP. I have never been so incompatible with another person as I was with her. She was never anywhere on time and was scatter-brained to a ridiculous degree. Even her friends often became frustrated with her and would tell me that they felt she was irrational and inconsiderate because of her inability to be on time when they were doing her favors, or to take into account the fact that others needed to be somewhere on time after giving her a ride to the store or something.

When it came to personal problems between her and me, this INFP girl almost seemed to make up problems. She complained that I basically didn't tell her every single thought that went through my head, claiming that I never communicated with her and the other things she complained about made no sense whatsoever. I couldn't ever tell why she was upset, really, and it became frustrating quickly. When I called things off (after about three weeks) she became overly emotional and started implying that I had used her and such.. Worst dating experience ever.

I'm not saying that INFPs are all this bad, but I will definitely be cautious about dating another one.. I personally prefer to be around Thinking types. I find that even on a friend level, I never really have much to talk about with Feeling types or will easy get annoyed with their edginess and inability to think things through without becoming an emotional mess (although I do have one good friend that is a Feeling type).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.