Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pretty self-explanatory title. Write about your idols in the musical world!

I'll start.

My idol has to be Björk, who I've listened to ever since I was very little (my mum used to play her music whilst she was pregnant with me :tongue:).

I love her unique voice, her unique style and just her inventiveness.
Her songs are always put me in a really good mood.

And she has the best award acceptance speeches ever.
'I am grateful, grapefruit!'

Post your own below.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Ever since I was little I wanted to be Ann Wilson (the one with black hair) of Heart! She has an amazing voice!!

This video is so 80's....but hey Im old ;)

Reactions: Brian1

·
Rebel without a cause
2,725 Posts
I don't have any idols (duh!), but Trent Reznor is my biggest admiration. In my opinion he's one of the most brilliant musicians/soudscape painters!

·
Banned
3,145 Posts
I really like:
Tori Amos
Marilyn Manson
Aaron Stainthorpe
to a lesser extent Dani Filth
Bach
Beethoven
Andrew Lloyd Webber.

Reactions: Stephen

·
Registered
358 Posts
Frank Zappa! I could never advocate this man enough.

He perfected sarcasm and satires to the highest degree.

He was rational, cynical, intelligent, aware, hard-working and an exceptionally talented guitar player.

Rock-based orchestrated compositions with satirical lyrics? What more could one ask for.

I genuinely admire him.

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
I have no "idols", per se. However, I had a lot of respect for Michael Larsen. One of the greatest rappers to ever live in my opinion, as well as a fellow INTJ.

·
The No More Hero
18,285 Posts
I have people I respect... But I can't exactly call them idols.

Jónsi from Sigur Rós

Amanda Palmer

Kisaki-01.jpg Matsuura KISAKI Tadashi, president of the Japanese indie label UNDER CODE PRODUCTIONS, producer, bassist and professional troll.

riku02.jpg Riku (also known as Kenji), Japanese indie singer, ex-vocalist of one of the most successful indie J-Rock bands Phantasmagoria, currently singing on a band called Lin and drinking coffee with his cats.

423296_288696544531597_100001737618250_769650_854932685_n.jpg JUN, Japanese vocalist and guitarist of the indie band spiv states, known by his usually pink hair and loved by fangirls due to his overflowing kindness and cuteness, but he's also a good guitarist.

Miyavi, Japanese guitarist and singer. Just watch the video. He actually plays like that at all times.

This band. For the music. It's awesome.

·
The No More Hero
18,285 Posts
You beat me to it.

I can't really describe how is music makes me feel, but both Sigur Rós's music and his solo work has just so full of hope and emotion and I just couldn't love it more. :3

I already loved him on Sigur Rós, but his solo is breathtaking.

When I saw this the first time my eyes were filled with tears. It's too powerful.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I'm not a big fan of having "idols", but Bob Dylan has inspired me a lot. He seems to have stayed pretty true to himself his whole life, doing whatever he likes. All the while keeping a relatively objective and light-hearted approach to life, and being open to new ideas and experiences.

And, of course, I dig his aesthetic taste.

The video is a little out of sync sadly, and I like the album version better, but yeah. One of my favorite songs of his.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts