Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
MOTM June 2012
9,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know all of you guys a little bit better. But not surface things, like favorite color, favorite food, cats or dogs ect. I want to know the person behind all those great posts, behind that smile you don't show enough, behind that wall you put up to the outside world. INFPs, Who Are You? I know you're deep so let's get deep. I'll go first.

1. When did you first realize there was evil in the world?
Sitting at my Grandma's house reading a picture book about the Holocaust, and watching on TV footage of Japaneese soildiers torturing American POWs. I was pretty young, maybe 5 years old or so.
2. What's your first memory you have of love?
When my mother was holding me in her arms as an infant, looking out over the lights of Mexico City at night, before she was to adopt me.
3. What do you want your legacy to be, once you depart from this world?
That I lived with great courage. That I loved. That weather it was pain or pleasure, joy or sorrow, I lived it to the extreme.
4. Name one reason why you would be a great friend, a great lover, and if you want kids, a great parent.
I'm a loyal friend, and would do anything at the drop of a hat for my friends. I'm a passionate sexual lover and I love to please as well as be pleased. As a parent, I'd be very loving and supportive, and a great role model.
5. What is your greatest ideal, the one that really gets you heated when someone disagrees?
We all deserve love, and happiness, and good things. Especially the underdogs, the outcasts, the rejected ones, the broken ones, the ones who live day to day in despair, in hopelessness, in need. Those are the ones who are most deserving of it most. My heart goes out to them because for most of my life I have been one of them.
6. What's the kindest thing someone could ever say to you?
You're the best thing that's ever happened to me.
7. What is the childhood memory that you would play again and again on repeat whenever you felt down, if you could?
Memories of going on adventures around town with my Father at night, while my mom worked late into the evening. Going to the mall, to get soup, get pizza, building forts and watching The Polka Dot Door alone in the family room while he made dinner.
8. If you were to be born in another era, another age, which one would you want to be born into?
The age of discovery, when everything was wild, untamed and unknown. I would revel in the adventure and the imagination.

9. What's been your greatest joy in this life?
Being brought into a loving family, surrounded my caring friends, and thrown into unforgettable experiences. I have a feeling that being Blessed by Mother Teresa as an infant may have had a hand in all this.
10. What's been your greatest struggle in this life?
Finding my own deep sense of confidence in myself, and learning to Forgive others and myself.
11. What does happiness mean to you?
Being acepting of myself, and being accepting of the fleetingness of all things, cherishing the beauty of life and living in the moment.
12. What's been your biggest regret up untill now?
Not being close with my sister when we were growing up. The best that I can do now is to make up for lost time.
13. What do you love about being an introvert?
I love how I'm the one person who makes me the most happy, I love how I entertain myself with my imagination. I love how I dream and think. I love that I am full of wonder.
14. What's the one thing you wish people would notice about you?
My capacity for pain, and my inner strength that gets me through it.

15. Name the moment that changed your life.
Waking up in a hospital bed after passing out at the wheel. I didn't kill anyone but I nearly died myself. It made me realize how precious life is.

17. Name 7 words that describe you.
Passionate. Intense. Loyal. Creative. Sexual. Brooding. Dreamer.

18. What most makes you sad about this world, this life?
How fleeting everything is, how everything beautifull and pure comes out of pain and how all good things come to an end one way or another.

19. What makes you smile, and feel warm inside?
Listening to the rain, watching the trees change in fall, watching the clouds float by on a summers day, becoming lost in the shimmer of dreams and the bright flashes of memories.

20. What first stirred your imagination, and caused you to dream?
Reading books about Pirates, and distant unknown lands, books of adventure like Where The Wild Things Are, learning about all the mysteries of the world.
21. What gives you hope, and awakens you to live?
I'm still young, so there is still the promise of the Great Adventure, The Great Love Affair, The Great Calling ect.
22. What would you say to yourself at 7 years old?
Hang in there Buddy, there will be dark days ahead. Cherish this time, these moments, for they will get you through your great moments of despair. One day, you will clutch the memory of this age like, and the deeper you fall into sadness, the brighter these days will seem. Hold on to your innocense, because it is burning up like a dead star.
23. What's something that others find sad or dark, that you are fascinated by?
I've allways been drawn to suicide. There is something haunting about it, that draws me to it.
24. If you could do this whole thing all over again, would you change anything?
I don't think I'd change a damn thing, except maybe I'd change it so the doctors wouldn't have knicked my growth plate during surgery as a child. I hate being short.
25. Say something inspirational to your fellow INFPs.
Never in my whole life have I met people who were such radiant souls. You all are so beautifull, strong, intelligent, and full of the best parts of life. No matter what your story, your pain and struggles, know that you are strong and inside you is the deep inner flame that burns like a torch in the night. That deep inner fire is what sets you apart from the rest. You are a rare and beautifull breed. So sit back, smile, and know that you are loved. <333
26. If you had the chance to be immortal, would you do it?
No. I couldn't stand to watch everyone close to me die off one by one continuously forever.

27. What's the one moment of your life that brings you the most joy when you look back on it, the one you would replay again if you were about to die?
There's not one moment, but tiny flashes, small glimpses of my childhood that I cherish. Memories of my Father and I playing with toys before dinner, or my Mother and I at a park, having a picnic on a summers day. Standing alone in my backyard, staring skyward, lost in wonder as the world, the years, whirl by me. That is what comes to me in my deepest reveries, when I close my eyes and try to imagine for a while, a more innocent time and place.

So, my fellow INFPs, Who Are You?

·
Registered
4,636 Posts

....hm... this is a good question... i can't remember...

I wanted to say when I was little I was sitting on my mom's shoulders and I told her I love her more than my dad, and she told me that's ok but not to tell my father.
of course the love in the story is my mom's, not mine.
also i do not feel this way anymore at all, I was little and stupid.

I intend to make change by using my influence; we'll see.

4. Name one reason why you would be a great friend, a great lover, and if you want kids, a great parent.
This feels so self-exultatory... and once things are put into words, they never seem as true. So I guess I don't really want to answer.

5. What is your greatest ideal, the one that really gets you heated when someone disagrees?
tolerance for those who are different; someone weaker, someone sharper, race, gender, whatever, I can't stand seeing people jump on a bandwagon to bring someone or a group down. i think it the most pathetic of all impulses and it has to do with making yourself feel good and licking your own insecurities as you laud your strengths by making someone else look worthless.
maybe making someone worthless could be something that sets me off
and speaking for others and especially me makes me angry.
idk, generalizations about this kind of thing suck.

"You're real"

7. What is the childhood memory that you would play again and again on repeat whenever you felt down, if you could?
I don't think I would want to do that, as it is, I don't reply childhood memories.

8. If you were to be born in another era, another age, which one would you want to be born into?
a time that would allow my early adulthood to be in the 60s or 70s

understanding myself and making myself understood

I guess my sense of self is dependent on being understood because my main goal is to understand myself, so being mis-represnted kills me and others perceptions of me ends up really mattering, even if I know they are wrong, which is frustrating becaues I see myself as strong in my sense of self. It's this weird paradox.

everything being in it's right place
nah, that's a song...
too complicated, has something to do with being my best self I suppose.

:(

idk, it's just the way I am!

I don't know, people notice all they things I want them to, at least, the people who have mattered and stuck around. Someone told me recently you don't need everyone to like you; I guess i'll carry that one step farther and say you don't need everyone to get you.
but if I could only have one person in my life though, I'd want them to notice my strength is honesty about myself, even if it is not always voiced to others as it is not always appropriate or good to share, but always to myself, about my faults, motivations, stengths, and experiences, and that I do not judge for their non-pretty motivations or thoughts/feelings, but expect and sense them anyways

there's been several turning points
maybe one day i'll go perfect circle...

I Am Getting Tired Of Defining Myself

Disparity between what I wish to communicate and what I can
disparity between people
our collective ignorance, cruelty, and the damage we cause to this planet
when i say sometihng that's right and no one can get it, for whatever reason
mutual understanding, a meeting of the minds/souls
thinking of specific things people I loved have said that made me loved them
just people or moments of perfect harmony I guess, it's hard to explain, where my insides match the outsides

it seemed to go wild-fire from the get go, but manga/anime was an early passion that gave me an outlet to draw and dream.

strength, new experiences, connections to others, new lessons

Seven.... um.... nothing. I was perfectly happy and I knew all I needed to know, ever, except maybe how I effect others. Wouldn't interefere with that. Childish innocence.

body diagrams, basic human aloneness in experience, to some extent suicide as an act of reclaiming, i'm sure there's others

well no that's what my edit button is for

There is nothing wrong with you and everything in this life you want you are capable of having.

hell no
existence is made meaningful by a deadline, same way a story is given meaning by it's conclusion. otherwise there is no moral or end goal to achieve.

27. What's the one moment of your life that brings you the most joy when you look back on it, the one you would replay again if you were about to die?
I was about to die, I would try to bring myself to a state of grace. I would systematically thank everything in this life i have been given, accept myself and others, love this world and my life, and go in a state of total gratitude. there isn't really a memory i'd want to conjure.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
It must have been when i was about 5 or 6. That Dr. Claw was such a mean guy.

I don't remember either... my early childhood was full of hugs and snuggles.

Legacy? Lol i'm not a fucking world leader. I'll be happy knowing that after i die, the people who love me will remember me fondly and that not too many people will be glad that i'm dead.

I have a deep capacity for caring for other people.

That everybody should be treated with some degree of dignity, like a human being.

That i'm a good person. Lucky me, people actually have said that ^_^

There isn't a particular memory that stands out to me because there are too many good ones, but i do miss the general feeling of always being surrounded by people who love me.

Ancient Greece. You get to wear a toga which enables you to let your balls float in the breeze without getting a restraining order, people are actually interested in your philosophy, the gods are badass and when you go out to watch a play there are no morons talking on their cellphones.

Loving and being loved. foverevalone.jpg

Believing in myself enough to achieve self-actualization.

Being accepting of myself, and being accepting of the fleetingness of all things, cherishing the beauty of life and living in the moment. << i just copied your answer because it's beautiful.

Wasting so much time being insecure and passive.

Being able to enjoy being alone.

That i'm not fragile. I may be vulnerable in some ways, but i'm a grown ass man and i can take care of myself. There's not a whole lot you can say that will really hurt my feelings, i'm resilient and confident enough to hear what you have to say without crumbling into a pile of self-pity... but i get the feeling people don't always recognize that in me as much as they recognize my sensitivity.

I don't recall a single moment that turned it all around, it's been more of a process, a vast collection of experience. Even in times where i've changed very much very quickly, i don't think it would be realistic to attribute that change to a single moment.

Calm, introspective, easy-going, optimistic, dreamer, passionate, empathic.

Cruelty and dehumanization of any form. Unrealized potential in myself and mankind as a whole.

Any form of human kindness, more than anything. But plenty of little things can make me smile.

These brains :p
Seriously, i've been a dreamer for as long as i can remember. I claimed i was from another world when i was 3 years old, that before i was born i lived on another planet. I called it Erfland, which i much later found out is an old term for "promised land". True story. So yeah, basically i'm a prophet. I can't change water into wine, but i can change wine into something that vaguely resembles a puddle of soup on the floor.

Seeing other people being awesome. Reminding myself that i'm awesome.

"Follow your dreams. You can be anything you want to be. Don't let other people tell you what to do. You can even build a time machine!"
You know, that sort of thing. I'm not sure if i'd really listen to me though. It's not like i could say "listen closely because i'm you from the future", because my 7-year old self would run for our dear life.

Some of the music i listen to, books i read or films i watch.
Watching things die -- not things that i've killed, i'm not a psychopath... i'm talking about things like a bee or a pigeon dying from natural causes (presumably; you can never rule out heroin addiction). It's kind of sad, but it's also rather beautiful and serene. I can watch that for hours.

Give shorter answers, because these are a lot of questions :p
Really though... That question is impossible to answer. It implies that when living my life again, i would have the knowledge and experience i've gained the first time around that would enable me to decide to do things differently in the first place. Of course i would do things differently if i knew then what i know now, but i didn't. If i did, i'd have a different life with different experiences and after having lived that life for a while i'd undoubtedly look back and think of things i'd like to have done differently this time around... and that would be the case in the next life, ad infinum. I'd probably go insane. Haven't you seen the Butterfly Effect?

Go team!

No.

If i knew i was about to die, i'd probably have better shit to do than to watch a movie i've already seen.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I'm not sure......probably when I realized I was never going to get everything I want in this world. I'm filled with some very altruistic ideas....unfortunately it takes billions to tango with those kinds of aspirations.
Hmm, my childhood memory is fuzzy. Guess when I contemplated over the fact of why my new-ish baby sister was hugging (euphemism:tongue:) my mom all the time.
That I fought for my own reasons. That I was generally a good guy who fucked up every once in a while. That I succeeded in accomplishing a few of the things that are important to me.
Experience with the rough times.
Free will, more from an individual standpoint than the definition derived from philosophy. I'd rather people be able to make their own choices, struggle for it, and win. Any kind of serious transgressions over that gets me inflamed pretty quick. I'll admit there's quite a few contradictions with it. It's not absolute whatsoever.....more like a vast murky sea of circumstance.
Hypothetically-I can be myself around you. What has happened......"You're too perfect."
Oh probably when I got my first girlfriend. :blushed:
Meh, I like the here and now. The past is filled with high and low points.....but dear god were the amneties sucky.
That I keep achieving the small goals in my life leading up to the larger ones which will eventually lead to my ideal life. Slowly but surely.
Finding out how I want to live my life, figuring out how to carry that out, and sticking with the plans without being too obstinate and stupid.
Financially independent, steady jobs I enjoy, and a family. With travel and love of learning spread here and there sporadically.
Her.
That I can at least figure out what's going wrong in my life and how I can adjust quick enough.
My achievements. Yeah......it's a trend, I'm highly ambitious.
When I nearly killed myself and 6 others. Not a day goes by where I don't think about it at least briefly.
Obstinate, compassionate, reflective, sensual, goofy, intelligent, and resilient.
The struggles people endure day in and day out. Comparisons between those struggles by idiots prosyletizing their "way" for life.
Seeing parents with their kids, couples in the honeymoon phase, music, and seeing new sights and sounds.....Oh and a good novel with a cup of coffee near by.
The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas.
Each day I get a lil closer to realizing my own ambitions.
Keep going, don't be so afraid of everything, and sleep in more often.....you're gonna need that extra energy later in life. Oh.....start weightlifting in middle school.
Suicide notes. They're melancholic but most are written eloquently, passionately, and rationally. It sucks, feels like I'm intruding on their privacy, but I can't exactly resist some times.
A few......but most likely no. All that has transpired has helped shaped the person I am today.
“He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
Sure. Wise man at the top of Everest sounds like a great job title.
There's a couple....more than likely just simple flashes of friends and family I've had the pleasure of meeting and being with.

·
Banned
554 Posts
@KindOfBlue06

being in an "evil" world isn't a bad thing. not entirely. i don't remember. i don't think this world is evil. i do think there are questionable people in the world.

my first memory? i don't recall any. im not sure what love is. i can like though. i liked my father's extensive watch collection!

i don't see it as a legacy, but to know everything. have the answers to questions i have in life.

i am loyal. i am pretty great. loyal, honest.*

i like when someone disagrees. gives me the opportunity to absorb different information. i can't be around mind-sets that are aligned to mine. i need a challenge.

lots of people say kind things to me. i don't have a favorite phrase. it goes in one ear and out the other. it's their opinion really.. doesn't necessarily reflect on what's important - what i think.
greatest childhood memory?
taking my sister to the park.*

i would be born in the 60's-70's.

greatest joy? being here. it's not a joy. but it's contentment.

what does happiness mean to me? i don't know what that is. contentment is what i do know however. what does that mean to me? a smooth ride, figuratively.

i do not have any regrets. i cannot change what happened. i can learn.

me time.

i doubt anything makes me sad about this life.*

i am not 7 years old.

yes i would like to be immortal.*
that gives me advantage. it's freedom.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Not sure if anyone's gonna read this because of its length, but I have nothing to do at work today, so let 'er rip!

I distinctly remember 5th grade, I'm the new kid in school. There's a bully. I didn't know he was a bully. I played a harmless prank on him. He kicked me and yelled at me. I cried and cried and cried and felt terribly alone and disgraced. Disillusioned, would be the word.

I can remember seeing my mom crying. I don't know how old I was. Young enough to be sitting (or maybe standing) on her lap and looking into her face as she cried. I asked her why she was crying and she said it was because my dad hurt her feelings and made her feel like "a bad mommy". I remember hugging her and telling her she wasn't a bad mommy and that I loved her. I really meant it. .... oh this is making me cry....

I would like for the music I have recorded to live on and to be enjoyed by other people after I am dead. Also, I want my kids and possible grandkids to speak fondly of me and have good memories to pass on.

I am very understanding.

When people put others down because they lack empathy.
But as for something more controversial, I am passionate for gay rights. Also passionate for quality health care for everyone. I think the US needs to adopt a policy like they have in Canada and countries in Europe when it comes to healthcare. No one should be forced to lose their life savings because they develop an illness. Healthcare should be a communal effort on everyone's part. Not individually. We should all give a shit about each other and want people to be healthy. I think it is pure evil that it is not this way already.

um.... I don't know. How about, 'You have made a difference in my life.' or 'you mean the world to me.'

I don't sit down and replay memories in my mind. But every once in a while I reminisce about 4th grade, when me and my best friend would set up the video camera and dress up, pretending to be a weird family that no one liked or understood. It was so fun.

I'd like to be in my late teens/early 20's around the end of the '60s and beginning of the '70s.

Not sure... perhaps the feeling of security I have from being married and loved. I know that I matter to people, and that feels good.

I get moody and depressed every once in a while and that can be hard. I turn reckless and stop caring about anything or anyone. I feel like the world is an evil place and everything seems hopeless and bleak. But luckily, I haven't felt like that in a while. Maybe I'm getting better at controlling those feelings.

