Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Relationship and friendship wise, I'd like to know your guys' opinions on what personality types you feel have the best connection with.

Personally for me, I enjoy having ISTJs as friends. Good people to talk to, they motivate me to be more hard-working, and determined to achieve my goals. I also enjoy INTJs, they motivate me to be more intelligent, thought-provoking, and independent. I don't have many, if at all, relationships with ENFJs, although they seem pleasant to be around, and I feel very comfortable around them. I think ENFJs may be the best type of personality to be in a relationship with, but sadly I can't say I have the experience to confirm it. ESFJs are cool too, although they get on my nerves sometimes. Actually, all personality types get on my nerves to be honest.

I also heard in socionics theory, INFPs are best matched with ESTPs. From personal experience, I know one ESTP but he's really laid back and balanced. Not too extroverted, likes to just kick back with a group of close friends while fishing and drinking a beer. Real cool guy, I can tell he's very loyal to his friends and someone you can trust, which is something I respect.

So any personal experiences from you guys? Please share.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hmmm... Well most of the people I get along fairly well are other NFs... my music academy is a NF fest o.o I never thought I'd see so many of them in one place considering how uncommon we are, I also get along well with INTPs and ISFJs.

ESXXs tend to be super draining really, at least to me, maybe except ESFPs. However my hobbies and interests usually dont make me meet those kinds of people.

·
MOTM January 2013
12,840 Posts
Like yourself, I get along quite well with ISTJ's. Obviously there's a comfortable baseline with other NF's but that can be a double edged sword, I don't always get on with other NF's and some I get along with like a house on fire :laughing:. I enjoy SP's a lot generally, the introverted one's moreso, one of my bezzies is an ISTP. Most likely friendships with NT's are probably INTP's, INTJ's, id like to get to know more ENTJ's and I seem to have the most issues with ENTP's.

·
Registered
ENFP 6w7 FLVE
2,817 Posts
I love XSFP people, they're soo crazy in a cute way! XNFP's are awesome too
And a ENTP friend I know is really awesome~ :proud:

·
Registered
104 Posts
ENTJ for a friendship with conflict designed to help growth and getting shit done.
ENFP for sheer hilarity value and being weird.
INTJ for how confusing they can be sometimes. It's a challenge to understand them. They always strike me as enigmatic.

Don't have too close a connection with any other types, but in my experience steer clear of the ESTP for emotional relationships.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ENTJ for a friendship with conflict designed to help growth and getting shit done.
ENFP for sheer hilarity value and being weird.
INTJ for how confusing they can be sometimes. It's a challenge to understand them. They always strike me as enigmatic.

Don't have too close a connection with any other types, but in my experience steer clear of the ESTP for emotional relationships.
I contemplated about finding a relationship with an ENTJ, but it's kind of rare to see female ENTJs. That and I don't know if I can handle being the masculine figure in the relationship when the ENTJ would probably be more... comfortable in it.

And I'm curious about the relationship with the ESTP. Romantic relationship I presume? Yeah, I can see how they might steer away from the emotional aspect in a relationship...

·
Registered
104 Posts
I contemplated about finding a relationship with an ENTJ, but it's kind of rare to see female ENTJs. That and I don't know if I can handle being the masculine figure in the relationship when the ENTJ would probably be more... comfortable in it.

And I'm curious about the relationship with the ESTP. Romantic relationship I presume? Yeah, I can see how they might steer away from the emotional aspect in a relationship...
Yes, it was. That was not fun. Or, well, it WAS fun until I realised it was mostly superficial.

·
Registered
185 Posts
My closest friends in the past 5 years have been ENFJ, ENTP, INFJ, ENFP, and ISFJ, and I actually quite like having extroverted friends cuz they always want to be social and it forces me to come out of my room :tongue:

In my experience, NF > NT > SP > SJ... I kinda got really into this and covered every temperament here, so it's super long, sorry again!!

At first I thought ENFJs sounded weird since I didn't think I had met one, until I realized my best friend is one and now, just based on her, (I don't think I know any others...) I absolutely love them :D she's got the same interests/idealism as us NFs with the more structured/"practicality-ish?" traits of a J (which I think us INFPs need to keep us somewhat more grounded haha...), and as an ENF she really likes having close relationships and doesn't like superficial relationships which is nice so she's not very overwhelming (like most Es). She's good at taking charge in social situations I probably couldn't handle by myself (like talking to strangers haha).
Basically any NF is "compatible" with INFPs :proud:
------------------------------
My ENTP friend is exhausting and somewhat selfish sometimes, but we always have fun and although we get frustrated with each other sometimes (we can get stubborn with each other in our ideas... and she is such a backseat driver!! ugh gets on my nerves haha), we understand each other and know it's really not a big deal and move on in life. We don't hold grudges, and I like her for that :) We can have good "intellectual talks" due to our N traits, but she is more logic-based while I am more feeling-based. However she is one of few close friends I don't go to for emotional support because she legit does not know what to do in those situations and she knows she's not the best at comforting. She does come to me for support when she has an emotional breakdown (which is extremely rare... happened like 3 times over 5 years!). She is good at taking my mind off things, though, by going out and doing weird shit that's quite entertaining.

I actually really like NTs quite a lot, I've dated an INTP and INTJ and I think we're really quite compatible, too. INFPs are probably more compatible with INTxs over ENTxs though, I think ENTs are pretty intense if they're into debates and logic too much. I knew an ENTJ who debated with strangers which I thought was odd, but he was quite witty and he was a great musician, too, which was pretty cool. I think out of all NTs I like INTPs because they're so *weird* like us, enjoy the same things as us, and they come to the same conclusions as us but through a completely different, and fascinating way of thinking.
-------------------------------
Strangely enough that whole idea that ESTPs have a fasciantion with INFPs seems true in my experience... apparently my ESTP now-roommate thought I was weird/fascinating/really cool (lmao what) when she first met me and I was someone she really wanted to be around.... o_O she told me all this once we were closer friends. We get along quite well and she really appreciates music and she's very laid-back and quite entertaining, so she makes for a great friend to do things with. I don't think she's great for talking about emotional things though. Once I was pretty frustrated with my final project since my professor made me change things last-minute and I was so tired after he left I started crying (I'm still mad at myself for not being able to hold it in :sad:). She was so nice and made me tea and brought it to me to help cheer me up (which was super nice of her!)and then she later told me I was "elegant" when I cried, whatever that means lmao. So she's good at comforting, but she doesn't like talking about it, I guess haha.

Also, there's this guy who I've been interested in and who's interested in me, and I think he may be ESTP but he seems less straightforward/blunt than typical ESTPs and he's more hesitant than a "typical" ESTP so he may not be. Actually, he might be ISTP. But anyways, we have a similar sense of humor and get along quite well so far. I'm wary of him though since I've heard ESTP/INFP doesn't really go well together for the long run, and I've seen hints of this when we talk and I kinda wanna talk about more personal/"deep" things and he stays pretty surface-level, talking about events/joking around. He did have a "buddhist philosophy" book in his room though, which is exciting if it wasn't assigned reading for class or something! I don't have much experience with SPs past ESTPs though...
-------------------------------
One of my best friends from high school is an ISFJ and my sister is also an ISTJ (probably, but she's for sure xSxJ) and I love them both. I get along with ISxJs over ESxJs though. ESFJs are too intense for me and tire me out. And sometimes SJs get to be too... rigid for me. But I think ISFJs are good to talk to about emotional things too. My ISFJ friend used to be my "rock" to go to and we're really close emotionally, but we don't have a lot of the same interests. She's good to talk to but gets kinda annoying when you're like, exploring the city since her J-ness likes a plan and her S-ness doesn't see the point in doing weird shit haha. She also doesn't like travelling, and isn't super into music/art and she doesn't like the same movies I do either. I've watched movies with her where the main protagonist is an xNFP and she thinks the character is dumb since they're indecisive and they feel "lost". I didn't tell her they're the same MBTI as me but I laughed internally. She likes superhero movies and likes "good vs. bad" haha. But I love her and we'll always be there for each other. I think we're a healthy pair since we bring different perspectives on things to each other. :) In general, I think SJs are better for talking to than SPs but I do overall enjoy being with SPs more.

·
Registered
216 Posts
One of my best friends is an ENFJ. I love her to death & she is so understanding, she just worries about the littlest things too much. My favorite are ENFPs I gotta say! I'm fortunate to know a few. & of course crushed on some haha. I really admire how outgoing they are & usually they're not intimidating so they bring out the extrovert in me! The ones I know are super fun to be around & can help you get to know other people but are still there for you for deep things. I love the perceiving quality. I should probably be with people with a high judgement level though because I have too much perception haha.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I actually get along really well with ENFPs and one of my favorite teachers is an INFJ. I relate with F's really well, and I'm alright with T's. Even though INFPs probably get along with most people, depending on the strongest feature (mine is an F), it becomes more of a connecting point to other people. My introvertedness has lessened for a couple reasons, so E's don't tire me out as much as they would have a couple years ago. But yeah. The type I fear the most are ENTP's, but since most of them are diverse, it's slightly better. I have issues with most ENTJ's, and they're all women (including my mom which makes for stellar family issues.)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Other NFs for sure. My best friend is an INFJ. I also get along well with ISFJs. And just from reading around these forums I seem to be one of the few INFPs who actually gets along well with ESFJs (I've seen so many INFPs complain about them). Their extraversion is draining, but my ESFJ friends are probably the most kind and trustworthy people I know.

·
Registered
87 Posts
My best friend is INTJ, most of my friends are introverts except for a couple and they are both NF's. :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
It's mildly frightening how many N's are contained in my primary group of friends. My best friend is an isf(p?), and it occurred to us both in the space of about four days that we wouldn't be friends if we'd met later in life. She just can't handle my lack of concrete brain activity ::/ (and vise versa)
I seem to get along best with an intj (even if I'm too dramatic for him all the time, I find him easy to survive with) and a fellow infp. And infj's. I love you guys :D

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I like INFJs but one thing I find that bugs me is that we have common view points but our method of arriving in our conclusions differ so much, that we actually end up disagreeing, even when we share the same viewpoint. It's frustrating.

·
Registered
679 Posts
but it's kind of rare to see female ENTJs
I guess is a matter of luck, my two BFFs are ENTJ females.

And I'm curious about the relationship with the ESTP.
I don't know about romantic relationship, but I have/had an ESTP best friend. We're quite incompatible. Not much interests in common, a very superficial relationship based on the tautology "I like you because you're my friend, you're my friend because I like you". I'm also a bit resentful towards this friend since the day I almost made the worst decision of my life and she didn't try to help me out of it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.