Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
ENFP-A
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which other ENFPs out here go to the gym? I started this past spring when my employer installed a company gym at our facility. Almost no-one uses it except me...Which is good, because I hate the grunt and groan culture of public gyms. Being alone in there is the only reason I'm using it.

I also don't enjoy the gym, like I don't enjoy most physical activities, but I do like the results and how my body feels so I keep it up.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hello Moby85,

I have a pair of dumbbells and do weights at home. I can't say I love weight training but I agree with you, I love seeing my body change and how I feel. I usually watch something on youtube while working out. I used to hate going to gyms but my attitude has changed. I still prefer working out at home but I can work out at gyms without feeling uncomfortable. I like the better equipment the gyms have. I have been doing weights for over a year now.

Have you heard of Ernestine Shepherd? She's an 81 yr old bodybuilder. I don't think I will ever pursue professional bodybuilding, I just think she's inspiring.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/bb27dc63-acda-4bb8-981f-988866ace2fd

·
Registered
ENFP-A
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Moby85,

I have a pair of dumbbells and do weights at home. I can't say I love weight training but I agree with you, I love seeing my body change and how I feel. I usually watch something on youtube while working out. I used to hate going to gyms but my attitude has changed. I still prefer working out at home but I can work out at gyms without feeling uncomfortable. I like the better equipment the gyms have. I have been doing weights for over a year now.

Have you heard of Ernestine Shepherd? She's an 81 yr old bodybuilder. I don't think I will ever pursue professional bodybuilding, I just think she's inspiring.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/bb27dc63-acda-4bb8-981f-988866ace2fd
I HAVE heard of Ms. Shepherd haha. She is inspiring.
Like you if I do for example, crunchies or push-ups at home YouTube is always on.

·
Registered
INFP so/sx
560 Posts
About to set off to the gym actually! I like starting my day with it (just past 6am at the mo). Idk what it is but it’s nice knowing most people are still asleep and I can work out without any disturbances. The only annoying thing is it’s so fucking cold in the morning and my bed is SO warm...gotta remind myself that I’m DOING IT FOR THE BOOTY! (and of course for health and shit haha.................).

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
I have a treadmill and rowing machine at my house. It's great because I don't have to worry about stopping between sets to check my phone, pissing other users off, wiping down equipment between uses etc.

Infront of the treadmill, is a tv connected to a DVD player and my laptop. I like to go through a playlist I've made on youtube of feel good music videos or dance music, so for 90 minutes, its a party, where I sing to whatever is on the screen infront of me, or I dance (upper body only). It's pretty great.

Was going to get some more stuff and charge people admission, but apparently running a small business is a big deal, like if someone got injured I could get sued for hundreds of thousands of dollars. Might look into a small business qualification or some insurance then revisit the idea.

Also have a step up bench, some hand weights, a skipping rope etc. Would be cool to get some boxing equipment. Am planning on getting an indoor bike once I've got some money together.

·
Registered
ENFP-A
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Infront of the treadmill, is a tv connected to a DVD player and my laptop. I like to go through a playlist I've made on youtube of feel good music videos or dance music, so for 90 minutes, its a party, where I sing to whatever is on the screen infront of me, or I dance (upper body only). It's pretty great.

Was going to get some more stuff and charge people admission, but apparently running a small business is a big deal, like if someone got injured I could get sued for hundreds of thousands of dollars. Might look into a small business qualification or some insurance then revisit the idea.

Also have a step up bench, some hand weights, a skipping rope etc. Would be cool to get some boxing equipment. Am planning on getting an indoor bike once I've got some money together.
Sounds like an epic set-up! Niiiice.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Yup. I go to the gym quite a bit. I have scant interest in fitness or sports, but I definitely like what it does for my body but even more so for my mind and my mood. I find I sleep better and have less anxiety when I exercise, and there's something about being strong Physically that helps me tap into my Inner strength as a result. To combat the boredom I find from this type of Se (or is it Si?... I don't fully understand cognitive functions), I listen to all kinds of great podcasts when i work out - they help engage my Ne which makes the experience much more enjoyable.

Congrats on the fitness and weight-loss, dude! You were always a cutie but now you're looking especially sharp. <3

·
Registered
ENFP-A
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup. I go to the gym quite a bit.

Congrats on the fitness and weight-loss, dude! You were always a cutie but now you're looking especially sharp. <3
Good for you going to the gym and thank you so much for the compliment! Warmed my :heart:
I'm not a vain person but it's nice to be at a place where my physical appearance is not a barrier to a romantic relationship. Personality and compatibility issues are what I have left to focus on - and they're exhausting enough as is!

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Not an ENFP: But I've gone to the gym pretty much three times a week for twenty-five years, and have always considered it one of the wisest things I've done. The body enjoys being worked properly, and will reward you with vibrancy. It improves one's looks, resulting in those pleasant little glances which bolster self-esteem and engender confidence. It wafts one out of the outer world of office and home into a safe and special little cocoon in which you can live in the moment both internally and externally, which is--paradoxically, as being at the gym--very relaxing. It is especially good in this respect for INFJs, who need to develop their Se and get out of their own heads for grounding purposes. And it's undeniable: Lots of eye-candy to be had at the gym. Nothing wrong with that! Gym narcissism pays benefits mutually, everyone's a winner.

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
5,148 Posts
I've been going to the gym regularly over the summer. I'm concentrating on weights more than cardio. Since I've lost so much weight now I just want some muscle mass back, flexibility, and some toning. I really love Abby Pollock's page and her look. I'm happy that in the modern time society is more excepting of different body types. I'm happy with the weight loss I didn't lose too much muscle but I am weaker than what I was in my twenties. The sad fact of weight loss. Also, the reason why I gained so much weight in the first place was being put on steroids (cancer). When I first met my husband he complained that my traps were bigger than his. I had like no neck. I'm actually happy for smaller traps. Eventually, I'm going to join my husband in Spartan races. I'm concentrating on my bum, thighs, and calves.

·
Registered
ENFP-A
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've been going to the gym regularly over the summer. I'm concentrating on weights more than cardio. Since I've lost so much weight now I just want some muscle mass back, flexibility, and some toning. I really love Abby Pollock's page and her look. I'm happy that in the modern time society is more excepting of different body types. I'm happy with the weight loss I didn't lose too much muscle but I am weaker than what I was in my twenties. The sad fact of weight loss. Also, the reason why I gained so much weight in the first place was being put on steroids (cancer). When I first met my husband he complained that my traps were bigger than his. I had like no neck. I'm actually happy for smaller traps. Eventually, I'm going to join my husband in Spartan races. I'm concentrating on my bum, thighs, and calves.
Wow...You wound like you could kick my @ss. And congrats on surviving cancer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts