Personality Cafe banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's that time of year.

What are you guys planning to study? Where will you attend?

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Game Development, or more specifically, Game Programming. The admission is insane (like 4 exams, an interview and you have to know everything about C++ already) but the quality of that college is amazing and 95% of the students has a job within a month. I'm currently working on my game to show during the interview. All I can do then is hope that it pleases the jury.

·
Banned
3,980 Posts
I'm not going anywhere for college, I'm staying at home and going to the local community college thank you very much. I don't want to spend these years of my life away from home with a bunch of idiots, potheads, and party animals. They would all hate me anyway.

Anyway, I've been in college for 3 years already, but only have my Gen Eds out of the way. It's hard to explain. I'm studying computer networking. And architectural engineering. But not at the same time.

Reactions: Inner

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I'll be going to local (ish) college 3 hours away from where I currently live. I'll be studying English with a Creative Writing emphasis. This was the only state college I could find that had that major -- the others were all private colleges and guess who has to pay 100 percent of her tuition?

After I get my bachelor's degree (the BA stands for badass mofo) I'll go to a place in California to get my MFA in fiction writing. I've been to before and I really liked it. I'm not staying in this cold ass state any longer than I have too.

Reactions: Inner

·
Registered
495 Posts
I'll go to uni here, in the Netherlands, studying for a bachelor's in biology. I'm planning on attending a better uni, probably in the UK, to get my master's in horse behavior.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Computer Science. Stopped for a year. Will return this year. However, I might not need college if I built a positive online reputation. Trying to perfect this 3D prototype of mine.

·
Warden-Commander
24,113 Posts
I'm off to vocational school this autumn. Going into food industry. A chef or a baker, probably, I have no idea what I want to be but this is good enough.

Reactions: SysterMatic

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm going to work in either childhood psychology or elementary education, so I'm either going to study psychology or early childhood development and get my teaching license.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I'm going to study physics (or theoretical physics if I don't quite get the grades) in England. I absolutely cannot wait - my time will be devoted to a subject I am wholly interested in. The city is stunning and atmospheric, ideal for night-time walks and sketching. Well, if I have free time; free time is far from guaranteed... Meh, I don't care too much because PHHYYSSIIICCSSS! I'll finally learn all the proper stuff!
I'm kind of wondering whether I should switch to physics & philosophy, but I'm not sure I'd be allowed seeing as I have no essay subjects.. I guess I can read philosophy in my spare time, but it's not the same as academic study... however, there will be clubs for discussion so I'd be fine sticking to physics.. agh I don't know!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts