Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever noticed that a lot of people of all types tend to want to talk to you about themselves and confide in you their deepest secrets? I would always say that if I were to get married and had to pick 100 people I knew at the time to invite to my wedding, they wouldn't get along because they're so different XD (worst reception ever). I think INFJ's tend to attract a lot of people, especially if you're the guru type. But I wonder, what type of people do you turn to when you wanna talk besides the other INFJ's on this forum? Who listens to you as sincerely as you listen to them? For me, besides my immediate family and God the two people who seem to listen are my ENFJ and INTP bff's.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
i don't talk to my family they have huge misconceptions on who i am(partly my fault but alot of it is theirs),my friends off the net don't see me much and i am an atheist. I talk to alot of people online. Mostly to my girlfriend and an INFJ woman. There are a few others that i do talk to alot too. i tend to spread my problems around to who i believe can help with them the most. The thought of someone knowing every last one of my problems or even most of them is terrifying.

Edited for huge typo "Friendson the net" should have been "friends off the net" and is corrected. sorry for any misunderstanding

·
Registered
52 Posts
I talk to my cat...can't trust anyone. J/K. I entrust my problems with only two people; one passed away in 2000 (yes, I talk to her every night; sometimes you don't need an answer, and no I'm not crazy). And my best friend who is 6000 miles away. She will listen, weigh the facts, and offer me great advice which I adhere to. She is an INFJ as well but we have been friends for 20 years, so it's just a coincidence. I simply look for people who I know care about me and will truly listen, not analyze.

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
I really only talk to my parents, sister, my ENFP friend in Australia and my friend back home of 20 years (though her ... I often don't divulge everything because she doesn't have all that much patience for my emotional meanderings/rants -- ENTJ; but she's great for giving 'logical', black and white, emotionally unclouded advice.)
But overall, I think I tell most everything to my ENFP friend because she really wants to know and listens and cares.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts