Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Was wondering if there is a "perfect" match for ISTPs? Im not sure what type the guy I dated last was but I know that he drained me with his constant needs. He wants me to be more open with my feelings and thought that since I was not meant that I didnt care about him as much as he did for me.

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
Well this is a constant debate depending on the person. But a lot of us like ENFP's, some of us like INFP's. Others like ENTJ's... I personally like ENFP's, INFJ's, and ESFP's.

also ISFP's.

·
Registered
743 Posts
ExFJs can be good... not always. Handle with care.

And yes, ENFPs and ISTP seem to get alone pretty well.

And INFJs have that air of tragedy that makes me :blushed: whenever I talk to one, but YMMV.

Reactions: EnfPrincess

·
Registered
305 Posts
It's certainly down to individual taste.

For me it's definately the INFP/ENFP combination. I also feel that 'vibe' around INFJ's...though I can't understand what it is that is so attractive about that.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I thought the ENFPs, liked us... not we them.
So certainly individual taste... no absolutely, I'm not like the rest.

To you Kel28, someone less F?

·
Registered
46 Posts
WELL

Ive been with two ISFP an ESTJ and currently with another ISTP. I think the main thing is I need to pair up with another T. F types just seem to have problems that I have no way of helping.

ISTP-ISTP is going really well. She is awesome. Only like 2% of females are ISTP though

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
I seem to really like ENFP's, INFJ's, and ESFP's...

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
I've only ever been attracted to the badass type. Unfortunately they always metamorphosize into sad, jelly-like entities shortly after I meet them. Which has led me to wonder if the whole badass routine is just a facade that certain F-type men use to hide their colossal wussiness. Either way... I sure know how to pick 'em!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ive been dating an INFP for a while now, i think we realy compliment one another. If anyone else is dating an INFP id love to hear the chemisty there.

·
Banned
2,155 Posts

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
Actually I'd love an INTP. Only problem is female INTP's don't exist. So I typically don't factor them into my thought process.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
True.....I would say the same is true for female ISTP's :(

But I think MBTI is a little skewed, as women are naturally more "emotional". So I would say many women INFP's are actually INTP's, they just don't know it. That's my theory anyways.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
If the same theory goes for INTP women as it does for ISTP women, we're all in hiding.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello fellow ISTP's. Long time listener, first time caller here. I've been dating a confirmed INFP for 5 months now. We do compliment each other quite well; but her emotions, particularly the regular crying sessions are a bit draining. When she's not emotional, things are great. Do you experience frequent crying with your INFP?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Hello fellow ISTP's. Long time listener, first time caller here. I've been dating a confirmed INFP for 5 months now. We do compliment each other quite well; but her emotions, particularly the regular crying sessions are a bit draining. When she's not emotional, things are great. Do you experience frequent crying with your INFP?
Well why is she crying? Are they draining because she expects you to "fix it" for her, or is she just one to give way to tears easily.

I sometimes cry at movies (if there is an animal in it anyway) and I prefer my ISTP husband to just pretend not to notice. If I'm actually crying about something that happened to me then I want my husband to help me through it. Usually just caring words and hug are more than enough to put the whole thing to an end. He doesn't always seem to pick up on that though.

·
Registered
62 Posts
There are things about INTP's that really drive me nuts (like the thinking aloud thing) but I find that I do like them in many ways, when they don't go off to airy-fairy land. I understand their humour and vice versa, and I appreciate their creativity and intelligence. The INTPs whom I know generally are sensitive souls without having to do that emotional touchy-feely thing, and more importantly, without having to lose the logical side of things. They also tend to give people their space. So for a long-term relationship, I think I wouldn't mind an INTP.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts