Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a test and it mentioned that INTJs are likely to have this, don't know if it's legit. Is this true for you? If so, how do you deal with it? It's been hindrance to me. I have this inner conflict where a part of me is pushing to correct small insignificant details (for eg. on a sheet of paper -- everything has to look perfect, which it never does so I end up writing my math test on a new set of paper and failing then raging on my oblivious cat), the other part is dying because I know I'm wasting energy.

Are You a Perfectionist?
Back to Test | Tell A Friend | Comment | Feedback | Random Test

After completing "Are You a Perfectionist?" test you have scored 5 point(s). Please read your personal test results provided below.

This person would probably make a great bank examiner or IRS agent. Again, many of the adjective used in the criteria are very positive if they are not extreme. Devoted to work, conscientious, detail oriented, perfectionist, thrifty and tenacious are a few of the positive descriptive adjectives that could depict this person. These are very valuable traits for some professions. If a surgeon performed brain surgery on me, I would prefer a conscientious perfectionist. I don't want to find later that the wrong lobe was removed.

Bonus

From a personality perspective, I am convinced that many INTJs (Introverted, intuitive, thinking judging—Myers Briggs Personality Type Indicator) suffer from OCPD. Also, as I said earlier, you must have OCPD to get a doctorate. They simply will not award the degree until you pass the OCPD criteria, all nine of them.

The similar sounding Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder can be distinguished from the personality disorder presence of true obsessions and compulsions. True compulsions and obsessive thoughts are part of the criteria for OCD. If someone must wash his or her hands 25 times before each meal, the diagnosis is more likely to be OCD. An obsession is an irrational motive for performing trivial or repetitive actions against one’s will. This diagnosis is usually more disruptive socially and professionally than the less serious personality disorder.

Early Behavior

No mention is made in the DSM IV about early behaviors. Twice as many men as women are diagnosed with OCPD. If a particular behavior such as high productivity, is valued and emphasized by one's culture, it is not an indication of OCPD>

Symptoms from the National Institute of Health
Perfectionism
Inflexibility
Preoccupations with details, rules and lists
Reluctance to allow others to do things
Excessive devotions to work
Lack of generosity
Inability to throw things away even if there is not value in the object.

Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder - Personality Quizzes

Tell me what you think and how worthless this post is and how I can see this from a brighter perspective, there's nothing comparably beneficial with the downsides of this crap. I've corrected this sentence 6 times now. Fuck.

·
Administrator
INTJ - ILI - 8w9 - Libtard
22,601 Posts
People who have obsessive compulsions are most likely to have predisposition to OCPD not people who have Ni Te Fi Se as their cognitive functions.

Cognitive functions are the order and way in which we think.

OCPD is a personality disorder which can affect any person of any type.

Just for the record NPD, BPD, Schizoid PD, APD, or any other PD or mood disorder are particular to INTJs, or any other type.

Being good at getting a degree isn't particular to INTJs either. There are other types out there who get them and they don't have OCPD either. My mother is INTP has a doctorate and lives with dust bunnies and loses her cup of tea in the mess she creates.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
People who have obsessive compulsions are most likely to have predisposition to OCPD not people who have Ni Te Fi Se as their cognitive functions.
I had no idea!

Cognitive functions are the order and way in which we think.
That too!

OCPD is a personality disorder which can affect any person of any type.
This too, what have I been doing?

Just for the record NPD, BPD, Schizoid PD, APD, or any other PD or mood disorder are particular to INTJs, or any other type.

Being good at getting a degree isn't particular to INTJs either. There are other types out there who get them and they don't have OCPD either. My mother is INTP has a doctorate and lives with dust bunnies and loses her cup of tea in the mess she creates.
Very insightful.

The results don't say why so many INTJs score high on the OCPD ratio.

·
Administrator
INTJ - ILI - 8w9 - Libtard
22,601 Posts
I had no idea!

That too!

This too, what have I been doing?

Very insightful.

The results don't say why so many INTJs score high on the OCPD ratio.
This is a personality type that has an awful lots of mistypes. That is why.

EDIT: Even though the obviousness of this will probably invite more sarcasm I will explain why.

The real question really should be; why are so many OCPDs or why so many schizoid PDs (and various others) scoring as INTJs?

The crippling effects of a disorder can trick a person into believing the "traits" of INTJ are the traits of the disorder. You aren't the first one to ask this question,or other PDs which is why I added schizoid and NPD.

There have been tests passed through here for various disorders, they vary and the tests are pretty worthless at gaining insight usually. People mistake minor traits for DSM traits which are extreme, crippling, and literal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts