• ISTP

Votes: 11 12.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Banned
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which of the below types makes a better sociopath?

ENTP
ENTJ
ESTP
ISTP

traits of sociopath:
risk-taking
lack of remorse
adventurism
lack of empathy
sadism
kills for pleasure
criminal genius
anti social behavior
acts against the law and society standards

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
ISTJ should be in there.

Depends on how you define "better"

P.S Looks like you made up most of those traits.

The types with Fe lowest in the function order more easily become sociopaths.
Those with Te high in the order are also more likely to become sociopaths.

If I had a nice chart I could probably work out a formula for which type is most likely to be a sociopath.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Out of the 4 i'm gonna say ESTP...I have a friend who is ESTP and funnily enough he actually at one time said he identified with being a sociopath.

I'm going to rule out the two intellectuals because our ego would get the best of us. We'd be great at it for a while and then get bored and start screwing up focusing more on what could be as opposed to what we need to be doing to get us what we want.

Se dominant or sub-dominant types are likely to notice more details in the present so I think they'd do a better job of manipulating people day in and day out.
I don't see ISTP as being as good because they value Ti over Se and are likely to judge situations before gathering all of their sensory data. So I guess that leaves ESTP.

I'd imagine an well developed one would do a good job at being able to read people that they don't know based off of their behaviors and other subtle signs and use it against them.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
ENTJs can do it better on large scale. I think "dictator" is listed as their favorite profession on some websites. Once you climb up to rule a nation though, you are no longer a sociopath but suddenly a glorified leader. :crazy: ENTPs can do this better in one-on-one interaction with other people rather than subduing a whole nation to one's sociopathic rule like ENTJs can.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Not ISTP. They have absolutely no charm. Just go to their forum and see how prickly they are. :crazy:

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I think, in the right circumstances, an ENTP could be the most dangerous. ENTPs can get pretty dark--a lot darker than the other types, when they feel hopeless.

primary Ne = lax expectations of reality
secondary Ti = potential to accept anything that fits into their scheme of logic
tertiary Fe = objective understanding of other people's feelings (what they're feeling--can't always tell why)
least Si = basic awareness of their surroundings

You know what, I've been here, though--struggled through my teen years with untreated ADHD. Wasn't hyperactive. You'd be surprised what growing up with ADHD does to the Ti--I think the only function it really helped was the Ne. ADHD can be useful for enabling executive decision-making when the brain knows the material. The problem is that if it's gone untreated for too long, the brain usually doesn't know because you just don't have the attention span to really get in there and figure anything out. Even if you're able to pick it up intuitively, you lack the fundamental sense of things having structure or purpose.

I could go on and on about ADHD but the point is that if there are any factors which significantly inhibit the secondary function then the person may effectively lose his sense of authorship of his own identity. I've seen it happen to various people on multiple occasions, and they were people with and without attention-deficit disorder. I think this figures into the advancement of symptoms that eventually become anti-social personality disorder more so than almost any internal directive. In the ENTP, it becomes a sort of an impassive disregard for or rejection of reality, supplemented by a talent for superficially blending in while operating as an entirely different personality beneath the skin, which will eventually be skillfully employed when they want human company. However ENTPs derive confidence of their identity from being able to retain flexibility and independence in a world teeming with uncertainties, not from assuming a role of deference to circumstance. Deny them autonomy and opportunities both and they might go to astonishing lengths in their desperation to transcend regulation.

·
Registered
722 Posts
It doesn't surprise me that the most voted for type is ENTP LOL.

·
Banned
1,174 Posts

·
Banned
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sociopathy is not psychopathy.

Sociopath- Castor Troy from Face/Off, Joker from Dark Knight
Psycopathy-Patrick Bateman from American Psycho, Hannibal Lector from Hannibal

Sociopathy is like terrorism, blowing things up, disregarding rules, anti-government and anti-law and anti-order

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
ENTP's are pretty much your textbook sociopaths.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Very odd that sociopathy is so glamorized/coveted these days. It's the 2000s way of being "badass". Either that or people think of sociopathy as the opposite of being a doormat.

But consider that some of the criteria include being unable to keep jobs or control your impulses. How is being a leech in any way 'cool'?

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
Sociopathy is not psychopathy.

Sociopath- Castor Troy from Face/Off, Joker from Dark Knight
Psycopathy-Patrick Bateman from American Psycho, Hannibal Lector from Hannibal

Sociopathy is like terrorism, blowing things up, disregarding rules, anti-government and anti-law and anti-order
Stop making shit up to fit your views.
Go outside.
They're all over the place whether you know it or not.

·
Registered
722 Posts
^^Awww SNAP!!!, here it come y'all! lol^^

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
Did I burn down your house or rape your mother?:laughing:
Don't you wish.
Stop trying to play tough guy on the internet, it's less impressive than it is pathetic.

If you actually want to know ANY type can be a sociopath but all it really amounts to is a lack of empathy and therefore an incapacity for love.

So any type that's been mistreated and abused can be a sociopath.
Some types are more prone to it than others but all are capable of it.

Grow up.

Reactions: Slkmcphee

·
Registered
501 Posts
I would like to submit that the best sociopath would be the one that does not get caught or pay any repercussions. Of those, the ENTJ would be the most likely candidate - compulsive planners.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts