Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YouTube - Cowboy Bebop Rain

A lot of people I know tell me the rain is depressing... or complain about getting wet. I'll walk through it with my hood down... and get soaked. I love the rain.

Does anyone else love the rain?

If so what about the rain do we love? That no one else loves it? That it is the life-blood of nature? Or that the rain causes most other people to be quieter and more reserved... making the world a bit calmer for just that afternoon?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
The ending of the series depressed me, it was ehhh years ago.

·
Registered
801 Posts
My favorite, when the sun is shining through the clouds. Large rain drops continue to fall and splash on the ground. The warmth hovers in the air. So peaceful.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
I live on campus so I walk to class and it feels like chaos on most days. I plan where I'm going to walk like 30 seconds in advance to avoid awkward moments bumping into people and having to move out of their way. I feel like people are looking at me too and creating entirely inaccurate impressions in their heads. When it rains it's so much more peaceful. Less people walk, and the ones that do seem to enjoy the quiet just as much as I do. You can take your time without the fast walkers behind you coercing you to walk faster! It's funny how complicated something as simple as walking to class can be, at least in my head and I feel like most INFJs have similar experiences. When it rains I feel like I can loosen up and take in the environment around me and use it to inspire my thinking.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I live on campus so I walk to class and it feels like chaos on most days. I plan where I'm going to walk like 30 seconds in advance to avoid awkward moments bumping into people and having to move out of their way. I feel like people are looking at me too and creating entirely inaccurate impressions in their heads. When it rains it's so much more peaceful. Less people walk, and the ones that do seem to enjoy the quiet just as much as I do. You can take your time without the fast walkers behind you coercing you to walk faster! It's funny how complicated something as simple as walking to class can be, at least in my head and I feel like most INFJs have similar experiences. When it rains I feel like I can loosen up and take in the environment around me and use it to inspire my thinking.
Gosh, your social anxiety disorder must be so crippling for you. It makes me sad - I have a sort-of friend (more colleague) who is exactly the same...to worry so much that others are constantly looking at you and analyzing you and judging you, I just can't imagine it - it must take up 99% of your headspace. I hope you are getting some sort of therapy for it, or at least thinking about it. If you're not, it's like being trapped in a cage of your own making, and not giving yourself the opportunity to even peek out the door at freedom.

Sorry, way off topic.

I love the rain. I love the sound of it - it relaxes me, and I love how refreshing it is and how it makes everything smell so good. I live in rainy Vancouver, and if it wasn't for the rain we wouldn't have the amazing rainforest surrounding us, so that's another bonus. But I must admit that after 5 months of rainy winter and not being able to see the mountains much, I am always ready for some Spring sunshine.

·
Banned
1,794 Posts
Depends on my mood. If I have to go out somewhere, like shopping, I don't want to be carrying stuff whilst getting soaked! I prefer the rain when I am indoors; wrapped up warm and cosy.

In the past I have had moments when I ran outside in my garden, no shoes, and just span around in circles on the grass with the rain pouring down on me. I loved that.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I hate walking in the rain... But I will if it's for Tim Horton's!

+1000 pts for posting something Cowboy Bebop related. That show is in my top 3 favorite animes. <3

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hate walking in the rain... But I will if it's for Tim Horton's!

+1000 pts for posting something Cowboy Bebop related. That show is in my top 3 favorite animes. <3
The last few episodes of the anime and the movie were both amazing.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Gosh, your social anxiety disorder must be so crippling for you.
I gasped when I read this haha. The fact that I'm comfortable enough to incorporate my anxiety in my stories should be an indication that I've come a long way! Therapy, a short period of medication, and an amazing inner circle of friends and family did wonders for me. Yes, I still have really bad anxiety and it beats me some days but I like the struggle I go through with it. I like that my friends are trying to get all my dirty little secrets out of me so they can understand me better and I pat myself on the back when I actually admit I'm losing my mind because it shows the trust I'm putting in people. I love people and I want to become close to so many more besides just the ones I have in my life now. I go to parties and other social gatherings because my love for people overpowers my insecurities. PARTIES ARE SO AWKWARD but just the thought that I'm out and about really gives me something to smile about at the end of the night. So to sum it all up I guess I'll say that my anxiety is very annoying but I think I do a really good job of managing it. I'm very happy with the direction I'm heading and I don't think I'd be who I am without my extreme social awkwardness to overcome. =)

AND I'M SORRY btmangan for ruining your topic! I feel so guilty but the thought of someone worrying about me or feeling sad due to me is something I hate!

·
Registered
712 Posts
I gasped when I read this haha. The fact that I'm comfortable enough to incorporate my anxiety in my stories should be an indication that I've come a long way! Therapy, a short period of medication, and an amazing inner circle of friends and family did wonders for me. Yes, I still have really bad anxiety and it beats me some days but I like the struggle I go through with it. I like that my friends are trying to get all my dirty little secrets out of me so they can understand me better and I pat myself on the back when I actually admit I'm losing my mind because it shows the trust I'm putting in people. I love people and I want to become close to so many more besides just the ones I have in my life now. I go to parties and other social gatherings because my love for people overpowers my insecurities. PARTIES ARE SO AWKWARD but just the thought that I'm out and about really gives me something to smile about at the end of the night. So to sum it all up I guess I'll say that my anxiety is very annoying but I think I do a really good job of managing it. I'm very happy with the direction I'm heading and I don't think I'd be who I am without my extreme social awkwardness to overcome. =)

AND I'M SORRY btmangan for ruining your topic! I feel so guilty but the thought of someone worrying about me or feeling sad due to me is something I hate!
Wow. That's really good to hear :happy:

Sorry to have bothered you with feeling sad for you - I can see how that could be irritating. I'll just stick to worrying about my own friend who REFUSES to do anything about her anxiety, other than to constantly beat herself up about it, adding severe depression to her problems, then bury her head in the sand and hope that one day she will just magically disappear.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I also like knowing that it's not popular weather so if I want to go out, it's nice and peaceful out there and I do do that. Plus it's really nice to look at and I agree with katey it does give off a smell... I plan my walks too like bubbleboy and I enjoy having a road/trail all to myself. It's hard to admire and soak in the surroundings when it's busy, I find beauty just gets amplified if I am alone to experience it

But when I have no choice in crowds, I use my umbrella and hide inside :p And seems you hear the rain more when you're under there too

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Keep trying with your friend! She needs to get it in her head somehow that life is awesome and things get better if you take steps to make them better. Be careful with how direct you are though. And you don't have to say sorry haha. I appreciate your honesty. It's just that I really don't like the spotlight on me. I'm practicing getting over that fear though!

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
Sunshine and clear skies are boring. Tempestuous storms, gale force winds, flashes of lighting that fill the sky, thunder that splits the mightiest tree in the forest...now THAT is my idea of a beautiful day!:tongue:

·
Registered
108 Posts
I love it. for some reason it makes me think about a lot of things and find answers to any problem

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is my first post. Yes, I will introduce myself later, but rain is very meaningful to me. When I legally changed my name, I chose a name that means rain.

When I recognized love for a man the first time, it was while we were talking in the rain.

Walking in the rain is a luxury I have not allowed myself the pleasure of in years, but thinking of it makes me want to. Usually, i just curl up with my books and listen to it on my roof window. i have even considered moving to the room upstairs, so i could listen to it on the roof.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts