Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who Is The Most "Extroverted" Introvert, and Who Is The Most "Introverted" Extrovert?

Some people have told me that apparently, ENFPs are the least outgoing Extrovert out of all the other Extroverts.

I am not too sure on who is the most outgoing Intoverted type is, though. What do you guys think? :D

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Damn, that would make sense...ENFPs can seem very introvert?
INFJs can seem extrovert maybe, thanks to their Fe. The most extroverted introvert would be INFJ maybe, or ISFJ.
The most introverted extrovert? ENTP or ENFP.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lullaby- I'm suspecting this one online friend I have who typed herself as an INFP, may very well in fact be an ISFP... And she's very introverted. :laughing: (Ilovehersomuchthough!)

scarygirl- No idea, but will have to find out myself! I really think ISFJs could be the most extroverted introverts, though, so good job there! :happy:

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Well, I am probably biased, because the most extreme introverts I know are all ISFJs. But then again, my ISFJ ex gets very wild and animated around his friends, so you definitely have a point. :)

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Here's a thread where there was a lot of discussion about this:

http://personalitycafe.com/myers-briggs-forum/30632-most-introverted-vs-extroverted-types.html

Basically, it's really hard to say across the board...and that's because you never know when someone is acting like they're having a good time or getting energy when they're really being drained.

For example, some people were saying that ISFJ's seem to be the most extroverted introvert, but then others argued that ISFJ's, due to their auxiliary Fe, sometimes did things with others that drained them.

And, of course, where someone falls on the I/E line is going to be different for each person. You could have an extremely introverted ISTP, but then you could have another who's very borderline and is almost an ESTP.

So to be honest, this is a situation where even when speaking in general terms, I don't really think there's a clear answer.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
I'd say that the T-type extraverts are less extraverted simply because they have less interest in people and relationships in general. So when they go out they may prefer to engage in solitary activities, which is still extraversion considering that they are interacting with the environment but not extraversion as most people define it as spending time with other people. Contrary to this extraversion of F-type extraverts may center around being with other people. ExFJs would probably be viewed as the most extraverted types while ExTJs may be perceived as least extraverted. From introverts INFPs and ISFPs seem to be most extraverted types.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm going to have to go ahead and say that ISFJs are the most outgoing introverts out of all the other introverted types. :proud:

My sister, I suspect, is an ENTP and she is outgoing and very lively. I have an ENFP friend here and he always stresses how much he enjoys alone time. :happy:

·
Banned
2,475 Posts
GODPOWERED BUMP

It's intresting how that made me know for sure I was an ISFJ. I could be outgoing as a child around familiar people as much as I could be completely introverted and shy when alone or in unfamiliar company.

Buuut -that's fcked up nowadays due to my beloved social anxiety ofcourse.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I'd have to agree that ISFJs being the most extroverted introverts. Maybe ISFPs as well, considering that my best friend is and she can be more outgoing than me sometimes.

As for introverted extroverts, ENFP.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
There's no Exxx's who are more introverted than others or Ixxx's that are more extraverted than others, only misunderstandings about what it really means to have an E/I preference.

ENPs aren't introverted extraverts. We downplay experiential data and aren't primarily about outward conceptualization or evaluation. These things may be the only things that seem like extraversion to some people. The misunderstanding also probably has something to do with near-contradiction of being both primarily extraverted and intuitive (and also.... sensing that is introverted? what's up with that?) But they're real, I assure you.....

(shooting star)

Reactions: Wartime Consigliere

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm an ENTP and, while I am loud and goofy and shit, I am not actually that outgoing, and while meeting new people, I can come across as cold and introverted. I put it down to the NT, most rationals seem to come across as cold at first, but if you get to know us, we can be fairly lively.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Some people have told me that apparently, ENFPs are the least outgoing Extrovert out of all the other Extroverts.

I am not too sure on who is the most outgoing Intoverted type is, though. What do you guys think? :D
ENFPs most introverted extrovert, ISTJs the most outgoing inrovert or at least he most social introvert.

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
This thread has the potential to be interesting, but it needs terminological rigour.

Let's use these labels (I know that they are stereotypes, but the reason I'm using them is to more clearly define the different meanings that people ascribe to "introverted" and "extraverted".

* most/least likely to congregate in groups for purely "social" purposes
* most/least likely to prefer solitary activities
* gets bored/distracted most/least easily
* having the greatest/smallest number of friends and aquaintances
* having a small number of close friends (can be a subset of large number of friends and acquaintances)
* most/least likely to prefer solitary academic activities
* most/least likely to prefer solitary sporting activities (including walking etc.)
* most/least likely to prefer team sports
* most/least likely to prefer daring, thrill-seeking activities
* most/ least likely to seek or enjoy new experiences
* most/least likely to need feedback about themselves from others
*most/ least interested in personal growth/ self-reflection
* most/ least likely to be emotionally expressive
* most/least likely to be task-focused (rather than people-focused)
* most/least likely to open up about themselves, give their opinions
* most/least "confident", assertive, bossy .....
* most likely to live in ideal dream-world in their head

This list is by no means exhaustive, please add any points I've missed.
OK, I'll now try to apply these criteria to different types, but I'll only refer to people I actually know, I won't try to use theories to predict the behaviour of types I don't know. I'm just guessing, though, correct me if I'm wrong.

Extraverts:

* least likely to congregate in groups for purely "social" purposes: EXTJ
* most likely to prefer solitary activities: probably ENTP, ENFP
* greatest number of friends and aquaintances: ESFP, ENFP
* having a few close friends: ENTP, maybe ENFP
* least likely to be open about themselves, give opinion: ESFJ (depends on level of bitchiness, though... I mean bitchiness as a compliment), ENTPs (seem open, but mainly adapt to other people's topics of conversation, can be difficult to get them to talk about their own interests, opinions etc., not clear whether they would initiate a conversation about a particular topic or whether they are just talking about it because they can)
* dream-world: maybe ENTP and ENFP
* least "confident", assertive, bossy: ESFP and ENFP
* needs least feedback about themselves from others: hum.... ESFP?
* personal growth/ self-reflection: ENTP, ENFJ

Introverts:
* most likely to congregate in groups for purely "social" purposes: ISFJ
* least likely to congregate: ISTP? , ISTJ, INTJ, (some INTPs.... some hate it but do it anyway because they are
well-behaved)
* most likely to have great circle of friends and aquaintances: ISFJ, INFJ
* least open about themselves, giving opinions: ISFJ (even after a long time), INTPs (initially, but open up later)
* most open about themselves, giving opinions: INFJ, INTJ (probably ISFP and INFP as well, but I'm not sure I know any)
* most "confident", assertive, bossy: INTJ, INFJ
* dream-world: INFJ (I odn't personally know any INFPs well enough, so that's why I chose INFJ)
* needs most feedback about themselves from others: ISFJ, INFJ, INTJ, (some INTPs)
* needs least feedback from others: ISTP?, ISTJ, (some INTPs), maybe INFP (but I don't know any)

Please keep in mind that this is only based on what people of each type have told me and there may me lots of things that they haven't told me about.

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ
16,000 Posts
I would say that this is something that must be evaluated on an individual basis. Given the right set of circumstances, it would seem possible for any type to exhibit extraverted traits. How does one measure this with any hope of accuracy?

Type defines certain core preferences and motivations, it does not define the person as a whole. It provides clues to what drives us, but it does not speak to every possible variable that influences who we are. To imply otherwise is to sell others short.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts