Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 283 Posts

·
Fu Dominant
10,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey there, crazy kids!

So, every PerC member's lined up and you have to choose one to hug. Who would it be, and more importantly, why them over any other? SOs don't count for this, by the way, for those of you couples around here. :eek:P No-brainers are no fun.

So, let's have it. Who gets your hug?

Bonus: Who would you want to hug you if you were one of the people lined up waiting? And again, why them over any other?

Edit/Addition: Names are not necessary, if you'd prefer that the recipient of your hug remain anon. This is mainly about the why factor. And I still would ask that those of you with SOs here on the forums do not choose them and hide under the no-names flag. Like I said, no-brainers are no fun. :eek:P Of course you'd hug your SO.

Feel free to name them by type instead, if they have one that you're aware of and you feel more comfortable that way. It's that you're thinking about them that matters more than that we are.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Is it okay if I don't out people in case I inadvertently embarrass them? I'd like to hug several people I've met on PerC, and the top ones happen to be INFJs - yeah, so I'm biased.
And why them? Because they get me. I don't have to over-defend where I'm coming from; I'm not met with cold, hard logic only and nothing else. Instead, I'm met with a balanced nature, depth, intellect AND compassion. That stuff goes a long way for me, someone whose feelings tend to be scoffed at by some who aren't so empathetic.

·
Fu Dominant
10,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, if you would prefer to avoid using names, that's cool. It's really about the why more than the who. You can just ID them by type if you feel more comfortable with that. Like, "I would hug a special XXXX because..."

I'm mainly just interested to see the possible motivations. By having you think of a specific person, it should help you to be more specific with the reason(s) why. :eek:) And as far as mentioning names goes, I didn't intend it to make people feel singled out or anything negative like that. I just figured someone special might appreciate feeling loved.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Yes, if you would prefer to avoid using names, that's cool. It's really about the why more than the who. You can just ID them by type if you feel more comfortable with that. Like, "I would hug a special XXXX because..."

I'm mainly just interested to see the possible motivations. By having you think of a specific person, it should help you to be more specific with the reason(s) why. :eek:) And as far as mentioning names goes, I didn't intend it to make people feel singled out or anything negative like that. I just figured someone special might appreciate feeling loved.
Ah, okay, thanks for further clarifying. Here's one: I would like to hug an INFJ who possesses the gift of turning words into magic that I find myself in a reverie each time I read his phrases and sentences. So, thank you, Mr. INFJ.

Another: I would definitely love to hug another INFJ. She looks like a mythical goddess. She soothes me with her depth, kindness, and grace. She is intelligent and charismatic and just plain sparkly. I'd love to go shopping with her. Too bad we live far away from each other, but maybe we'll meet one day. :)

·
Fu Dominant
10,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got it! I'd hug @Lady Nurture because she was the first to befriend me here. You know, back when I was an unknown noob. ;o) That small gesture made me feel very welcome on the forums, so hugs to you, Lady N!

As to who I'd like a hug from, hmm... (besides Lady N, of course)... Probably someone willing to hug but shy/timid so that I wouldn't get crunched in a bear hug or something. ;o) I was going to say I'd like to get a hug from someone of a type that's generally not comfortable with hugs, just to try and change their mind on that, but I won't be that mean.

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
I'd want to hug those having a hard time ^_^. Why? - Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia

1 - 20 of 283 Posts