Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 390 Posts

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think ENTP because they are usually very witty and intelligent. When I was younger I would break off relations with them because I was scared of being hurt. They come across as players.

My grandfather was an INTJ and you should have seen how everyone in my family would try to impress him. I never did that, I was always myself and I think he liked that. Although I worked with an INTJ who was VERY INTIMIDATING, he made me cry...seriously. It wasn't because of anything he said, I just knew I disappointed him. I wanted to impress him and failed miserably. Not only did I cry, right in front of him and other staff I proclaimed "I AM NOT WORKING WITH THAT MAN ANYMORE!!". Good Lord /face palm, no I wasn't fired. He was a doctor and I was a nurse working together on a case. My stupid inappropriate (and unprofessional) emotions caused sincere puzzlement to him. God that was embarrassing. I generally like the INTJs on the forum, I like their advice they make me feel like I am a hobbit talking to Gandalf LOL. Not the younger INTJs, they are still in their...phase.

Married to an ENTJ saw his inner fuzzy immediately. When he is at work I have witnessed him in action, he seems like such an ass LOL and people are running around doing what he says. I told him once that he sounded like a dickhead at work, he was so surprised. I swear he has no idea how brash he can come across.

Oh INTPs I like you guys :). Not intimidating and usually very entertaining in a good way. I think we perceive things in a similar way but act so different.

Okay maybe INTJs are the most intimidating, especially the less developed ones that carry the "you are stupid, not worthy of life" air around them. The more in touch their Fe, the better :).

·
Registered
426 Posts
Depends. INTPs can be very intimidating in a sense of power, as in walking into a room and people noticing. presence, is the word i suppose.
Do you mean physically, socially, emotionally, intellectually? details are the spice of life!

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depends. INTPs can be very intimidating in a sense of power, as in walking into a room and people noticing. presence, is the word i suppose.
Do you mean physically, socially, emotionally, intellectually? details are the spice of life!
What are details??? :p

I am letting the posters answer by their own interpretation of what they consider intimidating. Note the different way ENTPs intimidate me than INTJs. I bet most people wouldn't find them intimidating, especially ENTJs, ENFP's. I am also an INFP, so it would be interesting to see how other types see perceive the 4 NTs.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Well then as i said, depends.
On a side note, when it comes to INTPs, I'm pretty sure that "Depends" is actually the most commonly used word, not "The"

·
Registered
426 Posts
In my real life expereince? Small town, I'm the only NT I know :'(

Reactions: Yadids

·
Registered
957 Posts
INTJ: most intimidating. They radiate waves of raw intellect and lucidity, don't care for small talk or interpersonal warmth (also my favorite type, mind you)

ENTJ: much less intimidating, to me their tendency to be domineering and disregard for feelings is just a sign of insecurity. They're more annoying than anything else.

XNTP's: not intimidating. Have that lovely yet discrete Ne-Fe vibe to them, very open to discussing any subject, always have interesting things to say and new ideas to put forwards. Happy to make their ideas simpler for you to understand. Much more respectful than NTJ's (Te is rude, man).

·
Registered
957 Posts
This is so the opposite of my experience with INTP's.
The ones I know are all what I'd call "polite observers", power is the last word I'd use to describe them (and I find it much better that way)

What you're describing sounds more like type 8

·
Banned
521 Posts
What are details??? :p

I am letting the posters answer by their own interpretation of what they consider intimidating. Note the different way ENTPs intimidate me than INTJs. I bet most people wouldn't find them intimidating, especially ENTJs, ENFP's. I am also an INFP, so it would be interesting to see how other types see perceive the 4 NTs.
I generally find the ENTx types more annoying than the INTx types. Exxx types often don't seem to have a good idea of boundaries and rights - they tend to try to control more than they should and they might [frequently] make demands that are irrational (unbalanced/unfair).

NT's ordered by level of annoyance - Game of Thrones Edition

ENTJ

ENTP

INTJ

INTP

·
Registered
426 Posts
No worries...they will come. Move out of that small city before it sucks the life out of you INTP, god that must be lonely!
Ding. My graduating class is 73 people. Ah well, next year it's off to college....well, technically this summer

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
INTJ: most intimidating. They radiate waves of raw intellect and lucidity, don't care for small talk or interpersonal warmth (also my favorite type, mind you)

ENTJ: much less intimidating, to me their tendency to be domineering and disregard for feelings is just a sign of insecurity. They're more annoying than anything else.

XNTP's: not intimidating. Have that lovely yet discrete Ne-Fe vibe to them, very open to discussing any subject, always have interesting things to say and new ideas to put forwards. Happy to make their ideas simpler for you to understand. Much more respectful than NTJ's (Te is rude, man).
I don't think ENTJs are insecure, in fact quite the opposite. I am talking about the healthy ones. Their confidence and natural leadership is often misperceived as arrogant. The whole reason I came to PerC was to delve into the psyche of these mysterious confident creatures.

Thank you for your response though! :))

·
Registered
274 Posts
it doesn't all rely on a personality type. people are different they morph change personlities and create problems misunderstings because they don't don't what's going on with them. when you change personalities everything is scary you don't know what to do how to live and how to treat others. im sorry you were hurt but i see you got through it through compassion and understanding that he meant you know harm because people innately love people and want to connect but don't know how.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I generally find the ENTx types more annoying than the INTx types. Exxx types often don't seem to have a good idea of boundaries and rights - they tend to try to control more than they should and they might [frequently] make demands that are irrational (unbalanced/unfair).

NT's ordered by level of annoyance - Game of Thrones Edition

ENTJ

ENTP

INTJ

INTP

I love that you weave Game of Thrones in this thread it's my favorite TV show, and currently on book 2. BTW Robert Baratheon ESFP IMO, and Tyrion is an ENTP!! I agree with Tywin and Cersie.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
it doesn't all rely on a personality type. people are different they morph change personlities and create problems misunderstings because they don't don't what's going on with them. when you change personalities everything is scary you don't know what to do how to live and how to treat others. im sorry you were hurt but i see you got through it through compassion and understanding that he meant you know harm because people innately love people and want to connect but don't know how.
No fun

·
Registered
166 Posts
I don't whink ENTx are more intimidating than INTx. It's true that ENTx usually want to have the control more than INTx, but... Are they really more intimidating? ENTP no. Hell, no. ENTJs? You can think it, but... They're only intimidating as a "boss", I say... They're not intimidating really for me, they only seem it and in a few ocassions.
I think INTJ can be the most intimidating NT-type in general, because the INTPs I met usually try to be more "peaceful" and they only seem cold, but they don't intimidate.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Hmm I think xNTJ's are more likely to actively try to intimidate others; especially unhealthy ones.

I'd list INTP's as least intimidating; at least at first glance. The only INTP's I see trying to be intimidating are ones with security issues who want to seem bigger than they are and then project this intimidation trait onto all INTP's....they also tend to be teenagers.

·
Banned
3,344 Posts
My logic is intimidating. You can't escape it. Some INTPs are more intimidating than anybody else to the most powerful people in the world.

1 - 20 of 390 Posts