·
Banned
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any scapegoat? :D

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Is masturbation okay? Because I can use my little vibrator friend and it's fantastic. A life deprived of a love would be a little harder.

Reactions: Lucretius

·
Banned
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah Im a new version of Freud

·
Registered
308 Posts
Someone is only missing something when they truly understand what they are missing. Even then, the human mind has this wonderful little trick called forgetting. Therefore, even if you've had sex you could conceive a world without it. It comes down to how much emphasis you place upon it in your mind. Surround your being with sexual material and what will be on your mind? Sex. Your focus determines your reality. I can picture a world without sex. However, can I picture a world without some form of love or a world without innocent laughter? No and no.

·
Banned
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I cant disagree more Mind. Everyone needs sex, that s only natural. Have u ever woken up with a hard-on? That s also normal ,u need to cum from time to time in order to regulate the level of testosterone. Look at all the priests: They are the most regular visitor at public houses - dont believe it? Just ask any prostitutes. Sex is an inevitable part of our lives.

·
Registered
912 Posts
As long as I have me..................I am not deprived. :wink:

Though, I would be bummed if I found out that I was deprived of human contact the rest of my life that way. I would live though.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Does masturbation count?

I'm goin' on about 3-4 years now. Self-imposed. I don't like one night stands and I'm not in a place in my life quite yet that I feel I can concentrate on a meaningful relationship.

Definitely don't think I could go the rest of my life though. I can't do sex without a feeling of trust and intimacy. Its not just a fun time for me. I may be a loner but I don't think I have it in me to live my entire life without having someone I could have something deep and meaningful with.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I cant disagree more Mind. Everyone needs sex, that s only natural. Have u ever woken up with a hard-on? That s also normal ,u need to cum from time to time in order to regulate the level of testosterone. Look at all the priests: They are the most regular visitor at public houses - dont believe it? Just ask any prostitutes. Sex is an inevitable part of our lives.
Well then you are operating under the assumption that there is indeed this... NATURAL. Natural is like normal in the light that it does NOT exist. What is natural for some may be totally unnatural for others. But I think we aren't setting the correct parameters. Notice, I said sex, not masturbation. However, the amount of masturbation needed to relieve the tension is dependent upon your genetics and your mental focus, as I said before. Yes, if a human male has testicles eventually he will get to the point where he must ejaculate in order to prevent tension, but that doesn't necessarily have to be accomplished through sex with another human being.

·
Registered
INTP Female
26,829 Posts
There's actually a number of theories for why we men wake up in the morning with an erection. Most likely it is either due to testosterone levels being highest in the morning, or because we need to urinate. I doubt that it has anything to do with sex.

·
Registered
308 Posts
There's actually a number of theories for why we men wake up in the morning with an erection. Most likely it is either due to testosterone levels being highest in the morning, or because we need to urinate. I doubt that it has anything to do with sex.
Agreed. I've actually heard many times that an erection during sleep is also a measure against urinating in sleep.

·
Banned
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Agreed. I've actually heard many times that an erection during sleep is also a measure against urinating in sleep.
Never heard that one, but it does sound logical. Well lets simplify for the sake of argument that masturbation is a self-sex (definately a sexual activity). Abstraining from sex in the strickest context - no sex, no masturbation/onanism.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Agreed. I've actually heard many times that an erection during sleep is also a measure against urinating in sleep. [unquote] Never heard that one, but it does sound logical. Well lets simplify for the sake of argument that masturbation is a self-sex (definately a sexual activity). Abstraining from sex in the strickest context - no sex, no masturbation/onanism.
Well in that case I could not imagine not having sex but simply because seminal fluid buildup can be dangerous as far as infections and the like go.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Post some sources for that one. A hard-on is caused by blood rushing to your dick, it is your nervous system sensing stimuli that 'turns you on' that initially triggers the blood to go south. The myth of the piss-hard on is exactly that, a myth.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying. No one is arguing the nature of penile erections here. We are discussing (or at least I am) the possibility of penile erections during the night for multiple reasons. One of the being to prevent the flow of urine during REM sleep

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.