Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TBH I don't really have a clear answer on this myself, But here is my list on who could potentially have that title:

• Drake
  • Justin Bieber
  • Taylor Swift
  • Bruno Mars
  • Katy Perry
  • Nicki Minaj
  • Maroon 5
  • Ed Sheeran
  • Ariana Grande
Who would you think dominated the decade most or what would be your list?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'd say Justin Bieber or Katy Perry. I think chart music is very samey and I don't consider them any huge movers and shakers of it, more so fashion. Every male had Bieber's haircut myself included in 2010

·
Registered
ISFP
1,175 Posts
I remember listening to a lot of Maroon 5, Taylor Swift, Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, Bridgit Mendler, Christina Perri, Rihanna, Adele, Sia, LMFAO was pretty big at that time too...also the 1975, Carly Rae Jepsen, Macklemore, Kendrick Lamar, Taio Cruz etc. I can't believe I once kept this song on replay:

I refuse to accept Havana, Senorita or Despacito. It didn't happen. Taylor Swift carries more of a nostalgia factor for me, I'm not sure if I'm her biggest fan nowadays.

How did I skip Paramore?:

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
A defining artist has to be someone that lived through the 2010s not just happened at the very end of it so Billie Eilish is eliminated.

Tøp were the biggest artists during the 2010s but they were never the chart toppers.

Justin Bieber was everywhere but that somehow also ate him up.

I'm inclined to say Taylor Swift because you can't deny her but also save a place for Post Malone and Miley Cyrus.

·
Registered
532 Posts
You're asking the wrong generation, there hasn't been good music since the early 2000s lol

Reactions: Enoch

·
Registered
532 Posts
I can name many 2004+ songs that are really good.
Okay, I'll put it this way. If there's any songs after 2005 that are good, it's because they were made by artists that started in the 90s or earlier.

·
Registered
ISFP
1,175 Posts
The legend Avicii (Rest in Peace). Thanks to him, the parties I attended this decade were rarely boring:

I remember when I found this to be the most scandalous video ever. Don't get me wrong, I admire the new Miley too:

I also remember the remix of songs by Arctic Monkeys playing EVERYWHERE around 2014:

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Okay, I'll put it this way. If there's any songs after 2005 that are good, it's because they were made by artists that started in the 90s or earlier.
This is not true. There are many songs today just as good if not better than any previously made.

Depends on what kind of music you like obviously but I could name many artists that are better than previous ones.

Reactions: Jaune

·
Registered
910 Posts
Younger by Jonas Blue. Shboom by the Koi Boys. All About the Bass by Meghaen Trainer and Koi Boys. One song that everyone keeps playing everywhere is Sucker by Jonas Brothers.

·
ѕιr вυѕтer n&#96
7,039 Posts
I dunno. For me, music started to become too commercial and less to my tastes around that time.
For me, 00s and earlier music is the best, though I do occasionally come across some (less mainstream usually) artists that I have enjoyed and the (very occassional) mainstream artist.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts