Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not trying to stereotype any one personality but who does everyone think is more likely to cheat. From what I’ve read about the n/s function I’m in g the middle as either is likely to cheat. Sensors have a tendency to be here and now and get caught up in the moment. But sensors are past and present focused and they tend to like what is familiar and do what has been done before. Intuitives are interested take a little more interest in the unknown and usually are more willing to pursue something that’s never been done before. I’m in the middle and think it comes down more to the individual and their morals/values and how much self control they have.

·
Registered
ESTP 7w8 so/sx
889 Posts
No. I think it's based on Fi or Ti, and Se or Si.

Si is the least likely to cheat, so let's first get the types with Si:

ENFP, ENTP, ESFJ, ESTJ, INFP, INTP, ISFJ, ISTJ

The ones that are Si-dominant are the absolute bottom tier for cheating. So:

15th: ISFJ (ISFJ is slightly more likely to cheat because Ti)
16th: ISTJ
The rest of those:

9th: ENTP (inferior Si, Ti)
10th: ENFP (inferior Si, Fi)
11th: INTP (tertiary Si, Ti)
12th: INFP (tertiary Si, Fi)
13th: ESFJ (auxiliary Si, Ti)
14th: ESTJ (auxiliary Si, Fi)

Now the types with Se, which are the real sluts:

1st: ESTP (dominant Se, Ti)
2nd: ESFP (dominant Se, Fi)
3rd: ISTP (auxiliary Se, Ti)
4th: ISFP (auxiliary Se, Fi)
5th: ENFJ (tertiary Se, Ti)
6th: ENTJ (tertiary Se, Fi)
7th: INFJ (inferior Se, Ti)
8th: INTJ (inferior Se, Fi)

So the grand list of most to least likely cheaters:

1. ESTP
2. ESFP
3. ISTP
4. ISFP
5. ENFJ
6. ENTJ
7. INFJ
8. INTJ
9. ENTP
10. ENFP
11. INTP
12. INFP
13. ESFJ
14. ESTJ
15. ISFJ
16. ISTJ

·
Registered
Why do you want to know my vehicle details.
4,926 Posts
Sensors. Especially ESxP, although that really depends quite a lot on upbringing, values, sense of morality, etc than on anything MBTI related.

I've never cheated on any of my partners, but if I were unhappily stuck in a relationship then I might consider it. I probably wouldn't though since I can't do it like an ESTP or ESFP could possibly do without even thinking about the consequences.

·
Registered
9,885 Posts
Sensors. Especially ESxP, although that really depends quite a lot on upbringing, values, sense of morality, etc than on anything MBTI related.

I've never cheated on any of my partners, but if I were unhappily stuck in a relationship then I might consider it. I probably wouldn't though since I can't do it like an ESTP or ESFP could possibly do without even thinking about the consequences.
:laughing:

·
Registered
ENTP type 8
86 Posts
ENTP here and i have cheated a lot, i still can't manage to stop i suppose i shouldn't blame my personality type but more so the past context of my love life issues that i have yet to face or moved past

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
People more likely to cheat:
- People nearing 7 years of marriage
- People at/after 20 years of marriage
- People who have cheated before
- People who are about to reach another decade of age
- People who are economically dependent on their partners
- People age 55 and older

Source, source, source

There's basically no way to scientifically demonstrate any MBTI correlation even if one did exist. First you'd have to get people somehow "objectively" typed... then you'd have to get a completely random pool of people who are somehow objectively typed... then you'd have to get them to all admit to cheating if they have done so... I'm calling this one a moot point... any "data" here is either going to be logic-based conjecture or anecdotal, or both.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Sensors, because iNuitives often have much deeper moral believes.

But honestly, that's as far as I'm gonna go in this... Let's say that makes it a 51-49 split.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I would say intuitives are more open and curious toward cheating, sensors would do it likelier. Compounded by perceiving and/or by extraversion. But, to be quite frank, it's moreso on the environment and the individual's worldview before MBTI can factor it, and MBTI is negligible to that.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ENTP here and i have cheated a lot, i still can't manage to stop i suppose i shouldn't blame my personality type but more so the past context of my love life issues that i have yet to face or moved past
Perhaps you should work on your self control and maybe you wouldn’t cheat anymore

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No. I think it's based on Fi or Ti, and Se or Si.

Si is the least likely to cheat, so let's first get the types with Si:

ENFP, ENTP, ESFJ, ESTJ, INFP, INTP, ISFJ, ISTJ

The ones that are Si-dominant are the absolute bottom tier for cheating. So:

15th: ISFJ (ISFJ is slightly more likely to cheat because Ti)
16th: ISTJ
The rest of those:

9th: ENTP (inferior Si, Ti)
10th: ENFP (inferior Si, Fi)
11th: INTP (tertiary Si, Ti)
12th: INFP (tertiary Si, Fi)
13th: ESFJ (auxiliary Si, Ti)
14th: ESTJ (auxiliary Si, Fi)

Now the types with Se, which are the real sluts:

1st: ESTP (dominant Se, Ti)
2nd: ESFP (dominant Se, Fi)
3rd: ISTP (auxiliary Se, Ti)
4th: ISFP (auxiliary Se, Fi)
5th: ENFJ (tertiary Se, Ti)
6th: ENTJ (tertiary Se, Fi)
7th: INFJ (inferior Se, Ti)
8th: INTJ (inferior Se, Fi)

So the grand list of most to least likely cheaters:

1. ESTP
2. ESFP
3. ISTP
4. ISFP
5. ENFJ
6. ENTJ
7. INFJ
8. INTJ
9. ENTP
10. ENFP
11. INTP
12. INFP
13. ESFJ
14. ESTJ
15. ISFJ
16. ISTJ
I’ve seen a mbti list of most likely to cheat not here but on the web and sp types including introverts are usually listed as highest offenders. Although I have a esfp friend whom has been faithfully married for over 30 years so I do believe it comes down to morals and values.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

what’s your type.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There was another thread on here about which types are most likely to cheat and esfp/estp were at the top. They do seem to have a bad reputation when it comes to being faithful.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think cheaters both male and female are scum and deserve to burn in hell. If your not happy about something in a relationship talk about it with your partner if you can’t work it out move on. I’m an istj male and never cheated before. Some say it’s cause their needs aren’t met. I like to fuck women in the ass and some of my girlfriends have been into it while others aren’t. But I’m not going to go and cheat on them cause their not into back door action I just do without. The only time I might stray is if a partner stopped having sex entirely with me which had yet to happen although I had to beg one partner for sex.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts