Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me: hitler.
i learned, that focusing on social realm leads to nothing good. if id even succeed, id have a very dissatisfying life and id become like hitler.

the singer of fun:
i noticed, that he was much better at singing than i, so i figured out how he did it and now i can do the same. now people actually _like_ my singing! =)

brandon keener, voice actor of garrus vakarian in mass effect:
hes so, SO sooo... SOOSOSOSOSOSOS!!!111 SUPER CHARMING!!1111
hes perfect, flawless. i got inspired to destroy flaws of character thanks to him, which i think i was doing anyways, but anyways!

yvonne strahovski(voice actor of miranda lawson in mass effect):
i learned her australian accent, and part of it has stuck to me to this day.

my super ego: i thought super ego was supposed to tell us how to be, but for me, its the other way. at least thats what my super ego told me, that he she is just there to support me, and will obey all of my commands.
like if i want my super ego to comfort me, he she will, but mostly i find hes her soothing too boring to care, lols..
but there are always occasionally moments, when my super ego isnt too predictable so he she is able to genuinely soothe me.

your turn! =)

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
I find inspiration in everything. Anything, whether a person, plant, or object can serve as an inspiration to me. I have to be looking for it though.

Here's something specific. I planted sunflower seeds in a nearby park about four years ago. This year is the first year ever that they've sprung up. I honestly thought that they just didn't take, but it inspired me and made me remember that things don't work on my time. It's a good reminder for me to have. I struggle with impatience, lol.

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,075 Posts
God
My husband
My parents as I was growing up
My Pastor
My kids
My karate sensei

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Martin Luther King, Gandhi, Mother Theresa, Kurt Vonnegut to name a few.

So stereotypical. ;]

Reactions: penguinfrk

·
Registered
332 Posts
Follow-up question: If you could have dinner with 3 people, any 3 people from all of history, all at one dinner table, who would they be?

I'd have to say my high school math teacher, one of my robotics team coaches, and my elementary school librarian. They've inspired me beyond imagination, and if they themselves were able to do that, I shiver with excitement to think what a dialogue among the three of them would produce.

·
Registered
16 Posts
People that inspire me? There are so many! But these are the first few that came to mind
1. Martin luther King Jr.
2. Gandhi
3. Nelson Mandela
4. Tim Mcilrath
5. Zach De La Rocha

·
Registered
935 Posts
Martin Luther King, Gandhi, Mother Theresa, Kurt Vonnegut to name a few.

So stereotypical. ;]
Omg, I love Vonnegut.

I still remember what I was doing the day his death was declared.

That was a sad day for me. :(

·
Registered
935 Posts
My friends and family, a couple of teachers, Alain de Botton, Kermit the Frog, Bill Watterson, the Dali Lama, Carl Jung, and many others have inspired me.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Oh this is such a great question! There are so many people that are inspirational to me, but there are a few that really left their mark!

Josh Shipp (Youth Motivational Speaker)
Zach and his mom (helped me through depression and he is still a big part of my life)
Michael (Fellow teammate for cross country and track)
Alan Alda (actor, speaker, son of a schizophrenic)
Melody Beattie (Author of the New Codependency)
Abbi (An ENFP and friend: her warm, fun personality is something I wish to emulate)
The Caldwells (A faithful family in my neighborhood)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts