Personality Cafe banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I agree with BlueRaspberry that 9s are likely the most empathetic, as opposed to 2 or 4 or 3.
But if you just look at 2 and 3 and 4, I would say on the whole, 2s are likely to be more empathetic than 3 or 4. Of course this varies by individual, but in general I experience 2s as more empathetic.

For me as a type 4, I dont' consider that demonstrating empathy is as important, as loving people. And I arrive at love in what I consider a natural way, not a forced way. So if I dont' feel love, then I dont' feel it and I feel no obligation to come across as loving or empathetic. But the 2 does feel some pressure to be loving/empathetic and if this is genuine, it's delightful, but when it's not fully authentic, it is disappointing or even gross.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I think Twos are generally empathetic and consider other people's feelings more often. They can intuit how others feel with uncanny accuracy. I believe, as a Four, that the majority of Fours are immensely empathetic but have a harder time showing the extent of that empathy outwardly. So, I would say that Twos are the most outwardly empathetic, however, Fours feel and empathize deeper.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Quick disclaimer: Any type can be empathetic. Blah blah blah

Now we got that out of the way.
I honestly don't think any of them are truly empathetic to the core.

I think 4's are more self absorbed and can often overlook the feelings of others, they can't see the forest for the trees.
3's I'm not sure about. I'm not sure I've ever really known or at least been close to one.
and as a 2, myself...

I don't think of myself as empathetic. I think that it's a misconception that Type 2 intuitively KNOWS what other people are feeling.

Type 2's are caring, yes. Whether it's an unhealthy, "manipulative" 2 or an emotionally healthy 2. We care deeply.
But I think that there's a line to be drawn and it can be hard to put up with other peoples bs and pity parties sometimes. I think a healthy 2 will look at it objectively like an 8 would and begin putting their foot down.

I will agree that the most empathetic type is probably one of the gut types though. Definitely either a healthy 8 or healthy 9 for sure.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
It's not the type, it's the health level.

Low health level: lacking in empathy.
High health level: very empathic.

In regards to Heart types, beware the Unhealthy (even the Average ones, really) Heart types,for they will make a show of Heart and empathy, rather than expressing an honest Heart.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts