Personality Cafe banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
I know the PvP's supposed to be really cool and innovative (definitely a big plus for me), but in PvE is there more to the game than just killing mobs and the occasional crafting? The main reason I got burnt out after 4 or 5 straight months of SWTOR wasn't really any problems in class balance, story, or combat mechanics, but really because the worlds all felt like giant mob-killing galleries.

·
Banned
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Guild Wars 2 Beta Begins in 1 hour, 15 minutes.

Add me in game and let me know you're from PerC if you're in it.

Abiotic Prime, Crystal Desert server.

·
MOTM September 2012
8,417 Posts
I'd rather waste my gaming money for the next 6 months on Steam summer sales purchases than on purchasing GW2.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I know the PvP's supposed to be really cool and innovative (definitely a big plus for me), but in PvE is there more to the game than just killing mobs and the occasional crafting? The main reason I got burnt out after 4 or 5 straight months of SWTOR wasn't really any problems in class balance, story, or combat mechanics, but really because the worlds all felt like giant mob-killing galleries.
I feel you man, I played SWTOR too, and the world there was really boring and static
(also the story was a bit dissapointing in my opinion - but well)

for me this matter is the main selling point for GW2,
in GW2 the world feels alive, you are awarded for exploring it and you feel as a part of it. (atleast I did)

there are a lot of battles going on between NPCs and creeps, and I seldom saw mobs standing around for no good reason

also questing is a lot different than other MMORPGs, its more about exploring and stumbling into events (like besieged villages, or battlefields)
the events are chained and can be influenced by your presence in them, like, if _nobody_ helps to defend against some raid the village will become occupied and from now on the event there is to retake the village..

I really like the event-system, although it may get repetitive in a while
(also the events are getting resetted after a while, so there is no real change to the world possible afaik)

I didnt preorder yet, but that one beta weekend I could participate really did blow my mind

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Just checked out some of the gameplay vids and this game looks amazing. I think the biggest selling point for me is obviously the world.. but more importantly the combat. Everything seems so much more fast paced and active. I would imagine the pvp would take a lot more skill and greater separate the good players from the bad. No more face rolling wooo!

God. Time to geek out once again.. maybe :)

·
Banned
2,475 Posts
I have the pre-purchase.

I give it 1 month until I get bored of it. It started back in 2005 with GW1 then SRO, Flyff etc etc etc [INSERT ENDLESS LIST HERE] I was addicted at first but as I kept hopping from one mmorpg to the other mmorpg'ing became a dull experience over time -.-

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Pre-ordered for myself and the girlfriend. We're pretty stoked to try the beta weekend this Friday.

·
MOTM September 2012
8,417 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
I picked it up earlier this week and I'm enjoying it so far. I've got a human mesmer, sylvari elementalist, and a charr necromancer I'm going to switch for something else.

·
Banned
176 Posts
Just started playing this game I'm necromancering it -- anyone and everyone feel free to add me this game is meant to be played with others -- Dom Z.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts