Personality Cafe banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
INFJs:

Do you remember moments in your life of surreal, wild social happiness?
Those people that made you say to yourself, I hope this feeling lasts forever.
What people/person made that happen for you? What were their characteristics?

Basically... Who makes your sparks fly and why?

gingerlefty

·
Banned
14,145 Posts
1) wit ... I'm a sucker for wit ... I like to have my brain massaged. :p

2) strength/intelligent ... men who don't get scared from the "feminine" ...

When a man is smart enough to realize I'm just a barking yorkie and not a cujo ...
I want to take my clothes off. :p

3) funny ... men who make me laugh till it goes silent are incredibly dangerous.

yup. that's my top three. witty. strong(intelligent) and funny. they all kinda go hand in hand.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wit ... I'm a sucker for wit ... I like to have my brain massaged. :p
Do you like Thinker (intelligent, sharp sometimes even dark) humor, or would you say you prefer a more light off-beat sort of wit?

Reactions: petite libellule

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think it meant like which person in your life. Who, not what. Your dreamsicle perhaps? :p
"It" actually did also mean what, or who. It wants to know, we are interested in both, my precious! lol ;o

Reactions: Halcyon

·
Banned
3,980 Posts
Well, as of right now there are 2 people who make me really happy and I wish I could talk to them all the time because they make me feel so great.

One, my girlfriend, is an INTP. She is very smart person. She is quiet, like me, but something about her makes me feel so nice and safe and happy. Talking to her is probably one of the few things that I can say makes me truly happy.

The other is a friend of mine who is an ESTJ. She is very smart as well, and she is also very hardworking and dedicated. With her, there is never a dull moment. She always has something to say, and it always leads to a meaningful conversation. Being with her makes me feel safe as well, and she is always so happy or has something to talk about that always makes me happy when I am sad.

I couldn't imagine being without either one of them, they really do make me happy as I can be.

·
Banned
14,145 Posts
Do you like Thinker (intelligent, sharp sometimes even dark) humor, or would you say you prefer a more light off-beat sort of wit?
all of the above. but mostly the "thinker" type.

silly too ... raw intelligence has to be tempered with silly or nothing is any fun.

and you can't have silly if you take yourself seriously. So that's another one too. >.<

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
INFJs:

Do you remember moments in your life of surreal, wild social happiness?
Those people that made you say to yourself, I hope this feeling lasts forever.
What people/person made that happen for you? What were their characteristics?

Basically... Who makes your sparks fly and why?
My Top 2:

-My nearly 14-year-old parakeet. He's like a feather-covered concentrated essence of love with luscious little pink feet and a truly brilliant agile mind. He's the smartest person I know, verbally creative, awesome dancer, very enthusiastic, and he knows more about love than anyone I have ever met. I consider myself extremely fortunate to have him in my life. "Wild social happiness" describes how I experience this connection quite well.

-My mate. Almost impossible to describe her essence: something like, a combination of half-feral and deeply grounded. She's also beautiful, smart, physically strong, emotionally resilient, silly as fuck, passionate lover, artistically creative, deep amazing heart (!), strong sense of self, and a keen appreciation for the beauty of the natural world.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Well.. Nothing you described. But I genuinely felt "good," when I met my wife. Our first date, she was at my place, we stayed up until 7 AM. In bed, just talking. I did not have sex with her which she found shocking. We just talked. And talked. And talked. And talked. It was a moment where I could really be, where I let another person into my world. No judgements, just curiosity and adoration. I secretly still think about that night. I don't plan on forgetting it. Probably one of the few times I have felt here.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well.. Nothing you described.
Thanks for your input, I think you can't fully relate because of your T. All my friends are thinkers and they pretty much draw a blank when I say things like "swept of your feet, you know what I mean?" There's just a much weaker emotional sensitivity with you guys, most of the time, so it's to be expected. With NFs however, to me, the potential emotional highs I can experience are one of the best things about my configuration. Those and the lows are conversely what we suffer for the most, both personally and societally, especially males.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Also, as a secondary question for the audience, do any INFJ's need to feel emotional connection to their closest friends/SO, or are you OK with being the only warm body?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.