Feeling connected to others, feeling loved and appreciated, also being able to express my love and appreciation for others freely and not feeling held back or discouraged. I guess just feeling the love and giving it out! That seems like happiness to me.

12. What's been your biggest regret up until now?
I'm going to have my first baby in Sept, so I guess you could say up until now, I haven't had a kid, which is something I always wanted. But I don't necessarily regret not having one until now. I think now is the right time. If you wanna talk stupid little regrets, I regret not buying this truck I saw for sale a year ago. ... :)

Having a sense of self, knowing that even when I am alone, I can find ways to get by and I'm not going to go crazy from lack of company. Also, I like naturally being protective of myself, not always sharing everything with the world. I think that's more respectable than someone who blabs constantly about themselves to anyone who will listen.

That I care about them more than they probably realize.

hmmm... there isn't just one moment. Maybe when my husband said he would marry me. It was a joyous occasion. I really didn't think he would say that. But he did. It was awesome.

understanding, empathetic, thoughtful, moody, curious, perceptive, emotional

That some people seem to be incapable of empathy for their fellow human being. That people can be cruel and heartless and even enjoy being that way. Also, that the people in power are there because they have the most money.

My cats, when they are purring and happy and sitting on my lap. Also, when the people I love tell me that they love me. And when I am in a group of friends and I take a step back and remark to myself how lucky I am to be with these wonderful people. How beautiful everyone is in their own way. I am easily filled with love and affection, and it's a good thing. :)

Probably my cat, or my stuffed animals. They were like little friends and I could give them any character I wanted, any personality traits, any name, anything. The possibilities were endless. I loved thinking up new characters for my stuffed animals or my toy cars.

when I think about the future and how I would like to end up like my grandma some day. She is an inspiration to me.

Remember to always think of how other people feel before you do anything mean to them. I would try to teach myself empathy earlier.

Dead animals? If it wasn't considered weird, I would go right up to road kill or dead animals and poke around at them, pet them, see what I could see. I used to do that when I was little and my mom would have a fit, "Don't play with dead animals! They are full of germs! You are going to get sick!" But I was just curious. I still am.
And if it wasn't so expensive and weird, I probably would have had my cat taxidermied after it died. But I didn't. Oh that's another thing. I am fascinated by taxidermy. As much as I am against hunting just to kill things, I love going to those woodsy bars and restaurants that have taxidermy everywhere, or to the taxidermy museum. I would collect that stuff if it wasn't so expensive and if it didn't symbolize killing. I love fur, I love dead animals (and live ones, of course). It's weird, I guess.

This survey? No. And if I did, I would just go back and change it.

You are beautiful people. Don't let anyone ever tell you something different.

No. I don't want to have to watch everyone I love die.

I was in an all-female rock band once. When we had our last show, it was truly the most fun I have ever had. The crowd was great, the other bands were amazing, all my friends were there and we played our best. I would do that again in a heartbeat. It was magical.

·
Registered
41 Posts
When I realized there was evil in myself. I found that I did not live up to the image of myself I created as a child. I was raised catholic and a lot of their values got imprinted onto me, and I was shocked to see that as I grew I was not magically adhering to them. I came to realize that if I can be tempted, then so can anyone else, and so will everyone else. This one sort of came gradually over the course of many many years.

I think back and I don't really recall a lot of love. Though I know it was there. My parents were always fairly affectionate, but for some reason I can't pull any specific instances. Maybe I took it for granted at the time. If you mean romantic love, then it would be when I met my first love four years ago. It was a strange moment because we weren't really together at all yet. I knew something was about to happen, I knew I felt something, I couldn't let myself admit it was love, but somehow I knew instantaneously.

That no matter what I kept moving, and that I had something to say.

I pretty much listen to anything my friends have to say. I feel like I'm not being a good friend if I don't see to it that they find peace. I like to know people intimately. In a relationship, and it all goes well, I pretty much dedicate part of my life to the relationship and making it work. I live for the moments where I feel close to my other and I do anything to make it happen. I know I could be a good parent because I would probably do anything I could for my kids. I'd probably spend every ay of the 9 months my wife is pregnant researching what it means to be a good dad, and I would plan how to handle certain situations and how to bring out the best of my kid. I just hope my wife has some balls and can shell out punishment, because the kid can't have two overly nurturing mothers.

That everyone is sacred. In everyone is a soul capable of everything, and feels and thinks just like you do. If someone is down talking someone I have respect for, you can bet I'll speak up on their behalf.

I love you.

My pretend adventures with my old best friend on the school playground. How we saved the world from evil everyday during lunch and recess.

Maybe the age of greek philosophers. I would love to be a student of theirs. Maybe I'd like to be born in the east, for their spiritual understandings. I'd love to be a student of art in the renaissance period if I could.

My first love. I never felt a connection with anyone like I did with her. I don't know how to sum it up in a short answer. She was the most beautiful person I ever met. She was the only person I've met who I actually felt real love from. The kind I dreamed about in my head.

The death of the aforementioned girl. She died a little more than a month ago, and I'm still working through it. I've settled into a good place with the grief and am just taking it one day at a time, but I think that I'm probably ruined for relationships for a little while. It takes time.
Happiness to me is being content. When your problems are there, but they're smaller than usual. When your friends are there, and you know it. When your heart can love without restraint. That moment after the climax of a movie, where the dramatic tension has ended, and you know the movie will end soon and you're okay with it, where you can be as happy as you want for the main character because he struggled and he won. That moment to me is happiness.

Not reaching out to the people who reached out to me as a child. I probably missed out on a lot of friends. I know I missed out on a girlfriend or two doing this.

I love the richness of the internal world. Its kind of like a garden you spend your whole life growing. It's my own personal place, and all of the beauty I want others to see grows here. Everyone else has a garden, even if they're an extrovert, and I like to see theirs, with hope they'll want to see mine.

That I'm going to be fine. That I'll always find meaning and purpose.

I don't think I've had any one moment that drastically changed my life. If I remember one I'll come back and change this.

Creative. Falling. Soldier. - . Soul. Lesson. Archaic.

How there are people who go to the trouble of making something like nuclear weapons. If there was one thing in the world I could change it would be the removal of all bombs.

Just the right kind of music. If I'm walking in the right place, and the music plays that perfect melody, I'm at peace.

Video games. When I was four I got my first one, and many followed. In grade school I had hopes of making my own, and I created ones in my head with epic tales of heroes and their battles. Thats how I knew I wanted to do something creative with my life.

There might be a pretty girl out there, and if its meant to be, I'll meet here. I'm not going to see it happen in front of a computer though.

I wouldn't tell him who I am, but I would probably talk to him. Ask him what he wants to do. I'd probably look at him and think about everything that's going to happen, everything thats still to happen, then hug him, because he's going to wish that someone will. He's going to do fine.

The occult. I believe that the occult is a gateway into ourselves as a people, into our subconscious. If any of you have read Carl Jung you know what I mean.

It is what it is, if I changed it it wouldn't be anything close to this.

If I we were sent to war, I would fight alongside all of you any day. We would do something incredible and not fire a single bullet.

Define immortal. My mortal body will never die? No. In a way we're already immortal, if you believe in souls.

I'd think of my first love before I take my final breath. I'd think of all the times she told me she loved me, all of her paintings, all of those nights I spent with her on the computer, that locket with my name in it she never told me about, I'd think about love. Then I'd let go, and hopefully my soul will know where to go.

This is if I were to die today. Who knows who I'm yet to meet.

·
Registered
34 Posts

I don't really remember. I know I was obsessed with WWII when I was 5 but I don't think I learned what evil was from that. I honestly have no idea. I mean, i knew that certain cartoon characters were evil and stuff but I didn't know what that related to in real life.

Again, I'm not sure. My family aren't very huggy or expressive people.

If this is relevant, my first crush was in 2nd grade. He helped me climb a tree :)

That I was a good, kind, helpful person, passionate about my interests, and made other people happy.

I'm good at keeping secrets, non-judgmental, and loyal. I genuinely care about others and I like having fun. I enjoy teaching people new things and learning from them at the same time.

Cruelty in any form really makes me angry. Even if it's a supposedly minor thing like name-calling.

That I made them happy :3

Feeding ducks at a pond and playing with frogs all day.

The early 1900s. So many scientific discoveries were occurring at that time, combined with major historical events, and I want to be part of that. This is true of a lot of other time periods too, but I think this is the best.

Knowing that the people I care about give me opportunities to become a better person.

My horrible self-image, anxiety, and lack of confidence.

Feeling every single sensation from your surroundings and being content.

Hiding my feelings and not being closer to certain people.

I don't have to rely on others for my entertainment all the time and I feel that introvert activities (reading, listening to music, etc) are more personally satisfying than activities involving other people.

I am quite friendly once you get to know me, even though I value my personal space.

My best friend dying.

Stubborn, passionate, affectionate, kind, inquisitive, caring, sensual.

The amount of injustice and the fact that nothing lasts forever and everything is constantly changing.

Watching animals (especially kittens), eating baked goods, reading a good book when it's raining outside, the smell of trees, a good hockey fight, cute couples and kids.

The very first book I read: Curious George Rides a Bike.

My life has barely started and there is so much I can do with it.

Nothing. I don't want to make my 7 year old self worry about the future.

I love reading about diseases and disorders and I am not grossed out by gore at all.

No. I don't know what to change.

You're the only one of you out there, and the fact that you're an INFP makes you even more unique. You have the capability to feel and empathize more than many others and your creativity and inherent traits will take you far.

Perhaps out of curiosity, but I'd like a death switch in case I ever wanted to die.

Having fun at the beach, giggling on the phone, a certain kiss, playing with a cat. Just special memories.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I haven't been here for what feels like ages, so I might as well reintroduce myself I guess

I don't believe in 'evil', I've certainly had negative things happen to me though, probably when I was 6 or 7 during school, that was one hell of a period. School for me is a endless memory of abuse, fights and isolation.

I think the first real clear memory I have of truly feeling cared for and loved would be when my dad 'had a talk' with one of the worst 'offenders' in school, that really helped, of course, it started again after a while.. at least I had one week of quiet, that meant a lot.

I'd like to be known as a man who was true to his word, who stood up for friends and family and was generally a good impact on his surrounding. As one who stepped down and pulled up those that couldn't find the stairs away from suffering.

I like to think I'm capable of some great insight, having a wide perspective on most things, being a persistent son of a bitch, communicating honestly and always being around when people need me. I also do know my (potential) kids are in for one hell of a ride if I ever get any, I'm most likely not going to be a traditional role-model parent.

I have this vengeful streak, abusers will be abused so to speak, I really hope I don't ever witness an assault of some kind, won't go well.. at all.

You tell me, I've never really gotten that good at compliments etc. Haven't really had much experience in hearing/giving those :rolleyes:

Probably one of the fantasies about characters I met in books, about their life as it could continue once the book ended.

There are two contenders for that, first of all Ancient Greece, I think I would fit right in there with the philosophers. Secondly the Viking ages, I would probably become a skald, making verse and story rivaling Snorri!

Books, oh I love you, my home away from home. Music, my muse and sun always shining for me when I need you. Friends, my walls that keep the winds of war but a sound in the background.

To not go insane I guess, however I'm not done yet.. I still might lose.

Complete peace of mind, no clouds hiding the sun, something at hand that needs to be done and good company while at it.

Not standing up for myself earlier, I'd be a lot further had I done that, perhaps not in a good way, but still ahead.

Time is never wasted, there is always something going on in my mind, a theory to explore, a scenario to try, a dream to enjoy.

That even though I might be interpreted as a stoic cynic, I'm still a idealist at heart, with a lot of roses still in front of my eyes, which I'm happy for.

Leaving my old school for the gymnasium ('college'), freedom. Not feeling like a caged animal and not getting constantly prodded with rods. That's when I started to feel alive again.

Patient, insightful (I like to think so at least), open minded (dito), imaginative, curious, persistent, laid-back.

That It won't last forever, I really wish I'd get the time to see all there is that I wish to experience. Since it feels wrong to have to choose, what in life is 'more', I've decided to simply see what life has in store for me, and follow the stream.

A great song or a good book, the company of friends or a nap? Why choose when you can mix? Try having a low-key conversation about characters and stories while laying in a sofa/bed with some good music on, with your drug of choice within reach and a lot of free hours. That's life

The stars actually, my father told me it was the spirits of the dead, I realized it wasn't true (I counted them and figured out there wasn't enough stars) so I started to ask others about them, really wanting to figure out what they were.

A wish to learn and to understand, no matter how much I learn, there will be more, which is actually comforting. Life is in a sense, endless, since my time won't be enough to understand and experience it fully, it's all around you at all times, one cannot truly be alone anywhere.

Yes. your life will really suck for another 10 years, but there REALLY IS light at the end of the tunnel, you just have to look far enough into it. Fight for yourself and what you believe in, self-defense can never be wrong, strike back, hard.

People who have been broken and battered, I feel a sort of kinship with them, united in suffering I guess.

That depends, I mean.. Life is like a tangled web, you never really know what a twist on one line can do to the rest of the net, I certainly wished I had not experienced some things, but I'd probably meet those later in any case. I'm alive and that's what matters.

There is a haven for everyone but those that can't find peace within themselves, accept yourself for what you are, good and bad. Oh, and you will actually meet people who can understand you.

Given the ability to end it when I wish, Yes.. That would give me more peace than death ever will, or so I like to believe.

This doesn't really apply to me I'm afraid, when short on time, I'm always in the now. Which means I'd probably continue like always, albeit with some sadness, but also relief.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Learning about serial killers

It was more of an auditory memory of my mother singing to me as an infant

That I valued family and respect. That I was a man of principles and of loyalty.

This can come out wrong but, for some reason, I can notice all these little tells about people and can easily determine their wants. I will give it my all to take care of people. As a friend I am considerate and helpful, as a lover I am passionate and in-tune, as a parent I will be understanding and loving.

If someone is disrespectful, especially towards women, I am a completely different person.

I love you. Don't ever leave me.

I don't really have one from my childhood. :\

The present one. At the peak of human technological advances.

That I knew and experienced true love

Forgiving myself for failed relationships

Being care-free, healthy and with loved ones.

For losing my temper

I love, love weekend mornings. It feels like I can be a kid for the rest of my life sometimes.

That I truly care about them

When I trusted this one friend over another

17. Name 7 words that describe you
Passionate, Ambitious, Hardworking, Loyal, Respectful, Defender, Creative

That under all the beautiful things in my head or in real life, there is this very real dark side.

A good quality, home-made, first cup of coffee on a Sunny Saturday morning.

When I first read the Hobbit.

That I am still young enough to make a difference and to love again

Something I've always known but just would appreciate to hear from someone else. "Family is everything"

Jack the Ripper

If I were to love then I'd love without hesitation. Trust issues really held me back.

You have so much to offer. There is nothing we are not capable of once we put our hearts behind it.

26. What's the one moment of your life that brings you the most joy when you look back on it, the one you would replay again if you were about to die?
Saturday morning, lying in bed with my ex-fiancé, holding her from behind and whispering to each other about our future.

Reactions: cosmia

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
I think I was around 10 years old...History class, learning about the holocaust, slavery, racism, etc.

Depends on the kind of love...there's many different kinds of love out there.

That somehow I've changed the world for the better.

I'm incredibly loyal to the one's I love. On top of that, I'm always up for a fun time. I don't like sitting at home doing nothing. If I could go on a camping trip with a bunch of friends, that'd be perfect. As for love, the loyalty increases tenfold. There's almost nothing I wouldn't do for the man I love. He'll be my best friend and partner in life.

Honesty - I think the only way for someone to truly disagree with it is to just lie to me. You lie to me then prepare yourself because it's a fast way to lose my respect...and it's hard to earn back.

That I inspired them in some way shape or form to achieve their fullest potential

Me, my brother, and a few cousins playing hide and seek in the cornfields on Grandma's farm. The constant trolling of siblings and cousins was like....uber fun.

There's 2 eras I wouldn't mind being born into. The renaissance for the art, the literature, and even the clothes...or the 80's - don't care what anyone says about the 80's but 5 years in that time period is NOT ENOUGH!!! I'll take the 70's too.

So far, the people that I've met that have become my close friends and are (in a sense) a second family.

Standing up for myself, asserting myself

Being thankful for what you have instead of wishing for the things you don't.

Allowing my dad to try and dictate my path in life...instead of following my own dreams.

What is this thing you call 'introversion'?

That I'm more than just a woman. One day soon, people will be amazed because I actually did what they all said I would never be able to accomplish.

Having a seizure while driving. It's moments like that that really make you appreciate life and make you think "I have a purpose". Let's do this!

Passionate, Loyal, Positive, Peaceful, Loving, Random, Colorful

War, poverty, inequality, racism, the list goes on...

INTJs ;)

This I can't really answer because it's been going on since before I can remember. I do remember (on many occasions) pretending to be the princess in trouble waiting for her prince to rescue her. xD I was about 6 years old haha. And the one thing that got me in trouble in class was daydreaming...teacher would call on me:

Teacher: Who hasn't answered a question yet? Oh stace!
Me: .......... *not paying attention, in inner world"
Teacher: Stace?
Me: *still not paying attention*
*classmate next to me hits me with a book*
Me: Owwwww!!!

There's a lot of things that give me hope. I can be easily inspired by music though.

You may want to grow up now, but please cherish your childhood. You'll be begging for those years back once you hit 16. 16 will be so tough, but you will persevere because you gots the willpower. You are an amazing little girl who is one day going to turn into a beautiful and amazing young woman. You will have no problem getting men to like you, but please be picky about who you choose or there will be more trials and tribulations when you turn 22.

I'm not really fascinated by a lot of dark things...Ohhh night is pretty...I'll take night. xD

I'd stand up to my dad a lot more so that maybe I'd be independent and on my own right about now.

You guys are my fellow xNFPs. :p I know there's a lot of you who have been through very trying times in very little time, but it's those times that make us stronger and help us grow...as long as we continuously get back up and fight when life knocks us down, we are all winners and champions. You are all wonderful people and I'm glad to have gotten to know a few of you. Know that there is a smiley ENFP who adores you all <3

I would only do it if the love of my life was able to be immortal with me. If I live forever on my own, that's not a lot of fun. :(

Nothing that has happened in my life thus far...but if things go as planned this summer, I'll have an answer to this question.

