Personality Cafe banner

Who is 4w5 with a 479 tritype on this forum?

Tags
479 4w5 tritype
6K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  ezekielchambers1 
#1 ·
Just for fun, who's also 4w5 and 479 tritype on this forum? I usually see the Gentle Spirit paired with 4w3, but i'd like to know if this combination is popular in here.

Do you think that 5 wing might interfere with that 7 high-spirited energy?

#4 ·
Yeah, I agree to an extent it is more natural for an INFP/ISFP to be a Seeker but actually it's not exclusive just to them. There's a blog post here that lists most common MBTI types and INFJ is there.

That's why I was curious to hear how it plays out for the INFJ because I can imagine a lot of conflicting feelings and desires, plus not a typical Seeker. At least this is how it comes out for me. For a long time I believed I'm a 1 as my gut fix but it's actually a 9 as I'm much more conflict-averse. I've also realised that when you're trying to differentiate and pinpoint an enneagram type/archetype you need to "separate" yourself from MBTI and any other typology. Distinguishing your energies then becomes a bit easier. There were some INFJ Seekers lurking around PerC few years ago but they no longer seem to be active. Hope someone shares their Seeker experiences eventually. :D

Check out that blog I shared. You may find something useful there for you, too. :)

#6 ·
Yeah, I agree to an extent it is more natural for an INFP/ISFP to be a Seeker but actually it's not exclusive just to them. There's a blog post here that lists most common MBTI types and INFJ is there.

That's why I was curious to hear how it plays out for the INFJ because I can imagine a lot of conflicting feelings and desires, plus not a typical Seeker. At least this is how it comes out for me. For a long time I believed I'm a 1 as my gut fix but it's actually a 9 as I'm much more conflict-averse. I've also realised that when you're trying to differentiate and pinpoint an enneagram type/archetype you need to "separate" yourself from MBTI and any other typology. Distinguishing your energies then becomes a bit easier. There were some INFJ Seekers lurking around PerC few years ago but they no longer seem to be active. Hope someone shares their Seeker experiences eventually. :D

Check out that blog I shared. You may find something useful there for you, too. :)
Yeah, Seekers come from all walk of life to be honest, like most of the Archetypes. You're also right when you say that in order to separate your MBTI type from your Enneatype in order to garner better accuracy, especially Tritype. From my personal experience, finding my actual tritype was a pain... I immediately stuck with the 459 archetype at first, because it fits well with a 4w5 INFP, but something as definitively missing from the Contemplative description. Everything as a bit too hermetic and air-tight. I then went for 469, then 479, then back to 459... even considered 471 and 451 for a bit! But in the end, 479 was a perfect fit. I definitively possess the gentle, magical energy of the archetype even if I don't always fit with the 7 energy. The fact that I have a 5 wing was very tricky for me, since I feel both the pull of 5's desire thirst for knowledge depth and 7's need for variety and lightness.

Oh, and is it me or 469's description seems a bit too negative? All this doubtful and questioning energy...I mean :(

#12 ·
749 here enfp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Karkino
#16 ·
sx/sp means that your immediate response to any potential threats manifests first through intimate relationships (anxieties pertaining to separation, loss, etc.) and that you are instinctually geared to search and sacrifice for gaining intimacy by choosing a select few people. Additionnally, depending on the strength of your secondary instinct, issues relating to belonging or being exclued from a group (friends, communities, family, etc.) may be important to resolve in order to regain inner balance.

In a nutshell, your first instinct could be regarded as your greatest strength, but also your greatest weakness, since it triggers an intense defense response to any percieved threat pertaining to certain areas of the instinct.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.