I may have broken the rules a bit...sorry. :D

·
Registered
547 Posts
I don't really know - I remember watching Schindler's List when I was in Year 10 for my History class, and I remember my younger sister saying something along the lines of 'imagine if this really happened'. I think that explaining to her that it did forced me to confront the reality of the horrible ways that people treat each other. Also, when I went to East Timor in 2002 or 2003 and talked to some of the people there who fought for Falantil against the Indonesian occupying forces and being shown where battles took place…also passing through burned out and abandoned villages that were destroyed by the militias after the independence vote.
There were lots as a young child, but one of the strongest and most significantly out of this world moments that nothing else could possibly compare to, was when my son was born. I mean, I knew love before this, but the birth of one’s first child brings it to a whole new level.
That I was true to myself, that I loved fiercely, and that I was a good father and husband. I would also like to write a book, not necessarily a bestseller, in fact, preferably a sort of cult classic with a small but devoted fan base.
All of them because I can give myself wholly to another (provided I get my ‘me time’ afterwards).
My greatest ideal is equality, therefore any form of discrimination or bigotry really seriously gets me worked up.
‘You help me be a better person’.
Camping with my family in the Flinders Ranges, South Australia, when I was 10 or 11.
I think that I would choose Europe in the 1920s, after the Great War ended but before the Great Depression, when life seemed good and there was a sense of hope and renewal in the air (though probably not so much in Weimar Germany – perhaps France).
The birth of my son.
Coming to terms with the mental illness that plagues a loved one and which has almost taken her from us several times. It is an ongoing battle.
Being completely free of doubt, worry, or regret, and enjoying the moment as it unfolds.
Not telling people that I love them when I had the chance, one of whom was tragically killed in a car accident about 10 years ago. Honestly, speaking the truth and letting our loved ones know how we feel is something I need to be courageous with and just open up.
I love that I don’t get bored, because my rich inner life is so much more interesting than the one outside, and I can always entertain myself.
That I may appear to be cool, calm, and collected, and to never feel frustrated or hurt or anything like that, but that inside, my emotional life is a rollercoaster.
There have been many, some joyous, others not. Births, deaths, wedding, breakups...
Odd. Loner. Curious. Artistic. Chameleon. Reflective. Misunderstood.
That so many people are so caught up with their trivial bullshit that they don’t see the beauty all around them. That somebody can die without once watching a beautiful sunrise is a tragedy.
When I hear good news from a loved one. A good friend has just told me that she and her husband are expecting a baby. Brings tears to my eyes.
My own brain.
The idea that one day all of my questions will be answered. Or at least some of them.
Be yourself – always. Be yourself, and don’t let anyone make you change. Just be. Some people won’t like it, they will tease you and find you strange. But be yourself at all costs. Some things, once lost, are almost impossible to regain.
Places where murders or other crimes have taken place. And cemeteries.
I’d be kinder, tell people that I love them, and be myself.
Too often we are tempted to give up our sense of who we are and what we stand for, we change our personalities and put on masks to present to the world a face that we think others want to see, but our true greatness, and our ability to make the world a better place, lies in not giving in to this temptation. We are here for a purpose, and we can only live that purpose if we are who we are born to be. If the world does not accept us for who we are, it is not ourselves we must change – it is our duty to change the world.
Who’s to say that I am not already…? Seriously, no.
I was on a Youth Group camp at a local national park when I was about 16 (not a Christian, and I lay in my tent at night with my head outside, watching the stars, while everyone else slept. I asked the universe for a sign that God was real, and right at that moment, a shooting star shot across the sky. I put it down to coincidence now, but at the time it made a deep impact. It made me feel that I was not alone and that there was a purpose behind it all.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts

Learning that President Kennedy had been assassinated. I was in the second grade. Or a year later when I was beaten and kicked into a bloody pulp with my teacher looking on and doing nothing to stop it because I had a black friend.

I have many at very early ages so it's hard to pin one down. Perhaps lying on the floor with my grandfather waiting for Santa to come down the chimney?

However small my contributions may be, that somebody remembers them. And as shallow as this is, that I fucking crushed it on skis.

I am consistently focused on what it is that others need.

There is no excuse for being unkind.

My friends told me that my gift is that I am complementary (that particular spelling).

The freedom I felt when I first rode a bike by myself, without my dad holding the seat behind me. And the next day, when I rode all the way across the military base to where he worked to visit him without telling anybody. I was four. Or the rainy day at Killington when I wore my father’s jacket that came down to my knees and I skied in front of the adults all day and wanting more when they were ready to call it finished. I was eight.

Neolithic, if I were a painter in a cave in what today is Spain.

Skiing big mountains. It is impossible for me to explain for someone who has not experienced it. To ascend a snowy precipice and then play with gravity by dancing down it with big sticks on my feet is a joy that is simply beyond description. It's really my purpose in life.

Being true to myself while also trying to please others.

Accepting everything the way it is and being mindful in the present. In other words, as Maurice White (Earth, Wind, and Fire) used to say, “You gotta love you. You gotta love all the beautiful things around you… the trees and the birds. And if there ain’t no beauty, you gotta MAKE some beauty! Have Mercy!”

People I have hurt, even if I didn't intend to.

That I don't need constant stimulation from other people to validate myself. I like myself the way I am and I don't care if anybody doesn't appreciate or understand my need to be alone some of the time every day.

That I am not playing the same game as they are. Too many people assume that everyone is competing in the rat race. I never have and never will. I honestly don’t give a rat’s ass about power.

I don't know that it changed me all that much, but a very defining moment was when I fell over 1000 feet off a glacier, went airborne over a cliff for 100 feet, landed in snow on my neck and shoulder, broke all the bones in the left side of my body, lacerated my heart, walked nine miles out of the wilderness, and didn't die... on my grandmother's birthday two years after she died.

Curious, empathetic, loyal, patient, persistent, passionate, complementary

Witnessing suffering.

Experiencing love.

Alvin and the Chipmunks, realizing that it was all the work of a single artist with a wildly creative vision and the technique to make it real.

The realization that all is an illusion but that it is the only illusion that we have and that it is indescribably sweet if we make it so.

Dare to live your dreams. Nobody else can do it for you.

Pain is something with which I am very familiar. Both physical and emotional pain fascinate me. Art that depicts or is inspired by pain makes me feel that I am not alone and indeed that I am more fortunate in many ways than those great artists who used it to create such miraculous beauty.

I would not have hurt anybody.

There is nothing wrong with you. You have valuable contributions to make. Whatever they may be, noble or not, your efforts mean something important to somebody beyond to yourself. Just be and watch the incredible effect you can have on another sentient being with just a moment's glance.

I have zero fear of death. So I have no desire to be immortal. When my time is up, I will gladly leave this earth. It does not matter to me that I don't know if there is or is not an afterlife because there is not a thing I can do in this life to affect that. I love the Laura Nyro song, And When I Die.

I can not possibly choose. Despite severe chronic pain, my life has already been totally amazing. If I were to die in the next minute, all I can hope is that I would remember the best and not the worst moment of my life.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Who Are YouMy name is Maximus Decimus Meridius. Commander of the Armies of the North. General of the Felix Legions. Loyal servant to the true Emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife – and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next!!!

·
Registered
991 Posts
i guess i didnt really believe evil "still existed" when i was younger because i was always around very happy people and very loving people and i guess it was crushed one day when i was told that i wasn't gonna grow up successful by my mom in the car. it wasn't like mean it was just in a reflection of who we are as people and the fact that we dont do things like others and thusly wont be rich or anything and idk how that pertains to evil but i guess it made me realize that stuff isn't how it's supposed to be. that sounds lame but.
dunno.
i want the books i (will) write to be studied closely and i want there to be a documentary and/or about me. these things are very important to me and i want someone in the future to become very close to my life like i have been able to do for other deceased people who were important once. it is important mostly that one day i become published and that someone can look back and see the work i've left.
i don't know, i guess i like to love people and if given the chance will love a great deal. this goes for all three of these.
im saying "i dont know" a lot but. i guess i get heated a lot when people disagree with me but what i think is the biggest one is that there is only one way to succeed? i mean i get heated when people say that, or believe that. it's important to me that everyone has the freedom to do as they please. that's probably my biggest one right now because i'm a junior and everyone's been forcing me to think about college when i don't want to go to to college. so.
i really liked your writing and understood it. could you please tell me about (x).
don't really have one. my entire childhood was good, and i don't feel better when looking back on stuff, more just nostalgic.
i wouldn't survive well in any other era, though my favorite era is the 1900s. i wouldn't survive without the medications and technology that we have today though, nor would i want to live without the equality that this decade is aching to provide already.

having my family and best friend. theyre important to me. also cats,
still going through it, i'll get back to you (no i won't everything is a struggle)
dunno
i regret a lot of stuff, but. nothing that can't be shrugged away.
i don't really like it and think that it does more bad than good. can't be helped and i'm getting along just fine, but it would be nice if i could have fun without becoming so tired.
my ideas i guess. i have a lot that i would like to share but rarely does anyone give me a chance. guess that's kinda my fault though for being so quiet, huh.

i dont have one

"i am very tired a lot. thanks"

man that everything runs on money i'll tell ya, shit sucks

warm inside is really cliche but uh. i guess when i write something and look back on it and like it.

frickin everything
reading i guess
"gimme a fist pound my brotha"
uhh....... idk a lot of things but i always thought that everyone was drawn to sad and dark things. that's why theyre easier to write about etc.
i would change how much i embarrass myself goddamn
"gimme a fist pound my brotha"
hell yeah death is the scariest thing and being dead is terrifying because what the frick happens? i dont know do you know? i dont. what if you just stop existing? what if you do? then youre just nothing and you never even know you lived. because youre just nothing.

dunno.

·
Banned
94 Posts
Wow, uh, Steve Buscemi I didn't know you hung out at places like this you being a famous celebrity of such mighty prestige

I don't know what to say, I guess first off I am a huge fan, I own like every release of Fargo

You're an idealist? That's so cool. Oh my god I can't believe this is happening!

Someone pinch me with they cyber-fingers!

·
Registered
45 Posts

When I saw the greed in men`s eyes, I realized that this world is not so perfect as I used to see it. Reality is a painful thing.

When I was sick my mother hugged me in her arms.

That I was a person to be proud of, a person to respect.

Because I will teach them love.

Spiritual things, like reincarnation, auras and astral projection.

You`re my baby, who I cherish. <from my mum>

When I was lying on a large cupboard, and above me was a big motorcycle poster. It was common, too common to remember, but whenever this piece of memory comes to mind, it reminds me of how being at home feels like.

The times when the Great Pyramids in Egypt was building, in progress.

To understand the Truth of the world.

To put up with my father`s change of personality. He used to be a kind, protective and loving father who I feel proud to have him as my dad, but now he`s the opposite of who he used to be.

To smile, and I mean a true smile, comes from the heart, not from the lips.

Giving up a friend because of his physical 'damage'.

To be able to experience and enjoy quiet moments. This world is far too loud, don`t you think?

That I`m not a boring and unmotivated person in life, in everything but actually quite a fun and lovable person, if they care to try to understand.

When I realized that I`m a unique one.

Sensitive. Spiritual. Humorous (only when I feel like to). Trusting. Quiet. Lazy. Curious.

The lies.

Love.

Magick.

The expansion of human awareness.

Lol I don`t know. Good luck, maybe?

Tsunami... Well I`m not a cruel or sadistic person. But I enjoy seeing the waves, the strong waves rolling around, wiping around ...like a tablecloth

Nope.

o.o Is this poll made only for INFPs?

Good luck in life! :happy: Be positive! Be happy! Love yourself and others!

No.

Well, I`m quite young, 16 years old, so I don`t have any amazing experiences or encounters in life. I supposed it would be when I first meet a friend, the friend who I love, who taught me love, who I cherish. For now I just want to say, I love you, my friend.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts